Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

will CE ever get exclusive things .?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
will CE ever get exclusive things .?

Stradlin
12.03.2012 , 03:21 PM | #31
So glad I just picked CE for 60 Euro I recall thinking the launch price of it as utterly ridiculous. Very good value for 60E though. The swag within has such high production values..love to geek it up with my Malgus Statue and Coruscant Peace Treaty Replica:3

Urael
12.03.2012 , 03:27 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterCefalu View Post
Actually, it's not an assumption. It's not that we expect something more than what they promised us. It was stated multiple times that they had plans to continue adding additional items to the CE vendor. It wasn't supposed to be a one-time deal with a few items at launch.

See here, a direct article by Bioware:
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021
"Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back."

Almost one full year later, and not a single update to the CE vendor. I don't think this qualifies as "regular updates."

Even this fairly recent interview shows they do still have plans to update the vendor; it's just on the back burner.
http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/swtor-f2...mion-schubert/
"8. For those who have access to the VIP/Collectors Edition vendors, will we see any new items added to them in the future or is the focus primarily in the cartel market?

Most of our development effort will focus on keeping the cartel market fresh and full of awesome stuff to purchase. That being said, I definitely have it on my to-do list to revisit these secondary vendors in the future."

So, rather than getting upset with the OP, realize that CE buyers were told one thing, and then BioWare delivered another (as in, nothing for updates to CE vendor).

I think it's a rather legit concern that someone payed a premium in real dollars to get something that was listed multiple times only to get nothing in that area. Maybe one user bought the CE for the statue, and another for the music CD, or the physical journal of Jedi Gnost-Dural, etc. Maybe the OP's primary reasoning behind the purchase of his CE was for the in-game items he was expecting from the CE vendor. I know that was my primary motivation, so I am also a little disappointed that we haven't received any CE vendor updates.
Nothing like using your oponents own words against them. Well played sir!

lazze
12.03.2012 , 03:57 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Like I always kept saying this. Gee...
yeah you did nice one aswell just have to hold out to jan now an see what the word is but not looking forward to it at all ...

Valethar
12.03.2012 , 04:20 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post

Besides, If they said yes right now today.... you'd still be all worked up about it because promises mean nothing to BioWare
Clarified that one, just on general principle.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Valethar
12.03.2012 , 04:24 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Really? Really? Don't you already have the Vendor, VIP Club, physical items that came with the box, and your new F2P items?
Vendor was promised to be continuously updated. It never was. The VIP club ended up being a non-exclusinve, because anyone can buy access for in-game credits. The in-game items that came as a part of the CE (Mount, droid pet, flare gun, etc..) were whored out for cash as an 'upgrade' instead of being the exclusives they were promised to be.

I can see how the CE owners might feel like they were bent over and ridden like stolen bikes.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

Valethar
12.03.2012 , 04:27 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
The CE really isnt that exclusive.

Anyone who pays for a VIP band can get the same vendor content. The only exclusive thing the CE people really got were the toys (pet, speeder, holodancer, flare gun and camera).
Nope. BioWare whored those out too. They're available as a cash upgrade on the subscription page.

TaylaEwa
12.03.2012 , 04:33 PM | #37
Why would they put things on that vendor for free when they can stick them in the cartel market and charge you even more money for it?

Glad I refused to pay for the Collector's Edition.. I just paid for the Delux.
"Think, then act. Don't act, then think."

<<Order 65 on Harbinger>>

RazielHex
12.03.2012 , 04:51 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by lazze View Post
will CE ever get exclusive things i paid 130pound for my game love the figure and everything that comes with it but its like bioware dont care about giving people who got the CE anything,

is there going to be stuff coming for CE owners ?....
everything in the CE vendor is exclusive?

RazielHex
12.03.2012 , 04:52 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
Nope. BioWare whored those out too. They're available as a cash upgrade on the subscription page.
Uhh.. the CE Vendor != the VIP Vendor.

And those items were always DDE/CE available.

Sindorin
12.03.2012 , 05:10 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by RobbyBlazeheart View Post
Well it isn't exactly greed in that they did promise and tell us our CE vendor would be updated with items. I have said it and will say it again people love tossing around entitlement. some people bought the CE for the box stuff while others for the in game things. i would ask you where is the entitlement for something was promised to all CE owners?

To the STO lifers I am afraid to tell you they are not considering what Perfect World did by selling pretty much everything lifers get for half the cost.

To the OP we already have items only for us I think you mean to say when will they add more
I completely agree to an extent, and I point out your last line. The OP doesn't understand he already has exclusive items. That's what I take issue with.
For The Empire!

Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!