Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

purple item problem

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Druidregalia
12.05.2012 , 07:22 PM | #251
To all those still flaming(and I was one of them a few pages back) They are doing an unspecified hotfix from 2am-4am. If it's not fixed then, feel free to come back and give Eaware what for.

Nardiecos
12.05.2012 , 08:13 PM | #252
Hello!
Has anyone else notice that if you learn the schematic of a purple item using reverse engineering happens that:
1.- Craft the item.
2.- Try to use the item, message: 'YOU CANNOT... bla, bla'
3.- The "purple schematic" (and the "blue schematic" you had used to learn it) disappear from your crafting list.

If it's not enough that you can't use your crafted items, you forget what you had learned.

Good work.

Druidregalia
12.05.2012 , 08:17 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Nardiecos View Post
Hello!
Has anyone else notice that if you learn the schematic of a purple item using reverse engineering happens that:
1.- Craft the item.
2.- Try to use the item, message: 'YOU CANNOT... bla, bla'
3.- The "purple schematic" (and the "blue schematic" you had used to learn it) disappear from your crafting list.

If it's not enough that you can't use your crafted items, you forget what you had learned.

Good work.
that hasnt happeend to me, in fact, on my scoundrel, i can still craft the purples that I have, there's just not that much I can do with them.

shadegeist
12.05.2012 , 08:46 PM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by Druidregalia View Post
that hasnt happeend to me, in fact, on my scoundrel, i can still craft the purples that I have, there's just not that much I can do with them.
That's another issue at the moment, a lot of people are having this bug to schematics learned from Reverse engineering are disappearing from their books, it's happened to my cybernetics crafter but my others seem more or less ok.

Lagboot
12.05.2012 , 09:17 PM | #255
Here is what I have discovered on this issue. Everything you have already on you and in your inventory is un-equippable and re-equippable. Anything you acquire is not. Via--- GTN, Drops, Crafting, etc.... But...Your companions can equip said gear without any issue. Figures!!
Also, I tried binding a purple item to my toon, by adding an augment to it..then I equipped it on my companion..........did not work.

Before I got the bug tonight.....
What is strange is, tonight, (Wed night) I had been on my lower level assassin for a while, logged in and out several times (completely), went on my other toons, bought gear on my assassin from GTN and equipped it. Then I logged out for a third maybe fourth time, came back leveled him some more and then realized I bought a wrong ear piece. So I went to buy another correct piece and ..WHALLA...cannot equip due to sub restrictions.
It seems to be random or maybe triggered by some action internally in the game server side.
Do, or do not............there is no try.

Sinsilya
12.05.2012 , 09:20 PM | #256
anyone esle noticed in mainly happens to low level chars?

JIValentine
12.05.2012 , 09:29 PM | #257
Also having this problem. It's becoming increasingly obnoxious.

Haaze
12.05.2012 , 10:10 PM | #258
Same problem over here. Get it together BioWare!

FlyinSpaghetti
12.05.2012 , 10:13 PM | #259
I could of probably of predicted this bug would come months ago when F2P was announced... it was only a matter of time before us subs get affected.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Englols
12.06.2012 , 01:42 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
So you're saying it's broken to the point that you cannot play? Interesting. From what I gathered people can still play. just not wear certain gear. I do call it an issue. Just not a GAMEBREAKING issue. It needs to be fixed and I have faith that they will fix it. They've already announced a patch for tomorrow morning.
GAMEBREAKING issue . It actually is, when we spend credits on an item that doesn't work and were poor, thats a GAMEBREAKING issue.. i've bought the game on release and have been a SUB for ever, now I cant play the game how I want cause of their mistake? I dont want free stuff, I just want it fixed, and not it a patch 3-4 months from now.