Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just spammed surgical probe for 15 times in a row

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Just spammed surgical probe for 15 times in a row

Fiamma_Verde
12.04.2012 , 02:07 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
24000 hp tank, At 30% he has 7200 hp, good luck, i can keep the tank alive with 2 dps pummeling at him no problem. This is how i got my 15 surgical probes.
Well yeah, now you might have a problem but it's not because SP is op. All you'd need is a stategy adjustment. If there was a dps wailing on the healer at the same time that wouldn't be the case. Really you just need one stun to remove a guy from SP life support anyway.

Plus let's face it the healer should be marked with a big flame over his head and some guy yelling at the team to kill the bastard anyhow.

NoTomorrow
12.04.2012 , 02:41 PM | #22
You guys all remind me of ppl defending healer nerfs before 1.2. Just focus healer, just CC healer. LOL Not every DPS has a 8s mezz, the tank will not die during those 4s the healer is stunned. Focus healer? I am guarded, ops healers have some of the easiest times under guard, even when focused. Even the HoTs aren't a joke either, you can get 1000 hp per tick long before you even get into 50 pvp.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

AMKSED
12.04.2012 , 03:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Pekoo View Post
I really don't get the point when you say scoundrels have absolutely no resource management, if you're spamming surgical probe/emergency medpack then you're right but that's not what will heal a team, i find myself using diagnostic scan a lot to get energy and i have to say that if as a scoundrel/operative you never run out of energy without using diagnostic scan than you are doing something wrong, as i always have to use it after 2 underworld medicine/kolto injection.

As for emergency medpack/ surgical probe i agree that it needs a nerf, i would do something like 7 energy cost and 1 upper hand (still regranting 1 upper hand when used on targets bellow 30% health) and underworld medicine/ kolto injection would reduce the energy cost of the next emergency medpack/ surgical probe by 100%. A nerf bigger than that would require some love to kolto pack/ kolto infusion.

LOL
Do you even remember how commando healers where OP before 1.2?
A scoundrel healer right now isn't even close to what commandos were before, they could tank through 2-3 people, heal themselves, heal all their team and they still would have time to do some dps.

I'm not saying that they don't need a buff, they do but putting them back to pre 1.2 is just plain stupidity.
That was if they were guarded and those were before the expertise changes too. Scoundrel could do the same, just nobody knew how to play Scoundrel healer well. There were a few and that's about it.

Either way it still stands. In PvP, there's no point in bringing a Commando/Mercenary anything.

cashogy
12.04.2012 , 03:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SOULCASTER View Post
The sage heal proc was a bit OP. But given that they aren't changing or nerfing any of the other classes. Yeah i think what you've suggested above is a good idea.
the proc wasnt op, it was the fact that however it was coded would allow a sage/sorc to double dip and get 2 casts out of the proc. it was a bug, and instead of fixing it bioware just changed the mechanic
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Pvtcarnage
12.04.2012 , 04:52 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
24000 hp tank, At 30% he has 7200 hp, good luck, i can keep the tank alive with 2 dps pummeling at him no problem. This is how i got my 15 surgical probes.
Then you where playing against fools
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

clubdeeko
12.04.2012 , 07:24 PM | #26
Do you not think that operatives/scoundrels have been butt-****** enough? Anymore nerfs to this class would be the final nail in the coffin.

I say this as I've had to deal with Nerf after Nerf until I specced into medicine in order to keep playing my beloved operative. I'm praying that we get a deserved buff next update, although I'm not holding my breath.

Piam
12.04.2012 , 08:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by clubdeeko View Post
Do you not think that operatives/scoundrels have been butt-****** enough? Anymore nerfs to this class would be the final nail in the coffin.

I say this as I've had to deal with Nerf after Nerf until I specced into medicine in order to keep playing my beloved operative. I'm praying that we get a deserved buff next update, although I'm not holding my breath.
Clarification: DPS operatives have been nerfed since launch. Healing operatives have been relatively buffed, and have been the strongest healing class since 1.2.

AMKSED
12.04.2012 , 08:33 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Piam View Post
Clarification: DPS operatives have been nerfed since launch. Healing operatives have been relatively buffed, and have been the strongest healing class since 1.2.
It's funny because they were already the strongest prior to 1.2

Vacarius
12.04.2012 , 11:06 PM | #29
I can spam it against recruit geared attackers too

Seriously, any good dps knows to time his cooldowns to smash an operative through the final 30%. It's like stunning a mara using UR (though not always the best idea), you just have to learn how to deal with a classe's advantages. Laziness shouldn't be rewarded.

Also, healer operatives were not the strongest healers prior to 1.2 (most would say we were the worst).
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

Ravashakk
12.05.2012 , 02:45 AM | #30
1. If you haven't PVP'ed extensively as a healer at 50, then your opinion matters very little here. Last thing we need are a bunch of dps complaining that they didn't kill a good healer.

2. If you cripple the healing tree for ops/scoundrels, they will have 0 viable specs for pvp. Conceal/Scrapper is "ok" but outshined by a lot of other dps classes.

3. Since bioware, in their infinite wisdom, decided to lower TTK, healing has become harder. You have to use higher healing abilities that cost more of your resource to keep ppl alive. Anyone saying that Ops/scoundrels don't have to worry about energy have never played a decent game before. You will have energy problems when the **** hits the fan. Mainly because you have to make the decision of higher hps or energy efficiency. You can't have both. If the ball carrier is dying, you don't get the luxury of making that decision. On top of that, if you have so much energy stored up, you should be helping the dps focus down targets. This attributes to energy starvation.

4. Your example of spamming SP 15 times on a tank is kind of borked. A tank is generally sturdy enough that ANY heal spammed would have kept him alive. It is a gimmick heal. Strong in some situations, dang near useless in others. The ppl that have issues against it, don't know how to counter it. I love killing other operatives/scoundrels off because I know what affects me the most when the table is turned.