Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taung as a future Cartel Species!

Gratulor
12.03.2012 , 08:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Terin View Post
As for Mandalorians as a Class... probably far-fetched, but I'd be more surprised to see more AC's. The main reason is simple; I think a lot of Bounty Hunters would be upset if they had to trudge through the same story again, just to get the Mandalorian that they really wanted in the first place. It would be expensive to make an all-new campaign, but I think the pay-off, both for players and for the dev profits, would make the investment more worthwhile, whereas by adding new AC's, you run the risk of alienating existing players.
Or offer an AC respec if added. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a Mandalorian class complete with a storyline. Maybe even a class available for both factions; we know there are Mandalorians who oppose Mandalore, after all.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."

Thargrim
12.03.2012 , 09:08 PM | #12
I would imagine they are in a slightly more dire situation than the Sith Purebloods, but the Galaxy is a big place and there are bound to be some left. However if they are implemented they need to actually look like this:

http://http://images-mediawiki-sites...2332836384.jpg

All they would need is basically a new head model, and new hands...other than that they are human like. the heads are basically just clawed human hands so...thats easy.

Altyrell
12.03.2012 , 09:14 PM | #13
Considering the Mandalorian Wars, which dealt a major blow to the number of Taung alive, was ~300 years before this game begun. It is safe to say that the Taung are either all extinct or have mixed species to the point that there aren't any natural Taung still living.

althene
12.03.2012 , 10:12 PM | #14
I think, more than likely, all base classes are going to get a new AC since EAWare doesn't need to spend long hours coming up with new cutscenes and paying voice actors. The trees are easily retrofit as are potential abilities. To this end, I think Mandalorian would be a wonderful AC for the bounty hunter, but as a species choice, it's highly unlikely. Especially if it would allow the use of blaster rifles like everyone has been petitioning for. Sorry, but i'm not sold in the idea of bounty hunters using specifically melee weapons or assault cannons. They just aren't weapons of utility as I would expect a proper bounty hunter to lean towards.

Altyrell
12.03.2012 , 10:58 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by althene View Post
I think, more than likely, all base classes are going to get a new AC since EAWare doesn't need to spend long hours coming up with new cutscenes and paying voice actors. The trees are easily retrofit as are potential abilities. To this end, I think Mandalorian would be a wonderful AC for the bounty hunter, but as a species choice, it's highly unlikely. Especially if it would allow the use of blaster rifles like everyone has been petitioning for. Sorry, but i'm not sold in the idea of bounty hunters using specifically melee weapons or assault cannons. They just aren't weapons of utility as I would expect a proper bounty hunter to lean towards.
I kind of wouldn't like for Mandalorian to be an AC of the Bounty Hunter because
Spoiler

If anything, I'd much rather Mandalorian became its own Class, with its own Storyline and its own set of Companions.

Vitas
12.03.2012 , 11:54 PM | #16
I'd love to see more playable species like the Taung available in the game. There's already a thread up where you can discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see playable:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=231833

As for the Taung, like the Sith Purebloods we can assume there aren't that many left. We would've said the Sith Purebloods would be impossible to make available back during early stages of SWTOR's development but here we see them as playable. We know at least a few Taung have survived but no specific amount. SWTOR can be their chance of survival before being completely extinct.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Terin
12.04.2012 , 02:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Gratulor View Post
Or offer an AC respec if added. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a Mandalorian class complete with a storyline. Maybe even a class available for both factions; we know there are Mandalorians who oppose Mandalore, after all.
I actually had done a big, long, massive post a while back on that very idea. Long story short, I could totally see a Clan Ordo breaking away and opposing the current Mandalore, challenging his claim, and aligning themselves with the Republic. The Republic, in turn, would pretty much have to let them join, as Canderous Ordo obviously had strong ties to Revan.

But obviously, that's something that could be a very long ways off. Even beyond creative the Class itself, with whatever mechanics it might use, there's all of that Voice-Acting, and the bar for that has been set pretty high. For the immediate future, I think introducing the Taung as a playable species would be a sizable task, but it would definitely be awesome. Plus, it would mark the introduction of a *truly* alien species, even if the body itself remains fairly humanoid.

LingormR
12.04.2012 , 04:01 PM | #18
Just by the title of this thread, bump!
His guns do all the talking, his target talks back in death.
"He aims for the money, his gun does the rest." -The Mercenary
"He doesn't use, 'The Force.' He uses, force. He is the Most Interesting Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy." -Robot Chicken

althene
12.04.2012 , 05:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
I kind of wouldn't like for Mandalorian to be an AC of the Bounty Hunter because
Spoiler

If anything, I'd much rather Mandalorian became its own Class, with its own Storyline and its own set of Companions.
I don't disagree with you at all since I've played through the BH storyline twice now (and at least one more is on the horizon since I started over on PvE servers). But seeing anything at all is more likely the less work there is in making it happen. And by work, I actually mean "money thrown at it". To do a completely new story, with all the voice acting and cutscenes would be a monumental task for the new EAWare. They just downsized and are looking at ways to prop up a title that has a ton of potential, but currently lies floundering. Throwing that much money at the game at this stage would be a bad idea from every angle.

Now, this leaves the arguement of "I'd rather see it done right that see a halfassed attempt at hooking people", but let's face it, without many people are replaying the same AC for the story. They've already seen it. They just want to do things differently while retaining their comfort level with the class.

As a whole, I'd love nothing more than to see them crack open the coffers and go broke feeding us story arc after story arc. But realistically, I want to see more options. 8 stories with 16 classes seems like a lot, but when you boil it down, its really only 8 stories with 8 classes, since they mirror each other in all but name and possible weapon choice. Add in an additional AC for each class that ISN'T mirrored, and I think things could get very interesting. It might be more of a headache on the ballance side of things, but stirring things up might just be what the game needs right now.

Flintfire
12.04.2012 , 06:05 PM | #20
Oh, ok, I see.
Infyrno/Infyrnex Infyrnus/Infyrnal
Leiptr Venaticus
Slaughtor Evisceran/Karrnivore
Sleipe/Medyc Desolus/Tyrantix

GM of Oblivion