Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To clueless QQ'ers calling smash/focus spec an easy/boring spec...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To clueless QQ'ers calling smash/focus spec an easy/boring spec...

Smashbrother
12.03.2012 , 09:07 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Invictusthetaru View Post
Including smash.

If you including kiting / anti kiting abilities sorcs need to use: knockback, force slow, force stun, force lift, force sprint, cleanse, self heals....lol.

I have 5 50's and I gotta say jugg smash is not hard AT ALL. So many specs need to be that much better of a player to but up those numbers.
Pretty much this.

JohnAnconia
12.03.2012 , 09:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Invictusthetaru View Post
Including smash.

If you including kiting / anti kiting abilities sorcs need to use: knockback, force slow, force stun, force lift, force sprint, cleanse, self heals....lol.

I have 5 50's and I gotta say jugg smash is not hard AT ALL. So many specs need to be that much better of a player to but up those numbers.
Since most people on this forum are assuming that pvp'ers will always stay close to each other to eat smashes, I don't see why it is fair to require sages to kite the same group of clueless people all the time. (At least such kiting doesn't require a very high skill level..)

abhaxus
12.03.2012 , 09:16 PM | #13
Not sure if troll or just dumb.

MidichIorian
12.03.2012 , 09:19 PM | #14
I'm using all available abilties on sorc/sage. Not saying that it's harder to play but if you're sticking to only 6 abilties you're not doing it right. To make it easier for msyelf on sage heal hybrid I'm toggling between quickbars, just got to keep track of what key each position is bound to when cycling.

AllanGand
12.03.2012 , 09:26 PM | #15
Rage focus is actually extremely easy to play. This comes from someone with both a jug and a sentinel having played the spec before.

Yes it's true, that you need a high skill level to be extremely effective on your jugg/guard (stance dancing when needed, taunts, intercede and so on). But hell on a dps sage, you need that amount of skill to stay alive long enough to do the damage a rage jugg can do within a few cds.

vimm
12.03.2012 , 09:29 PM | #16
It is easy and boring...
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

DarthSabreth
12.03.2012 , 09:29 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnAnconia View Post
Please stop. You either are a troll and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, or your skill is terrible and you need to L2P.

Here's my perspective. My guardian is my third level 50 alt (I have a level 50 sage and a level 50 sniper). I can confidently say that smash spec requires higher skill level compared to dps sages/snipers. And I've played sage balance, sage hybrid, sniper mm, and sniper lethality. The MINIMUM set of attack abilities that any competent jugg/guardian focus/rage dps need to have are: force leap, zealous leap, guardian leap, combat focus, force crush, force stasis, force push, force sweep, saber throw, blade storm, and dispatch (so a total of 11 abilities not counting defensive CDs and awe/taunt/aoe taunt - any competent jugg/guardians should be using these even if they are dps).

In comparison, my sage only needs 6 attack abilities(mind crush, force in balance, sever force, telekinetic throw, weaken mind, and project). My leth sniper only needs 9 abilities (corrosive dart, corrosive grenade, weakening blast, cull, series of shots, ambush, takedown, orbital strike, and frag grenade). Both of those specs require fewer attack abilities compared to a rage jugg/focus guardian and are much easier to play. The only way someone can end up using just four buttons on a jugg/guardian DPS and still winning WZs is when you end up playing clueless undergeared pugs.

And by the way, I'm just a casual pvp'er, but all three of my alts have a mix of BM/WH gear (just 2-4 pieces of BM mostly). I routinely hit 300K+ damage on any of my three alts and win 60-70% of the matches that I participated as a pug'er and receive on average at least 1 mvp vote per match. The only spec that I've found boring to play so far .. is pt/assault vanguard.
ROFLMBO @ takes skill to play, sorry but you will get no sympathy for that argument from the community.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Zunayson
12.03.2012 , 09:30 PM | #18
A sniper not utilizing leg shot, cover pulse, entrench is lulzy, that's what

I don't play a sage (past lv 20 that is), but I'm pretty sure Wave is helpful.
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao
Next time you hear about someone getting raped ask them if it was like PvP in an MMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Azrienov
12.03.2012 , 09:32 PM | #19
I'd also point out that as a rage jugg, I stack nothing but power.

becaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause smash auto crits. I have a guildmate with his smash jugg... he has 1200 bonus damage... takes the hard work out of min/maxing. No other class has that.

cashogy
12.03.2012 , 09:37 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
It is easy and boring...
nuff said