Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lolsmash ?

NuSeC
12.05.2012 , 09:14 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ElanSolUgad View Post
Done some more research, I got your point, thanks, gone back to aim and power and am crafting overkill. Cheers.
Here is my problem folks.... people like this complaining about smash and dont even know thier own class or what needs to be slotted.

The smashers know what needs to be slotted ;-)

maybe that's why you fail... or one of the reasons anyways.
Kinrath Spider -> The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five
Big-Time-Elite-Warlord Doze - Sith Jugg <The Wealthy>
Phibrilation-Sorc Punch'N'Pie-PT Annoy-OP Catfu-Mara Howt-Mando Spammin'rocks-Sage QQ'On'Forums-GS

wwkingms
12.05.2012 , 09:30 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
Here is my problem folks.... people like this complaining about smash and dont even know thier own class or what needs to be slotted.

The smashers know what needs to be slotted ;-)

maybe that's why you fail... or one of the reasons anyways.
yes me reslotting things will save me from 7k smashes and 5k vicious throws..

juggs are faceroll no way around it
NIHIL

THE BASTION

JustinxDuff
12.05.2012 , 09:35 AM | #43
Quote:
mara / sent ultra easymode press one button to win.
In smash spec sure.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

NuSeC
12.05.2012 , 12:54 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
yes me reslotting things will save me from 7k smashes and 5k vicious throws..

juggs are faceroll no way around it

you didnt read any of his posts?

Commando with defense mods... maybe he would have a better chance actually using proper gear.

And no... if you are in a group or not kiting you will die. and if I let you kite me and throw dots on me at range ill die.

Kinda how the game goes.
Kinrath Spider -> The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five
Big-Time-Elite-Warlord Doze - Sith Jugg <The Wealthy>
Phibrilation-Sorc Punch'N'Pie-PT Annoy-OP Catfu-Mara Howt-Mando Spammin'rocks-Sage QQ'On'Forums-GS

DeepFreese
12.05.2012 , 03:12 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
you didnt read any of his posts?

Commando with defense mods... maybe he would have a better chance actually using proper gear.

And no... if you are in a group or not kiting you will die. and if I let you kite me and throw dots on me at range ill die.

Kinda how the game goes.
The issue isn't who will win in a one vs one. I can kite you to death and take 20 or more seconds to kill you in a one v one. I have done it to plenty melee classes. But with a healer, my dots are completely nullified, and to do any "real damage" I have to stand still and eat your smashes. Also, in a ranked game you should be focusing targets, and I should die even faster, and because of roots I wouldnt be able to kite effectively. As a sorc I know you can kill me in about 8 seconds with good crits. On top of that, your damage is so bursty that healers play less of a factor for me. Sure I can kill you and kite you to death in a one on one, but when were these important in our warzones? If you think one v ones are what make classes op or not, you're playing this game wrong.
Creus
Robbs(Sniper) Robs(Assassin) Croozz(Jugg) Harata(Guardian) Se'an(Powertech) and Se-an(Marauder)
The Squirtle Squad[The Harbinger}

criminalheretic
12.05.2012 , 03:28 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
Yeah i agree there def is a skill tree for class skill requirements in PVP, in my opinion its the following for dps Easiest to hardest.

mara / sent ultra easymode press one button to win.
PT / VG ultra easymode 2 press 2 buttons to win. I have a VG and yeah only 2 buttons to win.
OP / scoundrel little harder to play good opening burst then drops off significantly.
sorc / sage little harder to play due to being a cast dps class, needs a little more skill to pvp with.
merc / trooper hard to pvp with needs range to be succesfull, if a lol mele gets to close has escape issues if the knock back is on CD.

so if you intend to pvp you can chose the dificulty lvl you want to play with from ultra easy mara - dificult merc.
Please please please come into a WZ and try doing anything with 1 button. Or 2. Or 3 even... with any class.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

-DarK-HorsE-
12.05.2012 , 03:42 PM | #47
Is it just me? I roll an AS Vanguard In PvP. There needs to be two smashers both hitting me for me to drop before they do. I think they are fine how they are at least against my class. I can taunt to reduce their damage, yank them out of the group and then continue DPS. Really a marauder is the only challenge for me. I think an important point is being missed here. A WZ is 8vs8 not 1v1. If everyone is not playing they're part then yeah things can seem unfair.... So do your part and hope others will fall in line.

RogueNights
12.05.2012 , 04:34 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by -DarK-HorsE- View Post
Is it just me? I roll an AS Vanguard In PvP. There needs to be two smashers both hitting me for me to drop before they do. I think they are fine how they are at least against my class. I can taunt to reduce their damage, yank them out of the group and then continue DPS. Really a marauder is the only challenge for me. I think an important point is being missed here. A WZ is 8vs8 not 1v1. If everyone is not playing they're part then yeah things can seem unfair.... So do your part and hope others will fall in line.
I'd second that... Vanguards/pts can murder smashers.. Range dps in general is tough..

I feel like alot of classes shouldn't really be able to complain about smashers..

Vanguards/Snipers: Largely counter classes, And since they Can Dps from range, if they get caught clustered its pretty much their own fault.
Bub sorc: Sure.. a couple smashers can kill them almost instantly.. they are the ultimate melee counter class tho when not dead..
Healers: Again, kinda there own fault if they get caught in it.. no reason you can't stay away from your teammates and heal from range
Mara/Jug dps: Since they roll the spec.. cant really complain about it.
Assassin: Has every tool in the world to react to the smash build up and prevent it from going off at inopportune times

Really would say in general i only feel bad for people in the tanking roll. Trying to peel a smasher off you healer means youre inevitably going to be eating some 1.5x smashes due to your guard.
Yanny - Assassin LVL 50 - Drooga's Pleasure Barge, Veebo Lunx

foxmob
12.05.2012 , 04:54 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by -DarK-HorsE- View Post
well I"m clearly doing something wrong then, cuz I have an easier time with maras on my vg than with juggs (don't they do the same thing in shared tree???).

no single smasher bothers my healer at all. I agree, it's the fact that you're getting hammered by multiple smashers that makes their presence so...painful. just increase the time between smashes (ala the nerf a few patches ago to hib/railshot procs). that will bring their total dmg in line with the rest of the world. iunno if that's too much of a nerf for single target dps though.
Kracks and other assorted stuff on Jedi Covanent
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

OrderOfVirtue
12.05.2012 , 05:53 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I may be reaching here that there are plenty of counters for this class out there in 50 pvp. When playing deception I have absolutely no issue with smash jug, a 30% AoE damage reduction with a well timed force shroud or blackout and when my defenses are down so is the jug with the burst I have at my disposal.

Keep in mind rage jugs are fairly squishy, at least thats what I take from them.
Its cause you have never seen me in a warzone.