Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should I not buy Battlemaster gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Should I not buy Battlemaster gear?

GARhenus
12.03.2012 , 08:29 PM | #11
BM for the looks

coz them WH gear = ugly

JohnAnconia
12.03.2012 , 09:41 PM | #12
weapons > implants > relics imo.

The stats of EWH implants are so close to the WH implants that it's not worth upgrading at all. The EWH relics are marginally better than WH ones though. Depends on whether you want to be EWH geared (eventually) or not...

Sleprock
12.03.2012 , 11:50 PM | #13
not all bm gear is useless. there are certain pieces depending on class and build that are better suited for you than the war hero piece.

tatatan
12.04.2012 , 01:30 AM | #14
BM armor is a *MUST* buy.
Why?
Because the BM armor has bonuses tied to *shell* while WH armor has bonuses tied to *armoring pieces*.
If you stuff BM armor with WH pieces, you can combine the options of two PvP sets at one time.
So e.g. on my Juggernaut i combine bonuses of 2 sets at one time: damaging and tanking set + i have good looks off the BM armor (filled with WH pieces).

Evolixe
12.04.2012 , 01:57 AM | #15
1.6 is not yet. And capping you comms doesn't take much more than 4-5 hours to do. You should be buying gear unless you are too lazy to farm and rather wait a not recalled amount of weeks.

Evolixe
12.04.2012 , 01:59 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by tatatan View Post
BM armor is a *MUST* buy.
Why?
Because the BM armor has bonuses tied to *shell* while WH armor has bonuses tied to *armoring pieces*.
If you stuff BM armor with WH pieces, you can combine the options of two PvP sets at one time.
So e.g. on my Juggernaut i combine bonuses of 2 sets at one time: damaging and tanking set + i have good looks off the BM armor (filled with WH pieces).
Wait what, you can't be serious.

You are saying that if i stuff WH stalkers armor in BM Mystics i actually get both set bonusses?

And BW is okay with that?

DroidDreamer
12.04.2012 , 02:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Wait what, you can't be serious.

You are saying that if i stuff WH stalkers armor in BM Mystics i actually get both set bonusses?

And BW is okay with that?
The armoring mod overrides the shell bonus, I believe. You don't get both.

Plus, you'd be stuck with the BM look.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

Hambunctious
12.04.2012 , 02:19 AM | #18
Buy the parts that have a look you like. I like the SW BM helmets, and there's a few other pieces I like that I bought/buying. I would also buy weapons for the red/black power crystal, if you want that crystal.

Evolixe
12.04.2012 , 02:46 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DroidDreamer View Post
The armoring mod overrides the shell bonus, I believe. You don't get both.

Plus, you'd be stuck with the BM look.
And Consular BM is horrible ><

DarthSabreth
12.04.2012 , 02:48 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by KristoferK View Post
Just hit 50, got 2750 comms and was wondering what to spend them on. I've heard BM will get obsolete in the next update so should I hold on to my commendations and wait?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Buy the WH weapons / off hand, then bank the rest you get untill 1.6 drops. if you get too many before it drops then buy two wh off hands and buy a orange belt and wrists and put the mods in them to cut to the chase.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .