Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

MVP choices


TrumpetNut's Avatar


TrumpetNut
12.03.2012 , 04:36 PM | #1
Why do people always vote for the person at the top? I vote for ppl that, Instead of going for that extra medal they go out of they're way to help a teamate that is in trouble( as long as they aren't running at mid alone against 8 guys the whole round XD) Or doing objectives. I found a sorc that would pull me every time I solod a node he would walk in im almost done with the cap and he wll pull me off and hes top score he gets like 6+ votes.... I vote ppl who play well try to contribute to teamwork and aren't idiot trolls.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
12.03.2012 , 04:38 PM | #2
I normally vote for the "exit warzone" tab.... because MVP votes are worthless.

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
12.03.2012 , 04:39 PM | #3
The one with the most medals generally is an overall well rounded player who contributed in multiple ways.

But mostly they don't think about it nor do they care.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Belly's Avatar


Belly
12.03.2012 , 04:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TrumpetNut View Post
Why do people always vote for the person at the top? I vote for ppl that, Instead of going for that extra medal they go out of they're way to help a teamate that is in trouble( as long as they aren't running at mid alone against 8 guys the whole round XD) Or doing objectives. I found a sorc that would pull me every time I solod a node he would walk in im almost done with the cap and he wll pull me off and hes top score he gets like 6+ votes.... I vote ppl who play well try to contribute to teamwork and aren't idiot trolls.
Sometimes people leave before I can pick my vote lol. normally I go top objectives or top protection (like to show my tanks some love) But sometimes there is that clutch play that saves the game. Defusing a bomb in VS can be one of those game changers. Once I had the ball in a tie game. I had already used all my cds and got pushed into the fire. A sorc pulls me out and I scored with like 80 hp left, we wen't on to win. He got my vote!
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Piam's Avatar


Piam
12.03.2012 , 07:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
The one with the most medals generally is an overall well rounded player who contributed in multiple ways.

But mostly they don't think about it nor do they care.
Classes that taunt can get medals more easily.

I usually just vote for my friends or who I think did well that game.

MVP can be lame at times (popularity contest), but I think it has more positives than negatives.

Invictusthetaru's Avatar


Invictusthetaru
12.03.2012 , 07:02 PM | #6
MVP gives serious rewards and we should all think a little harder about who we vote for.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

rob_y's Avatar


rob_y
12.03.2012 , 07:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Invictusthetaru View Post
MVP gives serious rewards and we should all think a little harder about who we vote for.
We have different definitions of "serious".
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Invictusthetaru's Avatar


Invictusthetaru
12.03.2012 , 07:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
We have different definitions of "serious".
Gotcha
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

DarthBloodloss's Avatar


DarthBloodloss
12.03.2012 , 07:15 PM | #9
Huttball has the worst scoreboard. It shows most irrelevant stats. Funny thing in huttball, lot of times it turns out that the team with the most damage actually loses.

Huttball MPV should go to the person with the most attacker points IMO. This requires other players to know this even exists....you have to mouse-hover over the objective score to see it.

I frequently score 1 or 2 goals, and we win 1-0 or 2-0 and I get 0 MVP votes a large majority of the time. They are like "Wow that assassin tank only put out 40k damage...what was he doing all game?"
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Lejune's Avatar


Lejune
12.03.2012 , 07:24 PM | #10
I hate the entire medal system anyways. Figure out a new system. A healer bust AZZ getting from one point to another saving caps and healing up the group and come out with maybe 5 medals when the others have 10+ .....Terrible, but whatever. I don't know how much more I can take. Just sticking around for the name star wars, I out lasted every single one of my friends, but reality is kicking in fast with every new day of PVP