Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lolsmash ?

DarthSabreth
12.03.2012 , 01:27 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
They need a class that even worst players can be great with.

Yah it makes PvP terrible, but since its just a side attraction for PvEers it doesnt matter to them.
Yeah i agree there def is a skill tree for class skill requirements in PVP, in my opinion its the following for dps Easiest to hardest.

mara / sent ultra easymode press one button to win.
PT / VG ultra easymode 2 press 2 buttons to win. I have a VG and yeah only 2 buttons to win.
OP / scoundrel little harder to play good opening burst then drops off significantly.
sorc / sage little harder to play due to being a cast dps class, needs a little more skill to pvp with.
merc / trooper hard to pvp with needs range to be succesfull, if a lol mele gets to close has escape issues if the knock back is on CD.

so if you intend to pvp you can chose the dificulty lvl you want to play with from ultra easy mara - dificult merc.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

NamikazeNaruto
12.03.2012 , 01:50 PM | #32
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=541332

The official dev response to this issue on page 2.

Chlomamf
12.03.2012 , 02:11 PM | #33
In my time of PvP, I've only ever seen one Smasher that does huge damage. It was on NC, Imp vs Rep, I was on my Sniper. I was guarding East like always when 2 Reps, a Sentinal and a Gunslinger, come and attack me. I call Inc, and then the Sentinal does a smash. Half my life gone. Try to hold them off until he smashes again: I'm dead. Luckily someone answered my Inc and came to help. Great, right? No, I was stuck behind the shield door, and I watched as the Sentinal killed the other person in literally two smashes.

Yet again, I tend to be stuck on guard duty, so I tend not to see what goes on 3/4 of the match.

TonyDragonflame
12.03.2012 , 03:36 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
Yeah i agree there def is a skill tree for class skill requirements in PVP, in my opinion its the following for dps Easiest to hardest.

mara / sent ultra easymode press one button to win.
PT / VG ultra easymode 2 press 2 buttons to win. I have a VG and yeah only 2 buttons to win.
OP / scoundrel little harder to play good opening burst then drops off significantly.
sorc / sage little harder to play due to being a cast dps class, needs a little more skill to pvp with.
merc / trooper hard to pvp with needs range to be succesfull, if a lol mele gets to close has escape issues if the knock back is on CD.

so if you intend to pvp you can chose the dificulty lvl you want to play with from ultra easy mara - dificult merc.
^ indeed, this!
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

ElanSolUgad
12.03.2012 , 03:53 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
Why would you have defense mods and relics on a dps/healer class? It increases your chance to avoid damage but not to decrease the damage you receive.
Done some more research, I got your point, thanks, gone back to aim and power and am crafting overkill. Cheers.

YaanaOhtar
12.04.2012 , 05:43 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by VragonBral View Post
I don't think any nerf is on the table for now. And I do not see the main issue, since this has been going on for longer then 10 months to be honest. "lolsmash"ing has been one of the Focus Guardian's...well...focus since day 1 really. "SweepBombing" has been around for awhile, just find a way to deal with it until something is done. And if something is not done, you should really figure out a way to counter it.

Goodluck.
Shadow kinetic tree, healing ablility also day 1, and recently being nerf. The game was not balance in the first place. And when they nerf the others class, they allow different class to become power.

wwkingms
12.04.2012 , 05:57 AM | #37
my problem if with this max geared smashers.. on my sorcs im gonna get hit by at least two smashes in the fight...

at my expertise im getting smashed upwards of 6k by wh juggs..

enrage->charge-> smash 6k
force crush->defensive cooldowns/fluff dmg->force push->charge->smash 6k

that right there puts me low enough to be vicious thrown at...

which ive been crit for up to 5k

thats 17k of FREE NOOB FACEROLL SKILL-LESS DERP DMG

lets not force force scream, saber throw, force choke as in between dmg as well

no matter how i play my cc's im getting hit by at least 2 smashes..

my only hope vs geared/smart juggs is LAG in my favor makes his smashes out of range.. or i can run away
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Lecutes
12.05.2012 , 06:08 AM | #38
they should buff it even more

TonyDragonflame
12.05.2012 , 06:58 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
my problem if with this max geared smashers.. on my sorcs im gonna get hit by at least two smashes in the fight...

thats 17k of FREE NOOB FACEROLL SKILL-LESS DERP DMG
y
Dude, you think what smashers who grind almost 3x war hero gear (1st for armorings, 2nd forpower mods, 3rd for power enchants) for min/max their stats for smash, are noobs? Hahaha

You are just bad sorc, cry more. Playing guardian/jugg ever smash spec requires plenty skill, if you want use it in full potential - with taunts, guardian leaps, aoe slow etc etc. melee classes in general much more harder to play than ranged in pvp.
I play guardian (def/vigi tank and focus vr86 ), sentinel (watchman and focus vr 62), scoundrel (sawbones and scrapper vr 83), vanguard (assault vr40) and sage (telekinetic) - so all melee dps classes (especially sentinel and guardian and less scoundrel) - requires much higher skill cap than ranged (sage and vanguard).
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

foxmob
12.05.2012 , 07:18 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Are you saying sins are FOTM?
in a way, yes. they are. if you look at cyaco's reply, you'll note that he referred to the deception tree. the deception tree was buffed at the same time as the focus tree. now there are a noticeably greater number of those distinctive voltaic slashes in WZs (looks like sin twirling his saber as a baton). the big aoe reduction thing addressed a major issue deceptsins were having: staying alive in melee range long enough to do anything other than lone-wolf, 1v1 stuff.

as it happens, sins/shadows are a "counter" to almost every class. they are, in fact, the 'default counter' class. lol

...although not every tree is a hard counter for every fotm.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.