High Detail Textures added?

WildmanUK

Hi

I tried to log on this morning but had a queue on the server I was on for early access to not been able to check this out due to leaving for work.

In early access I had texture detail set to High when I logged on this morning it had changed to medium, I know there was a problem before where nothing changed between Med and High settings.

Does anyone know if this means the high detail textures have now been added?

Thanks.

WildmanUK

Would have been really nice if they had locked the servers that were already highly (over)populated. New players have no way of telling which servers already suffer from long queues unless they create their character during peak hours.

I don´t even want to think about how things will be like tonight during peak hours.

Thanks for the information on the Med/High thing.

I was hoping with it changing my default to Med when it was on High it had been changed.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon as some of the armour textures look very blurry low res.

The rest of the game looks fine to me but I drop an epic chest piece with great stats stick it on and it looks blocky/blurry not what you want to see haha.

WildmanUK

My brother had this problem with his ati graphics card, tried a few methods, and noticed when he uninstalled his driver the textures on his armor were better

He reinstalled the driver and then set his graphics card options in his ati catalyst controller to default and it sorted his problem

Edited by Sulleyn

Thanks for that info.

Will try this later. I am forcing AA x4 and adaptive AA via the catalyst which makes the rest of the game look great but the armour textures look odd.

Will try and turn adaptive off and see if this makes a difference or if not will try and reinstall the driver as you said.

Thanks again.

WildmanUK

Would have been really nice if they had locked the servers that were already highly (over)populated. New players have no way of telling which servers already suffer from long queues unless they create their character during peak hours.

I don´t even want to think about how things will be like tonight during peak hours.

Locking.... I bet BW went 'DOH!!' when they read that lol!! How obvious eh? :eek:

No worries, have an nvidea myself and dont know much about ati, just know he was worried with the washed out textures.

be sure to revert it to default, and perhaps from there u can maybe add things like aa to get the results you want :)

Oh, and my graphics are all set to hi, the new hi-res textures have not been implemented as yet.

There was no patch when I tried to log on this morning..... 2 days without playing on my server due to stupid Queues..... Last week was so nice with hardly any wait to get on..... but playing on another server until I can catch up with my mates again on our RP-PvP server.... I think they are several levels higher than me now :mad::mad::mad::mad:........ I hate working for a living....!!! :D

Thanks for that info.

Will try this later. I am forcing AA x4 and adaptive AA via the catalyst which makes the rest of the game look great but the armour textures look odd.

Will try and turn adaptive off and see if this makes a difference or if not will try and reinstall the driver as you said.

Thanks again.

WildmanUK

He tried various drivers, newer and older but he still had the washed out look.

What we actually noticed was when he uninstalled the driver and ran the game the textures were more detailed, which he thought was odd , but obviously we knew it was a problem with ati, he then reinstalled the driver and set the driver settings to default and he was able to get the detail.

Hope this helps anyway, im not computer savy at all, but thought i'd let you know his fix

Not fully tried the removal of the Driver yet but might try that in a sec.

Heres a screen shot of my game showing the problem I mean.

http://imageshack.us/f/864/screenshot2011122020304.jpg/

This is with all the details to High, but shadows, bloom off.

I have then forced AA via Catalyst Control Centre at 2x. I have also tried multi sample, adaptive, and super sample via Catalyst and same results.

Also have tried the morphological filtering option in CCC as well.

As you can see the texture is not very good the detail on the ammo belt across the chest is really blocky and odd, so is the chest panel with blue light and the texture on the central belt buckle too.

The rest of the game looks great but the armor textures are really strange, is this the same sort of thing your brother was getting before I reinstall my GFX drivers?

WildmanUK.

Edited by WildmanUK