Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

purple item problem

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Venarive
12.04.2012 , 09:54 AM | #21
Same issue. I have noticed it on my level 24 Sentinel. It started today; I had no problems before the patch of 4th December.
I am a subscriber with nearly 2 months' left on my subscription.
Re-logs and restarting the game did not work.

And now the server has crashed.

Theodrid
12.04.2012 , 09:59 AM | #22
Same issue on my BH - have not checked my other chars, crafted a purple belt for myself, then would not let me equip with same message as described in posts above, checked my subscription, still active, relogs/restarts and repair did not work. This problem appears to have hit with latest patch (for me at least) and the irony is that this char already has purple(s) equipped :O
The Orbital Guard

Arvig
12.04.2012 , 10:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by BuffoonButcher View Post
So now what? I run undergeared then. Not that anybody would notice as nobody can inspect my gear. What is next? I do not believe in the philosophy of re-logging and such. Always blaming it on the end user. Something we are doing wrong. It is like if my car gets a flat tire, telling me to turn it off and then back on again wil fix it. There is one important fact about computers........Computers will make a perfect mistake every time.......they only do what they are told to do.
Calm down. :P They aren't blaming the end user via suggesting relogging. Good job at reading too much into the post. They only suggested a possible work around. When many reported that such didn't work for them, the developer then posted that they would look further into the issue. So stop nerdraging. :P

Eseme
12.04.2012 , 10:22 AM | #24
Same issue here. Re-logging doesn't work. It is only when I try to bind a purple item and try to equip it. I can take off an re equip any purple that I currenlly have.

Szulu
12.04.2012 , 10:24 AM | #25
bug happens it's nothing unusual, but a whole day without a fix ? come one we pay u ;F

isigrl
12.04.2012 , 10:26 AM | #26
I can confirm this bug and as chimex pointed out - it doesn't seem to affect companions at all, but only the playable character.

I was just able to recreate this bug in the game repeatedly, so here are all the variatons of the bug I came across, with hope that someone from customer support will take a look at this:

A)
- a crafted purple item cannot be equipped on the playable character
- the same crafted purple item can be equipped on companions

B)
- a purple item already bound and on a companion (not a crafted one, but a purple item bought from the GTN ages ago) cannot be equiped on the playable character
- a previously not bound purple item bought from the GTN can be equipped on the playable character (weirdly enough, only that one didn't give the error)

Error is always the same and says: "You cannot use or equip this item due to your subscription permissions"

And I'm a subscriber, needless to say, and have never had my account go to free to play status.

[edit: and yes, you can re-equip all of the purple items you currently have on your character - but only the ones on your character, you cannot give purple items from your companion to your character and equip them]

Relogging DOESN'T work, however, and doesn't fix anything since this isn't the issue with the game falsely stating you have a free to play account when you have a subscription, but a completely separate one.

I mean, seriously... with all these nearly game breaking bugs in some instances (like the one with the companion stats) lately, it's only normal for players, especially long time subscribers, to start feeling frustrated.

At least the companion bug was fixed, and this new bug really should be on their priority list to get fixed asap. (Though, it probably won't be, just like the broken crafting which is - still broken after the 1.5 update, and the two patches following it.)

Glower
12.04.2012 , 11:03 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Thank you for your responses, we will look into this further and advise you of any updates on this issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Can you make it faster then 1-2 weeks?
Cuz I really want to equip my new purple implants.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

krasskin
12.04.2012 , 11:18 AM | #28
Same for me, i can't equip ear what i crafted for this character.

Rezus-factor
12.04.2012 , 11:38 AM | #29
Same for me, i can't equip my purple belt!
And what should we do?

Gnombane
12.04.2012 , 11:44 AM | #30
I hope they realize we can't play certain characters that way... I basically sold all my equipment and bought new one from GTN and now i can't equip it. So i can't play this char until they fix that issue... Hope it won't take them forever.
I resubscribed, but if bugs like that keep me from playing i will reconsider subscribing again
Dak'kon BM Sniper @ Kai-kan