Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To clueless QQ'ers calling smash/focus spec an easy/boring spec...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To clueless QQ'ers calling smash/focus spec an easy/boring spec...

NoTomorrow
12.04.2012 , 02:38 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by HeIIbat View Post
You got no idea about sniper abilities. I easy count 15 vital low CD abilities for MM sniper - Take cover, FT, Snipe, Ambush, Takedown, Legshot, Flashbang, Cover Pulse, Shield Probe, Entrench, Shattershot, Explosive probe, Orbital Strike, Frag grenade, Rifle shot. You should bind also Ballistic shield, Evasion, Escape, Adrenaline probe, Debilitate and Target Acquired.
He only limited himself to attack abilities, as if attack abilities are all that we use in game.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

demuss
12.04.2012 , 02:43 AM | #32
First of, the fact that you made this post to defend your ezmode spec is just evidence that its overpowered. Also, naming off a couple of random abilities in a sniper and sorc rotation and claiming that's all the class needs to use to be effective just shows how bad of a player your are. Truth is most classes in this game have over 20 abilities to manage, whether you chose to use those abilities effectively and under the right situations is a factor that dictates your skill level. Yes, most dps rotations only consists of a few abilities but that applies to most classes especially rage spec. Think of it this way....one ability that does more damage than most high dps single target abilities, can auto-crit, has a relatively short cooldown (potentially 6 seconds), is aoe!, oh and don't forget its force damage so its harder to defend against (with the exception of force shroud). And for the people who claim "just simply move out of the way" don't forget that same spec has 2 instant gap closing leaps. Sure there are counters such as knockbacks, taunts, defensive cooldowns, CC, ect....but same applies to dps spec for that matter. Tell me, in what world does this sound balanced?

KettleBelll
12.04.2012 , 02:48 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Azrienov View Post
I'd also point out that as a rage jugg, I stack nothing but power.

becaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause smash auto crits. I have a guildmate with his smash jugg... he has 1200 bonus damage... takes the hard work out of min/maxing. No other class has that.

Do you even lift?

Assassins get auto crit Shocks all the time, and more often than Smash ever could. Shocking for 4000 then 2000 (for 6k) total, isn't uncommon at all, and with the reset on Shock being such a low cooldown, you get far more Auto Crit Shocks than any Smash player could ever get.

MisterMuse
12.04.2012 , 02:56 AM | #34
Lawl, calling the sage easier to play dps than Guaridan means you don't face stable good opponents. Keeping yourself up while dealing continues damage against good teams with decent single target players is an art considering how easily we die.

On to serious though, the big difference here really comes down to when skilled players begin to play the so called "overpowered classes". The Smash spec allows for a significant gear difference between two skilled players where the Smash will come out on top generally with lesser gear due to the simplicity and high damage of the spec. Anyone who says that, dealing 5-6K damage in Aoe while still being able to out dps many classes single target as well, is not an unbalanced deal just haven't done the math. The other classes are restricted to dealing one or the other depending on spec. Referencing up to my first paragraph, with pretty nice damage resistance due to medium/heavy armor and cooldown the class is pretty much a candy shop open for free.

There is a reason why most dps records are done by Knight/Warrior classes at the moment in PvP, they are much easier to get higher damage than other classes if played correctly.
Raysho - Hybrid Sage
Fahér - Combat Sentinel
Jahír - Vigilance Guardian
Sahír - Assault Vanguard

Metukka
12.04.2012 , 03:05 AM | #35
so much butthurts trying to prove their class is the hardest to play, who the **** cares

Evolixe
12.04.2012 , 03:20 AM | #36
If you honestly think the amount of keybinds that are needed directly translate to the difficulty of the class then i don't have much hope for you.

Lintman
12.04.2012 , 03:35 AM | #37
-note I'll switch intermittenly between guardian and jugg terminology because I don't always remember the names of the moves on both sides.

I've played all guardian/jugg trees extensively, Focus is by far the easiest. You start off every fight hit the move that gives you focus boom 4 stacks and a boat load of focus, leap then smash, then force exhaustion then master strike because of the exhaustion they won't make it out of master strike, they are most likely dead or close so dispatch or force scream and dispatch will most likely kill them, then you use obliterate over to your next target smash, then force choke, then hit him a bunch to bring down the cooldown on your smash. Also you'll be using sundering strikes in there.

Basically there is no downside to playing focus you always have lots of rage to power your attacks due to the increase in your automatic generation move and you are bursty and can bring down the cool down on your best moves just by fighting normally.

Playing a Vengeance spec is much more challenging with alot less power. You start off with saber throw then leap then sundering strike to get armour reduction debuffs on your enemy, then you use ravage, then you use either one of your two attacks that you pic up from your tree then force scream, then you basically rotate around your moves making sure you always have your buff gotten from using either one of your two new slashes before you use either one of force scream or dispatch for the extra critical chance (note not garunteed crit) you also need to make sure master strikes is on cool down at all possible times due to the fact that your other two moves can reset, you also have to throw in freezing force if you ever want to finish off a master strike or be able to keep up with your enemies in order to hit them. In short less damage, more to be aware of, less ability to lock down opponents to get off your master strike and also you have to manage your rage because your moves cost more then the focus tree.

Playing a defence guardian isn't really comparable because totally different role but hell I'll type it out anyways. (note a play a hybrid 23/16/2 tank so unlike the other two I don't go to the top of the tree when playing this stance primarly so things may be a bit different then playing fully into the tree but who'd really do that?)

First off your rotation isn't really set, I spec into the middle tree to get free force sweeps and 4 rage from being thrown/stunned/mezzed to get rid of lack of rage problems and to get unremitting for the awesome buff. when it comes to actually fighting you throw of force sweep at all possible times to get armor debuffs on anybody around you, in a match that isn't hutt ball you'll want to use force leap as much as possible to get your buff. You'll also use sundering strike as much as possible for the rage. But this spec isn't about doing damage it's about finding a healer and keeping them alive (or if you are praticularly ambition find whoever is being focused and keep them alive but it is usually the healer.) So your main combat comes down to use leap into large group of enemies aoe taunt, run back to protection range for your healer or guardian leap if they are being hit, throw single target taunt on the enemies best dps (usually a focus spec person, fancy that) use your two stuns to stun people on your healer, use force push to knock people away from your healer then leap to them to root them then run back to your healer. Be aware of your healers health and how badly they are getting focused so when they are in trouble throw out your mez and don't hit anything after that to give them a breather to heal up. Also hit the people that are attacking your healer and in general be a nuisance to them throwing out freezing force to slow them as they chase your healer. And these are just general guidelines and your playstyle has to change a whole heck of a lot if you are on hutt ball. Basically this spec requires you to be aware of everything that is happening and use your knowledge of the situation to know when to throw out certain moves or pop a defensive cooldown. By far the hardest spec to play because of this.

Basically focus is incredibly easy compared to almost every other spec in the game because it requires no awareness just firing off the same simple combo over and over again for massive rewards.

/endrant

Belly
12.04.2012 , 03:42 AM | #38
I just can't see myself on my Guardian and not having unremitting. I just can't do it.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

thamightyboro
12.04.2012 , 03:50 AM | #39
OP misses the whole point of why it's an issue.

The simple fact of the matter is any retard with a keyboard can play any smasher to an ability well beyond their own ability due to it being overpowered.

I have zero issue with a well played mara/jugg hell I welcome them and the good fights they give. What pisses most off is the number of bad players being made to look good by lolsmash and its insane numbers it puts out and the fact its an AOE and nearly all warzones require a degree of grouping that contrary to the lolsmashers trying to defend their class you can't simply "spread out"

Every class is easy to play once you know your rotations (this is one of the reasons I never understood the whine about quickbars theres not a single class needs more than 3 IMO)
"If someone had came up to me in the 80s and said we will
be playing games with 1000s of people at the same time.
My response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

gresiac
12.04.2012 , 03:55 AM | #40
let them smack all they want by the time they get to my smuggler their fried by me