Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Its time to buff the sorc/sage trees i want my 5k hits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Its time to buff the sorc/sage trees i want my 5k hits

Givemedanger
12.04.2012 , 04:10 PM | #21
I rarely see 5k rail shots. It means either the target has low expertise or the PT/VG sacrificed some stats for more power/surge. 6k-7k rail shots? BS!

But i'd like a buff to our death field. 500 more base damage would do for me.

yauhen_pt
12.04.2012 , 04:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Givemedanger View Post
But i'd like a buff to our death field. 500 more base damage would do for me.
and decrease range to 5 meters

Rendolphe
12.04.2012 , 04:14 PM | #23
Sage / Sorc DPS need more love from the DEV.

They should have more burst because of their very low survability, especiallly the Balance / Madness tree. On the other hand, you look at the smasher doing almost 2 time our damage with lower cooldown on smash than Death field. Not to mention that they have more defensive skill, especially the Mara/sent smash.

I can deal with low survability Sage/Sorc, but they should rise the output damage to bring the balance.
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

yauhen_pt
12.04.2012 , 04:21 PM | #24
Quote:
They should have more burst because of their very low survability, especiallly the Balance / Madness tree.

Jakees
12.04.2012 , 04:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by yauhen_pt View Post
my is 930 and max hit with df i ever did is a bit more then 4k. is yr server "paradise"? prob i need to transfer my char to yr server since u r runing there another swtor.
im on the shadow lands i hit 4500k with fib

Rendolphe
12.04.2012 , 07:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by yauhen_pt View Post
Let see a sent with a 6-7K smash with Rebuke, Saber ward, vanish and use 99% dmg reduction.
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

wwkingms
12.04.2012 , 08:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JediKalel View Post
I'm not sure what you are implying by that, but I can and do hit 5 K crits in PvP all the time with my Sorcs AOE attack, granted thats on a perfect crit... crits vary on potency depending on whether the attack itself hit for the max effect and whether your surge % is as high as possible, along with the opponents damage reduction.

One thing that I have learned in PvP as DPS specc is that less expertise = more damage, I havent ran the numbers to cite the exact cutoff, but somewhere around 1000 expertise you actually start losing DPS in a tradeoff for damage reduction. This means your overall stats have become low enough that the expertise buff to damage is in effect LOWER than what you would get DPS wise with lower expertise and high level PvE gear with higher stats. The tradeoff of that is you get more damage reduction meaning your survivability goes up, but your DPS output is lower (think of it like a tank specc)

If you dont believe me on this do the math yourself... ie if you drop 20 points of damage from 920 damage for a 2% boost on 900 damage with slightly more expertise, you only gain 18 points of damage back, meaning you went from 920 damage to 918... the more your stats decrease and the more your expertise increases above that point you are LOSING DPS for survivability.
dude ur not helping

other classes go full pvp gear.. have amazing survivability cause of it and still better dmg

u wanna sit here and say our option is to use half pve gear? just to come a little closer to their dmg? and take twice as much dmg in return

that makes no sense please leave
NIHIL

THE BASTION

JediKalel
12.04.2012 , 09:21 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
dude ur not helping

other classes go full pvp gear.. have amazing survivability cause of it and still better dmg

u wanna sit here and say our option is to use half pve gear? just to come a little closer to their dmg? and take twice as much dmg in return

that makes no sense please leave
What I'm saying is that there IS dr on expertise... simply piling on as much expertise as possible at the cost of stats does not make you do more DPS, thats a problem with all classes, not just sorc / sage. No one said you take twice as much damage either lol... actually the more expertise you put in the more DR you get for damage reduction, so just like the DR on damage, at some point you are losing more health from the lower stats than the damage reduction makes up for. This applies for all dps classes evenly, it just happens to be that smash spec is currently OP compared to the others in terms of base output.

The problem I see is that PvP gear is so low statted, especially on the armorings, that you are better off using top end pve armorings mixed with pvp mods and enhancements to retain your stats and still have enough expertise (around 1000+) so that you are not losing DPS and also not being facerolled. This is more of a problem with the actual stats on the gear itself and the DR on expertise, it doesnt mean that any specific classes need a buff, moreover that the current way PvP gear is setup to function is not very well thought out. I'm sure its to keep people from using PvP gear to be viable in PvE, but it seems that they went a little overboard with it.

AshlaBoga
12.04.2012 , 09:27 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Rendolphe View Post
Sage / Sorc DPS need more love from the DEV.

They should have more burst because of their very low survability, especiallly the Balance / Madness tree. On the other hand, you look at the smasher doing almost 2 time our damage with lower cooldown on smash than Death field. Not to mention that they have more defensive skill, especially the Mara/sent smash.

I can deal with low survability Sage/Sorc, but they should rise the output damage to bring the balance.
Yes, just yes^^^^
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

VragonBral
12.04.2012 , 10:04 PM | #30
There is two threads basically about these two same topics. The simple answer to this issue is: Make the DoT's do more frontloaded damage and have less tick's.
Always remember the first rule of power tactics; power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
-Saul Alinsky