Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just spammed surgical probe for 15 times in a row

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Just spammed surgical probe for 15 times in a row

NoTomorrow
12.04.2012 , 02:45 AM | #1
Why regranting Tactical Advantage on using surgical probe on <30% hp target does not have a cooldown? Any other powerful proc ability in game has a cd.

Can we stop with this easy mode effortless healing of operatives? Its a faceroll no skill healing class. Its so damn easy to survive as an op healer that it is mind-boggling. Every damn rwz will have an op healer, nobody will miss other healers if ops will replace them.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

SajPl
12.04.2012 , 02:49 AM | #2
You forgot most abilities have a cost associated with them too ...
I really loved the commando ammo-managment nerf because they according to BW never ran out of ammo, while my healing scoundrel was way more resource-efficient than my commando even before the buff. Right now scoundrel has abosolutely no resource managment, its simply not there, never runs out ....

Personally I would bring back commandos to how they were, give sages the proc to quickly cast the big heal and give a small resource cost to emergency medpack.

Cotlu-Hunlon
12.04.2012 , 04:11 AM | #3
I agree with this ^ Please put Commandos back to pre 1.2 levels when we were actually able to keep people alive and ourselves. The sentinel damage outputs in 50 warzones are far greater than our healing for the most part.

POPsi
12.04.2012 , 05:33 AM | #4
it's not like you can't burn down an operative who is keeping himself alive with surgical probe... probably not with a tank, but a dps should be able to burst an operative down who is at around 30%. Especially since gcd applies to SP, so you can't spam it non-stop. And yes, I have an operative, and no, I don't do pvp on it It's a nice ability to have, but it's not gamebreakingly OP.

Pekoo
12.04.2012 , 05:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
I really loved the commando ammo-managment nerf because they according to BW never ran out of ammo, while my healing scoundrel was way more resource-efficient than my commando even before the buff. Right now scoundrel has abosolutely no resource managment, its simply not there, never runs out ....

Personally I would bring back commandos to how they were, give sages the proc to quickly cast the big heal and give a small resource cost to emergency medpack.
I really don't get the point when you say scoundrels have absolutely no resource management, if you're spamming surgical probe/emergency medpack then you're right but that's not what will heal a team, i find myself using diagnostic scan a lot to get energy and i have to say that if as a scoundrel/operative you never run out of energy without using diagnostic scan than you are doing something wrong, as i always have to use it after 2 underworld medicine/kolto injection.

As for emergency medpack/ surgical probe i agree that it needs a nerf, i would do something like 7 energy cost and 1 upper hand (still regranting 1 upper hand when used on targets bellow 30% health) and underworld medicine/ kolto injection would reduce the energy cost of the next emergency medpack/ surgical probe by 100%. A nerf bigger than that would require some love to kolto pack/ kolto infusion.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cotlu-Hunlon View Post
I agree with this ^ Please put Commandos back to pre 1.2 levels when we were actually able to keep people alive and ourselves. The sentinel damage outputs in 50 warzones are far greater than our healing for the most part.
LOL
Do you even remember how commando healers where OP before 1.2?
A scoundrel healer right now isn't even close to what commandos were before, they could tank through 2-3 people, heal themselves, heal all their team and they still would have time to do some dps.

I'm not saying that they don't need a buff, they do but putting them back to pre 1.2 is just plain stupidity.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
<Nostrum Dolus>
3500+ RWZ

Phoabe - Scoundrel || Choco'latte - Sage

CaptainApop
12.04.2012 , 05:44 AM | #6
Most sub 30% damaging abilities have cooldowns....and also do more damage than surgical probe heals...and you still have your normal sustained dps which should also be higher than surgical probe spamming (assuming he isn't just getting a lucky chain of crits or he's kiting/los'ing you well).

Surgical probe was pretty neat in pvp when it was sub 30% and execute abilties were sub 20%. Less so now that once someone hits 30% every doo-lah on the enemy team with an execute sees their opportunity and gibs them.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Easpeak
12.04.2012 , 06:14 AM | #7
If you are deeps and can't kill a healer in this game then you might as well quit.
Easpeak
Easpeax
Maedex
Heffalo

Atramar
12.04.2012 , 06:20 AM | #8
if u can't out dps surgical probe, I'm suprized you got healer down to 30% in the first place....
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

NogueiraA
12.04.2012 , 07:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Why regranting Tactical Advantage on using surgical probe on <30% hp target does not have a cooldown? Any other powerful proc ability in game has a cd.

Can we stop with this easy mode effortless healing of operatives? Its a faceroll no skill healing class. Its so damn easy to survive as an op healer that it is mind-boggling. Every damn rwz will have an op healer, nobody will miss other healers if ops will replace them.
No, you want a PVP nerf, will afect huge in PVE, you have no clue how many Operations I've saved because of this free cast.
Scoundrels and OP has a lack of AOE heals, this class was nerf DPS 3 times in a row, so, deal with it.

SOULCASTER
12.04.2012 , 07:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post

The sage heal proc was a bit OP. But given that they aren't changing or nerfing any of the other classes. Yeah i think what you've suggested above is a good idea.
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/CidxPvP
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!