Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Valethar
12.03.2012 , 04:17 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by RixoFutu View Post
Fireworks? Really? First Party Jawa, now fireworks. Are we 10 years old kids or what?
To be fair, the fans were given a choice of three things, and the party jawa had the most votes by far. At least one of the others ended up as a C-Market item (the Rancor holo), but I can't recall right off what the third was.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

skiibyrd
12.03.2012 , 04:21 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Grafon View Post
Okay, I'm not one to complain. I love this game, have played it since launch, and will continue to play it. The ganfarri was alright, the party jawa was pretty cool, even though I pvp I appreciated the 25 black hole comms. But for the 1 year anniversary you're giving us 25 fireworks? Thats gonna last the majority of players maybe 5 minutes. Would it be that hard to just give us a device that can launch them off every minute or so? Fireworks are great, but it just seems like bioware picked up this idea for SWTOR's birthday at walgreens on the way to the party.
Repost

Cial
12.03.2012 , 04:22 PM | #73
meh.

What about a Double Xp week? Or a special pet, title or cosmetic item for being subbed for a year. Or even discounted subscription packages for a limited time. Just fireworks is pretty lame.

BW: The 1 year anniversary is a time to get people excited about the game, and brag about what you have accomplished over the last year. Send out a press release to the gaming media and get people to take notice; get players to subscribe by offering something I listed above.
Cialy - Mara
Cial - Sorc
The Bastion

Mannam
12.03.2012 , 04:25 PM | #74
Now if only they could do a Return of the Jedi style celebration on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. Fighters doing flybys overhead while fireworks go off. Fireworks are nice, but what about an anniversary hologram and title as well.

If you want more sparklies, hunt down some Twilight vampires and fire them up into the sky.
Captain Bipto: What's the problem? Just vaporise, everyone, everything, boof, mission accomplished, medals, awards, a parade, next!
STAR WARS ARMADA

Toccneppil
12.03.2012 , 04:33 PM | #75
Not bad as a free gift I suppose - depends how pretty they actually look when fired.

At least it's not another worthless pet or lame party jawa

Morgalica
12.03.2012 , 04:34 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by psirebral View Post
it's a shame it made it this far. Maybe you could fix the game? That'd be a pretty cool anniversary gift.
q.f.t.
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan
Peace is merely a farce put forth by those too weak to fight.

Urael
12.03.2012 , 04:36 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Toccneppil View Post
Not bad as a free gift I suppose - depends how pretty they actually look when fired.

At least it's not another worthless pet or lame party jawa
No just something consumable and entirely forgetable. *two thumbs up with a wink* /sarc

Zakjen
12.03.2012 , 04:40 PM | #78
Neato. Much better than the WoW gift. All we got was last years anniversary letter, and a tabard that goes away after the anniversary. Thanks!
Not many people can take the tale of Patrick Braden, aka St. Kitten, who strutted the catwalks, face lit by a halo of flashbulbs as "oh!" she shrieks, "I told you, from my best side darlings."

SentinelDranoel
12.03.2012 , 04:58 PM | #79
Rather get black hole comms but ok i guess.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

Blue_Leader
12.03.2012 , 04:59 PM | #80
Kind of neat, though would it be possible to just make these a permanent item with a timer rather than a stack of items, so they last forever? It doesn't seem like that "special" of a gift when we can run out of them.
Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it's something that caught my attention...

Though I must admit that this gift seems a little underwhelming for an anniversary...
--Smuggler at heart, scoundrel by nature--

-Dejulues Tze'Midak (Begeren Colony)
-Alaki Bui'loch (Begeren Colony)