Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should I not buy Battlemaster gear?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Should I not buy Battlemaster gear?

KristoferK
12.03.2012 , 05:58 PM | #1
Just hit 50, got 2750 comms and was wondering what to spend them on. I've heard BM will get obsolete in the next update so should I hold on to my commendations and wait?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

UGLYMRJ
12.03.2012 , 06:05 PM | #2
War Hero gear will be the equivalent cost of what BM is now. Buy the pieces that you DO NOT have to trade in on so you can stack more. Implants, relics, main hand, off hand, etc. Main hand and off hand first since their prices have already been reduced.

Do not buy BM anything. It's a waste.

DrewFromPhilly
12.03.2012 , 06:20 PM | #3
Eh, I bought some battlemaster stuff for my fresh 50 commando healer but only because I like the way it looks compared to the war hero stuff and I'd probably regret it if I didn't get it while I can.

Actually, besides the gear specs being brought closer together I like that this will also allow ppl to be more fashionable in PVP, with WH set bonues not being tied to the shells.

Henu
12.03.2012 , 06:26 PM | #4
if you want you can go the weapons MH/OH. even then you still will be loosing out on comms tho.
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

MiaRB
12.03.2012 , 06:33 PM | #5
if you pvp alot, or want to pvp alot, then it could be worth still getting BM gear. not going to have much fun in recruit gear. and onces 1.6 gets here, you just give your BM gear to one of your companions so its not really a waste.
can't wait for this game to come out!

UGLYMRJ
12.03.2012 , 06:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
if you want you can go the weapons MH/OH. even then you still will be loosing out on comms tho.
Pretty sure that WH main and off hands will remain the same price since they are currently the same price as the BM main and off hands once were.

Those are not going to get any cheaper.

Piam
12.03.2012 , 07:07 PM | #7
Depends on how much you are planning to play in the next couple weeks. It's very possible that the patch will be out before Christmas, which mean in < 3 weeks.

Some of the BM gear will be collectable, if you are into that sort of thing. The BM shells also hold the set bonuses (and not the armorings), and some of the set bonuses may be BiS for PvE.

Technohic
12.03.2012 , 07:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Pretty sure that WH main and off hands will remain the same price since they are currently the same price as the BM main and off hands once were.

Those are not going to get any cheaper.
Dont they cost RWZ comms still? Where the new prices will be regular?

KristoferK
12.03.2012 , 07:58 PM | #9
Thanks for the comments fellas!

Might as well buy something, I intend to PvP quite a bit and I don't see a point in not earning any commendations from between now and until the patch, especially since we don't know exactly when that will be.

GhostHei
12.03.2012 , 08:18 PM | #10
Another thing to consider is the optimal stat. Some bm pieces have mods or enhancements with desirable stats such as power whereas the war hero upgrade might give you a tiny bit more main stat and endurance with no power and some stat you don't need to stack. Of course you can do min max in the end but I find it quite helpful to be able to cherry pick certain mods and enhancements while still in the process of grinding full war hero