Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

will CE ever get exclusive things .?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
will CE ever get exclusive things .?

RobbyBlazeheart
12.03.2012 , 05:22 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
I completely agree to an extent, and I point out your last line. The OP doesn't understand he already has exclusive items. That's what I take issue with.
Yeah and if he misworded what he was trying to say that is alright. My personal thing is we as CE owners should get updated vendors I don't know what we should get that is for Bioware to determine not me. I don't agree with people who think we should be getting a mega truck load of stuff every patch that is greedy.

I am glad we agreed on something though finding common ground is a step in solving problems
Eh it's a sig

Jimsam
12.03.2012 , 05:22 PM | #42
Really? Really? Don't you already have the Vendor, VIP Club, physical items that came with the box, and your new F2P items? Quit being greedy. You bought the game, and you got what you paid for. Just because you have a gold key in your signature and have CE doesn't mean they have to continually reward you for a purchase that happened over a year ago. It's like buying a special edition or collectors edition movie from a famous director, and assuming that because you bought the CE, you get all his future movies free of charge. That's the stupidest and most selfish sense of greed and entitlement I've seen in a community. STO lifers are happy with what they get and they paid double what you did.
It's not greed at all. It is asking for what we were promised. We bought the CE for 3 things. 1 - The game, 2 - The Real Life Items, 3 - The CE store that we were told would have consistent additions that were unique to us. They don't HAVE to continually reward us, but if they don't add new and unique items to the store they will be going back on their word and making a lot of people unhappy with another broken promise.

When we get what we were told we were going to get, we will stop asking for more
Spoiler

Alec_Fortescue
12.03.2012 , 05:22 PM | #43
I completely agree to an extent, and I point out your last line. The OP doesn't understand he already has exclusive items. That's what I take issue with.
He was still told that he will get more exclusive items when he was agreeing to buy the game.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg http://imgur.com/7nHRBnW http://i.imgur.com/5J9oXnP.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ek3XDEc.jpg

I would love KotOR 1 Jedi robes, too!

Vandicus
12.03.2012 , 05:25 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimsam View Post
It's not greed at all. It is asking for what we were promised. We bought the CE for 3 things. 1 - The game, 2 - The Real Life Items, 3 - The CE store that we were told would have consistent additions that were unique to us. They don't HAVE to continually reward us, but if they don't add new and unique items to the store they will be going back on their word and making a lot of people unhappy with another broken promise.

When we get what we were told we were going to get, we will stop asking for more
We did get the Taunta. We are essentially saying right now that the updates are too slow/insufficient in scope(which they are) based on our personal impression of what we were told.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Andryah
12.03.2012 , 05:27 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
He was still told that he will get more exclusive items when he was agreeing to buy the game.
And... we did get exclusive items.

The real stump being watered here is people want more.... and more... and more.

Personally, As a CE owner... I don't care. If we get more perks on the vendor fine. If not, fine.. I did not buy the CE for a digital vendor with "content to be named later". I bought it for the real contents inside the box.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

RobbyBlazeheart
12.03.2012 , 05:29 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
We did get the Taunta. We are essentially saying right now that the updates are too slow/insufficient in scope(which they are) based on our personal impression of what we were told.
Ah but that is based on what we feel and it seems Bioware has stated I think it was in the livestream or something that they will be working on it. While it's nice to have the stuff updated this game has changed quite a bit from last year the CE store just might have fallen through the cracks.
Eh it's a sig

MasterCefalu
12.03.2012 , 06:41 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
And... we did get exclusive items.

The real stump being watered here is people want more.... and more... and more.

Personally, As a CE owner... I don't care. If we get more perks on the vendor fine. If not, fine.. I did not buy the CE for a digital vendor with "content to be named later". I bought it for the real contents inside the box.
I get what you're saying, but other people DID buy the CE for "content to be named later," and BW specifically stated they would continue to update the CE vendor. If BW never made that claim, then I would agree people have no issue. It was a false promise that they'd get something more, and they never did. I don't care about the gnost-durast journal or the Malgus statue. I actually wanted the in-game items that would continually be updated, even if it were mainly for convenience and looks rather than pay to win type items. We aren't asking for more stuff to be mailed to us because the initial contents weren't enough; we want the digital items we were told we'd would get. Heck, just give us some new orange gear or some color crystals that are cheaper in credits than what's available on the cartel market; that way, you get a perk, but it's not a gamebreaker, and it would mean BW lived up to their word. We're just asking to get what we were promised in the first place.

veyl
12.03.2012 , 07:08 PM | #48
The last exclusive thing we had added was a Taunta pet. (1.2 I think) I haven't held my breath for them to add new content to it and won't be when January comes.

They already have our money, why bother showing any appreciation for it? It blows that they lied about the Vendor... but they broke a hell of a lot of other promises right along side of it.

Andryah
12.03.2012 , 07:26 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
It blows that they lied about the Vendor... but they broke a hell of a lot of other promises right along side of it.
It would be more accurate to say it blows that they don't update the CE vendor as often as some CE owners desire.

Until the game closes some years down the road and there were never any updates to the vendor, your statement is premature (as presented).
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Urael
12.03.2012 , 07:28 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
It would be more accurate to say it blows that they don't update the CE vendor as often as some CE owners desire.

Until the game closes some years down the road and there were never any updates to the vendor, your statement is premature (as presented).
Please enlighten me and tell me when they EVER updated the vendor?

Never seems to be outside the parameters of a "realistic desire" on the part of CE owners.