Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just spammed surgical probe for 15 times in a row

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Just spammed surgical probe for 15 times in a row

Lexlo
12.04.2012 , 07:42 AM | #11
Eh, the <30% part isn't that OP. It's there to get you out of "Execution" ability health range.
Prophecy of the Five
<WAR>|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| |:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|<LTW>
Twitch.TV

Technohic
12.04.2012 , 07:45 AM | #12
Could it be the problem people are having with spammed surgical probe might have to do with the preference of front loaded burst these days rather than sustained or even back loaded damage?

I know when I see an OP healer on my sniper; I save my EP until I have them almost down the 30%, then I use it in front of an ambush, and then I use takedown, and then follow through If they escape, they are hurting.

Graziell
12.04.2012 , 07:46 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Why regranting Tactical Advantage on using surgical probe on <30% hp target does not have a cooldown? Any other powerful proc ability in game has a cd.

Can we stop with this easy mode effortless healing of operatives? Its a faceroll no skill healing class. Its so damn easy to survive as an op healer that it is mind-boggling. Every damn rwz will have an op healer, nobody will miss other healers if ops will replace them.
Your dps suck.
Against competent enemies SP/EMP only shines coupled with stun bubble.
And for the record, you should bring a sage for force dot cleanse (poor smasher..) and misplaced lifts/whirlewinds.

BTW: tanksin has no cd on shock proc

Fiamma_Verde
12.04.2012 , 08:16 AM | #14
*shrug* I play a scoundral healer, and just saying from experience, emergency med pack isn't going to do much to keep me up against a determined DPS is I'm under 30% (unless I have a chain healer around, or am guarded). Normally if I try keeping myself alive that way I'm pretty desperate and my other survival strats (dirty kick, dissapearing act+sneak, or defensive cooldowns) are on cool down.

Really if I can save myself with emp it's because of some very lucky crits, or because I popped a devensive screen and the DPS didn't have the common sense to use a stun or interrupt when I went to use a bigger heal.

SlimsPicken
12.04.2012 , 10:33 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
if u can't out dps surgical probe, I'm suprized you got healer down to 30% in the first place....
this.

Most classes having a 30% execute skill makes surgical probe pretty useless if even one finisher is thrown on your target.

unless the target is above 20% and just below 30% its pretty hard to just spam SP and hope to keep anyone alive through even 1 DPS with stuns and execute.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

Pvtcarnage
12.04.2012 , 12:33 PM | #16
Why regranting Tactical Advantage on using surgical probe on <30% hp target does not have a cooldown? Any other powerful proc ability in game has a cd.

Can we stop with this easy mode effortless healing of operatives? Its a faceroll no skill healing class. Its so damn easy to survive as an op healer that it is mind-boggling. Every damn rwz will have an op healer, nobody will miss other healers if ops will replace them.
if it had a cooldown what would be the point of that skill? it does not heal for much.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Pvtcarnage
12.04.2012 , 12:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
You forgot most abilities have a cost associated with them too ...
I really loved the commando ammo-managment nerf because they according to BW never ran out of ammo, while my healing scoundrel was way more resource-efficient than my commando even before the buff. Right now scoundrel has abosolutely no resource managment, its simply not there, never runs out ....

Personally I would bring back commandos to how they were, give sages the proc to quickly cast the big heal and give a small resource cost to emergency medpack.
It runs out, try again please.
and yes Commandos got it up the nerf butt and they need attention
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Smashbrother
12.04.2012 , 01:15 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Pekoo View Post

LOL
Do you even remember how commando healers where OP before 1.2?
A scoundrel healer right now isn't even close to what commandos were before, they could tank through 2-3 people, heal themselves, heal all their team and they still would have time to do some dps.

I'm not saying that they don't need a buff, they do but putting them back to pre 1.2 is just plain stupidity.
That's because people were too stupid to use an interrupt on the commando. Now most people do know how to use interrupts, and interrupt the correct heal.

NoTomorrow
12.04.2012 , 01:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
if u can't out dps surgical probe, I'm suprized you got healer down to 30% in the first place....
24000 hp tank, At 30% he has 7200 hp, good luck, i can keep the tank alive with 2 dps pummeling at him no problem. This is how i got my 15 surgical probes.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Jadescythe
12.04.2012 , 01:50 PM | #20
24000 hp tank, At 30% he has 7200 hp, good luck, i can keep the tank alive with 2 dps pummeling at him no problem. This is how i got my 15 surgical probes.
TBH, if one of the DPS didn't have the brains to CC you while they finished off the tank, that's their problem not SP's.
I have opinions and stuff