Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High Detail Textures added?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
High Detail Textures added?

WildmanUK
12.20.2011 , 03:48 AM | #1
Hi

I tried to log on this morning but had a queue on the server I was on for early access to not been able to check this out due to leaving for work.

In early access I had texture detail set to High when I logged on this morning it had changed to medium, I know there was a problem before where nothing changed between Med and High settings.

Does anyone know if this means the high detail textures have now been added?

Thanks.

WildmanUK

Ardwan
12.20.2011 , 04:20 AM | #2
Soon as I can get on will let you know. *grumble* stupid noobs filling up my server at 9am *grumble*

WildmanUK
12.20.2011 , 04:32 AM | #3
On a side note I expected the servers from early access to be maybe locked at the current populations and then newer players that started today to be sent to the new servers.

Hopefully the server queues will even out later.

Ardwan
12.20.2011 , 04:42 AM | #4
Yeah, I'm really hoping that the current queues is due to some kind of artificial cap that BW put in place for today.

Craylith
12.20.2011 , 04:46 AM | #5
Would have been really nice if they had locked the servers that were already highly (over)populated. New players have no way of telling which servers already suffer from long queues unless they create their character during peak hours.

I donīt even want to think about how things will be like tonight during peak hours.

Ardwan
12.20.2011 , 05:09 AM | #6
Yeah, switching between medium and high doesn't seem to do anything still.

WildmanUK
12.20.2011 , 05:16 AM | #7
Thanks for the information on the Med/High thing.

I was hoping with it changing my default to Med when it was on High it had been changed.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon as some of the armour textures look very blurry low res.

The rest of the game looks fine to me but I drop an epic chest piece with great stats stick it on and it looks blocky/blurry not what you want to see haha.

WildmanUK

Sulleyn
12.20.2011 , 06:10 AM | #8
My brother had this problem with his ati graphics card, tried a few methods, and noticed when he uninstalled his driver the textures on his armor were better

He reinstalled the driver and then set his graphics card options in his ati catalyst controller to default and it sorted his problem

WildmanUK
12.20.2011 , 06:27 AM | #9
Thanks for that info.

Will try this later. I am forcing AA x4 and adaptive AA via the catalyst which makes the rest of the game look great but the armour textures look odd.

Will try and turn adaptive off and see if this makes a difference or if not will try and reinstall the driver as you said.

Thanks again.

WildmanUK

nite_shade
12.20.2011 , 06:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Craylith View Post
Would have been really nice if they had locked the servers that were already highly (over)populated. New players have no way of telling which servers already suffer from long queues unless they create their character during peak hours.

I donīt even want to think about how things will be like tonight during peak hours.
Locking.... I bet BW went 'DOH!!' when they read that lol!! How obvious eh?