Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

purple item problem

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cerimon
12.05.2012 , 04:10 AM | #131 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

We are continuing to work on rectifying this issue and expect the fix in an upcoming patch.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Sinsilya
12.05.2012 , 04:11 AM | #132
having the same issue today as i logged i cant epuip any purrples, i am subscriber and have 34 days more

Jonysteam
12.05.2012 , 04:14 AM | #133
Seme here...i pay to dont have problems like this....

thelongone
12.05.2012 , 04:42 AM | #134
Sorry Cerimon apologies don't cut it anymore... swtor have said sorry so many times it has lost all meaning. Just compare yourself to other professionals who sort the problems out and keep their customers informed .I am getting increasingly frustrated by this game every 2 steps forward means another one backward... why are you hurting your subscribers in this way ?

SomeJagoff
12.05.2012 , 04:52 AM | #135
surprise surprise, 6,000 views already and growing. This is really unacceptable for paying subscribers. The whole point of free to play was to give players a taste, then if they wanted more, they could subscribe, thus increasing subscriptions. Now the few remaining subscribers are getting shafted repeatedly, more lag, login queues (my guildmaster, subscriber from day 1 had a 30min login queue as we were prepping to run EC the other day), the game "accidentally" treating subscribers as F2P if they're logged out due to inactivity, and now being unable to equip artifact quality items?

Let's be honest here, is this a completely random bug or a con to get people who are ALREADY SUBSCRIBED to just spend their cartel coins on the artifact quality unlock from the cartel market, to avoid waiting potentially weeks for a fix?? Don't play games with us bioware/EA.

-Subscriber with 4 days to choose whether to continue subscription or cancel and stop playing all together.
Lightsabers, Force Choke, Force Lightning, Jedi Mind Tricks, what else could you want from an MMO? There may be other MMOs out there, but do they have Lightsabers?....Do They?

Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

cdgx
12.05.2012 , 04:54 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

We are continuing to work on rectifying this issue and expect the fix in an upcoming patch.

When can we expect that upcoming patch?

-DG-
12.05.2012 , 04:56 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by thelongone View Post
Sorry Cerimon apologies don't cut it anymore... swtor have said sorry so many times it has lost all meaning. Just compare yourself to other professionals who sort the problems out and keep their customers informed .I am getting increasingly frustrated by this game every 2 steps forward means another one backward... why are you hurting your subscribers in this way ?
Yes, compare with other mmorpg's/companies that only have had their game out about a year!

Seriously, I'm affected as well, and it's quite boring - but get real people, try to think before you whine your brains out - no "new" mmorpg's is without their own share of problems.

Druidregalia
12.05.2012 , 05:13 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by -DG- View Post
Yes, compare with other mmorpg's/companies that only have had their game out about a year!

Seriously, I'm affected as well, and it's quite boring - but get real people, try to think before you whine your brains out - no "new" mmorpg's is without their own share of problems.
true but they've managed to break one of the things this game truly got right and that was the crafting system.

I tested this on my level 50 pt. I first tried to equip some BOE purple gloves I got from a random enemy doing dalies(thus destorying my chance to GTN them ><) I WAS ABLE TO EQUIP THEM.

Then I tested this with the cheapest crafted purple implant I could find on the GTN. I COULD NOT EQUIP IT.

which leads me to the conclusion that it's only crafted purples and apparently not anything else. Still this is gamebreaking for a great many people. It made me shelf my Scoundrel tonight(when i came across this glitch myself) I had just crafted my first purple on her(a level 17 purple shotgun) and was actually really excited to use it. I made 2 in fact and was going to give the other to another smuggler I happened to be questing with. At that time I couldn't help but think that this was something bioware really did right.

Then, we both realized that neither of us could equip it. Then i checked the forums only to realize that there is no real workaround(tried the logging in and out......no use)

TLDR: Sofar the last two patches have managed to break two of this games most distinctive and well done features, the crafting system and companions. The companion one wasn't too bad because it was fixed in a day, now all we get for this one is "upcoming patch"(whatever the hell that means).

chimex
12.05.2012 , 05:15 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
surprise surprise, 6,000 views already and growing. This is really unacceptable for paying subscribers. The whole point of free to play was to give players a taste, then if they wanted more, they could subscribe, thus increasing subscriptions. Now the few remaining subscribers are getting shafted repeatedly, more lag, login queues (my guildmaster, subscriber from day 1 had a 30min login queue as we were prepping to run EC the other day), the game "accidentally" treating subscribers as F2P if they're logged out due to inactivity, and now being unable to equip artifact quality items?

Let's be honest here, is this a completely random bug or a con to get people who are ALREADY SUBSCRIBED to just spend their cartel coins on the artifact quality unlock from the cartel market, to avoid waiting potentially weeks for a fix?? Don't play games with us bioware/EA.

-Subscriber with 4 days to choose whether to continue subscription or cancel and stop playing all together.
Ok I'm annoyed about this as much as the next person, angry even. However, suggesting they are doing this deliberately is beyond the pale. I think you've been watching too much X-files
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

tingen
12.05.2012 , 05:23 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

When? Relogging a 1000 times doesnt help. Waiting a week for the fix in not acceptable in this case.