Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tom_the_Narwhal
12.03.2012 , 10:31 PM | #121
Woooo fireworks...

Meanwhile on the Oceanic servers we have 12 people on the republic fleet!

**** off Bioware. I don't give a **** about fireworks, do something for APAC players.
Tomthenarwhal
Ihaveabiggun Issues Cicolluis Tomthenarwhal
Fioria Fanta-Pants
Gm of <Legit>

MadHobbit
12.03.2012 , 10:37 PM | #122
Well,It sounds nice to have the fireworks,but a little later, due to the evens fortold by the Mayans happening on the 21st, there will be no one on the servers to use them.

JarekCyphus
12.03.2012 , 10:50 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Korusus View Post
No you're wrong. I'm still enjoying the same things about this game that I enjoyed at launch. BioWare Austin has lost 100% of its passion since the layoffs and restructuring. It shows in the quality of the marketing videos they've released, it shows in this stupid fireworks announcement, it even shows in their body language on the Q&A livestreams. The people at BioWare Austin that had passion for this game are gone, fired or fled, and what we have left are professional MMO babysitters who think typical MMO things like fireworks are "good enough".
I don't like the fireworks, either, but at least they didn't simply say "Happy anniversary!"

Still...Well said.

I took a six month hiatus from the game to try others and participate in a few betas, only to return to SWTOR recently and find most of the things I liked at launch remained intact (Warzones, Flashpoints, Operations, Story, etc.). However, a lot of that is mired by a perpetual insistence that the game's many flaws are "solid design." For a game that once mandated, but still offered a subscription service, that's just simply not true.

I'm a former SWG player who only played until the closure because I loved Jump to Lightspeed; that feature remained largely unchanged from its launch in 2004, and they added a ton of content and well-received features to it in SWG's final year. SOE was even tolerant of my cosmetic mod that enhanced the graphics and texture resolutions of the game.

My initial excitement over the confirmation by Hickman and Schubert that SWTOR's big space project was coming was quickly diminished by their lack of enthusiasm in the rest of the LiveStream, coupled by their overhyped, lackluster content releases throughout SWTOR's first year. Needless to say, it continues to be a "wait and see" for me, though I don't think SWTOR's space project will hold a candle to Chris Robert's Space Citizen in a few years. My passion for Star Wars may be in its death throes by 2014, but we'll see.
_____HAGALAZ KAHN_____________________________
MANDALORIAN COMMANDO
___________________________STAR WARS_________

Klemence
12.03.2012 , 10:52 PM | #124
Thank you for the little celebratory fireworks, SWTOR. :-D I think they'll be neat little things, although I also liked the reusable idea (BUT THAT'S BECAUSE I'M SELFISH!).

For the rest of you who are complaining, wow. You guys act like the developers had a round-table meeting, and someone decided to greenlight the Fireworks idea as the studio's holiday project. The reality is the fireworks are probably a couple-hour thing that someone made in some extra time, and they decided to give 'em to us as a cool little thing.

They're completely optional. You guys who don't want to use them don't have to. :-D

makedonche
12.04.2012 , 12:33 AM | #125
This game is alive again due to F2P.I think F2Pers should get some fireworks too or some other reward.

Urael
12.04.2012 , 12:52 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Urael, are you an idiot, or do you just play one on the internet?
Actually, I consider myself a "fool" in the classic sense. You see in the "old days" the fool was the only one that could tell the King he was messing up without fear of reprecussions.

So either title is acctually a good thing if you know the history of both titles. One being a 'virtue' the other being 'an office'.

Kingsbount
12.04.2012 , 01:10 AM | #127
Well, after all its free)))
We, russians, have proverb - ХАЛЯВА, ГОСПОДА!
Which means "freeload"
So be grateful - at least it's not CM item

Klemence
12.04.2012 , 01:52 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by makedonche View Post
This game is alive again due to F2P.I think F2Pers should get some fireworks too or some other reward.
I /think/ that F2Pers are included in the announcement. They said anyone with a valid account on that date. If it doesn't include F2Pers, I agree that it should.

monkeydud
12.04.2012 , 02:37 AM | #129
To celebrate our one year anniverasry.... oooohhhh getting excited... is it some cool Episode IV linked vanity item??? classic speeder bike..... omg have they put swoop racing tournaments into the game??? some new cool color crystal.... A new `Rhakghoul crisis` type event?? (or even done it again so the new players get to go `bang` in a messy green splat???)... blah, de blah, blah.... oh..... hangs head.... fireworks......

I need a lie down in a dark room ....
`Insert Random Old Skool Gaming Quote`

My fansite

PharaohUK
12.04.2012 , 02:39 AM | #130
im sorry to to see a lot of people who are looking forward to to their fireworks for the games 1st anniversary , me personnaly would like to see something useful to use in game as in alot of mmo's ive played when its birthday time for their games you usually get a useful item either to show off to friends or an item to use on your character, but this idea of fireworks is the lameest thing ive seen for a long time no wonder this game has gone f2p even before its 1st anniversary, i agree with some of the other posters that a random box with rares or pets or even rare crafting mats and schematics would be more useful.