Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

purple item problem

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chimex
12.05.2012 , 05:26 AM | #141
Tried on 2 characters so far (not really wanting to try on all and throw away a mass of credits on this issue!) Both are on different factions but the same server (TOFD)

Does anyone know if this issue only effects full subscribers, or does it affect people who have purchased the cartel unlock as well?

Personally, I don't intend to use RL cash on this problem, so if anyone happens to have that unlock and could sound in, would be grateful for the feedback

x
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Harsisus
12.05.2012 , 05:37 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

We are continuing to work on rectifying this issue and expect the fix in an upcoming patch.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Unless this patch happens today, then this response is ********. Not everyone wants to sit on their characters doing nothing with items we have invested time and money in because of something your developers screwed up.

Fix that ****, and fast.

thelongone
12.05.2012 , 05:56 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by -DG- View Post
Yes, compare with other mmorpg's/companies that only have had their game out about a year!

Seriously, I'm affected as well, and it's quite boring - but get real people, try to think before you whine your brains out - no "new" mmorpg's is without their own share of problems.
12 months in and having hemorrhaged subscribers slashed servers they still break things that worked and ignore things that need fixing, 12 months is well long enough to fix this game,, and as I pay to be dc and be unable to equip things i have spent days, weeks even learning I will whine my brains out on a regular basis

Amsterdamus
12.05.2012 , 05:59 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

We are continuing to work on rectifying this issue and expect the fix in an upcoming patch.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We as subscibers pay to be able to equip these items we spend hours to create, so apoligies not excepted!
Some compensations are in order imo.
Toy,Scoundrel, Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Grondar
12.05.2012 , 06:04 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Harsisus View Post
Unless this patch happens today, then this response is ********. Not everyone wants to sit on their characters doing nothing with items we have invested time and money in because of something your developers screwed up.

Fix that ****, and fast.
While I agree with your sentiment, these CSR's are just the messenger. Although I also hope for a speedy resolution to this issue, chances are they are in no rush to fix it, I hope I'm wrong. Last week's bug with the companion stats affected everyone, including the F2P players, and they are the reason that got fixed fast. They only get money out of them if they stick around.

In the case of subscribers, they can afford to have you wait a week, they have your money anyway. The chances of you leaving are relatively slim, as you are heavily invested in your characters. Most people here, including me, will be angry about it, but most of us will stay. Doesn't mean it's not cathartic to vent some steam here Nothing wrong with it and I hope CS understands the frustrations.

It's amazing how they have their patch system so screwed up. People should be feeling good about patches as it should mean stuff gets fixed. Instead on this game with this patch team, speaking for myself, I dread patch tuesdays as I wonder what will get screwed up this time. It's like the devs are playing russian roulette with their code base.

On topic then: I just crafted several new artifact items for several of my characters, not mods, but equipment. All of it for characters under level 50. None of it could be equipped. Just chiming in again. It would be nice to see an official statement about this on the dev tracker. Thank you.

Eidalon
12.05.2012 , 06:12 AM | #146
i've just checked my 36 Jedi Guardian and problem is still there. I can use purple item mods like armoring but not crafted items and at the same time I can equip crafted purple items to my companion but not for my playable character. So problem is with only crafted purple items which sucks becouse GTN is like 90% crafted artifact class items

SomeJagoff
12.05.2012 , 06:26 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
Ok I'm annoyed about this as much as the next person, angry even. However, suggesting they are doing this deliberately is beyond the pale. I think you've been watching too much X-files
X-Files was a great show, though I wouldn't quite compare covering up an alien invasion with tricking subscribers of an mmo into spending their virtual currency on a feature they should already have, if that's what's going on. If subscibers spend their cartel coins on that unlock, EA benefits, whether that's a "conspiracy" or just bad programming is irrelevant, because the result is the same: subscribers potentially spending additional money on top of their subs. Bait and switch is a pretty long standing business tactic and even certain retailers that claim they don't do it, still do. So I could have a naive point of view and say ,"gee I hope no subscribers paid extra to get this unlock due to this unforeseable glitch." but the truth is, this game, as fun as it may be for many, is ultimately a business, and if more money ends up in EA's pockets, glitch or not, that only benefits them.

The bottom line here is, if you're a PAYING customer, there is absolutely no excuse to be treated like a non-paying guest. You know how when somebody offends you in the game, you just press the ignore button and you never have to hear from them again? Unsubscribing is just like that, takes 1 click. What EA/Bioware should have been doing with this game from the absolute start is having direct communication with their customers about bugs, hard concrete timetables, etc., but instead, it's just been vague answers constantly, if we are so lucky to even get vague answers.

I appreciate the fact that the mods have replied to this thread, but there's a big difference between, "this is a top priority, the patch will be released by tonight" and "an upcoming patch will fix this." Upcoming Could be tonight, or it could be a week from now or a month from now. I don't blame the moderators for the vague answer, they're just the messengers, but the people with actual authority, head of PR, etc. those are the people who should be making big issues like this their top priority and making their loyal paying customers feel valued.

Sorry, but it's been close to a year of this vague seemingly dismissive communication on EA/Bioware's part on countless issues, where stuff is completely ignored for days or weeks, then randomly patched (or not) or questions just flagrantly deleted. That big thread about a month ago about REing other people's crafted mods that was on the front page of Darthhater? Yeah, I started that thread. Why did it take a month to get a reply? Simple. Because within an hour of me posting an innocent question, my thread is deleted. So then I submit several in-game tickets and vent my frustrations to a live agent, then a month later, they undelete my thread and answer it, "yeah, that's working as intended." cool, it would have been nice if I had just gotten a response like that in the first place, even if it took a couple of days, or even just feedback from other players. Instead? my thread was deleted and my question/value as a paying subscriber? "yeah, you're not important, nor are your questions." *delete* Then suddenly once I complain via several in-game tickets about that, THEN suddenly my question is important and gets a direct response from a dev. Sorry, but that's just bad customer service and whoever is in charge of PR/communication and has decided to treat paying customers like this for the past year needs to be fired, not the developers actually trying to fix the game.
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

Ulfrik_Wulfgar
12.05.2012 , 06:28 AM | #148
I have the same issue. Fortunately it doesn't bind it when attempting to fit so it can be re-sold

SomeJagoff
12.05.2012 , 06:34 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulfrik_Wulfgar View Post
I have the same issue. Fortunately it doesn't bind it when attempting to fit so it can be re-sold
I added an augment to one of my crafted implants, it bound to me, but Still can't be equipped. As others have mentioned, actual mods/armorings/enhancements/hilts/barrels/etc. are unaffected and can be equipped without issue.
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

Glower
12.05.2012 , 06:35 AM | #150
Still not fixed?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "Theyd love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)