Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

lolsmash ?


Skeletun's Avatar


Skeletun
01.15.2013 , 04:12 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by SithLordSix View Post
Full madness sorcs die in 4-5 secs after their bubble pops, which is fast compared to lightning trees.
If sorcs stun bubble does get nerfed, there will be no reason to play a sorc in any WZ.
The heals are weaker and they can easily be knocked off their ground circle aoe heal and two shotted.
So anyone who plays ranged , or smash knows that sorcs are the best targets for high crit numbers and damage.
Currently sorcs are stupidly easy to kill from ranged, and if a stun bubble nerf comes they will be stupidly easy to kill from melee range.
I can utterly destroy ANY sorc/ sage on every server with sniper,jugg,Mara,PT,assassin, and op.
EVERYTIME. Not a boast just simple fact. Sorcs are the best targets in WZ because after their shield is down they die in secs and give you your best opportunity for epeen high bragging crits.
I feel sad for anyone who plays this game with a sorc/sage. Because if I don't kill you in 5 secs I am simply farming your weak @ss for easy DPS numbers and can one shot you at anytime.
For all you trolls that think you can Los me and run off , grab a medpack or wait till you get your health back up, I have killed two of your buddies restealthed, or waited for cool downs, and then can take your shield down and rape you when you finally get the courage to rejoin the fight. Also if your betting on your dots to do anything, I can clear them with an instant cast and all you have left is an easily interruptible lightning or lol lightning strike.
So good luck to all those sorc/sage mains out there, best bet start your reroll now.
Umm... what is your point and contribution to this thread? I'm asking because IMO you come off very obnoxious, but maybe I'm wrong and you are really trying to say something.

SithLordSix's Avatar


SithLordSix
01.15.2013 , 10:54 PM | #102
That all classes are considered op when you play them correctly. So quit whining about every class that whoops you.
And that sorcs are in big trouble if their bubble gets nerfed. Which several previous posters said was inevitable.
IMHO sorcs need a serious buff somehow.

ElanSolUgad's Avatar


ElanSolUgad
01.17.2013 , 12:50 PM | #103
Some facts for you:
Server Red Eclipse (PvE)
247 warzones between 10th December 2012 and 17th January 2013.
Per zones on average including quitters:
3.76 inquistitor
2.28 warriors
1.47 agents
1.36 bounty hunters

If you take the times between 5pm and midnight Uk time when the "professional" players come out, you get 4.4 sorcs and 3.1 warriors average per zone. Having zones of 6 sorcs and 2 warriors is common. Never won against that even with a guild premade of Elite WHs and Team Speak.

Therefore with all the stuns, roots, slows, and everything else that can be thrown at you by a sorc, warzones are hell in the evening in the uk for reps.
On average I have a 51% loss to 49% win. But between the hours above that goes to 85% loss 15% win. Conversely, playing in the day Imp side is a bad thing, you will lose a lot.

So based on statistical analysis, sorc class is most popular by a very long margin. Why? You decide.

I said to BW, with the stupid damage now being done, everyone would go smash class. Sorry I was wrong. Still, I bet they buff the smashers and nerf the mandos in 1.7.

One last thing, I can empty a full firing rotation from my elite WH geared assault tree commando in to an assassin, run out of ammo, blow all my cool downs and do precisely 7% damage. My combat tracker indicated I did 16K of damage, all absorbed.

Not complaining, just some facts. Be interesting to see if anyone does the same the other way round (Reps mostly Consular and Knight as far as I can see).

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
01.17.2013 , 12:54 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by ElanSolUgad View Post
One last thing, I can empty a full firing rotation from my elite WH geared assault tree commando in to an assassin, run out of ammo, blow all my cool downs and do precisely 7% damage. My combat tracker indicated I did 16K of damage, all absorbed.
youre doing something wrong if that is your result.

perhaps you should notice when an assassin has Force Shroud up and NOT use tech abilities?

ElanSolUgad's Avatar


ElanSolUgad
01.17.2013 , 01:02 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
youre doing something wrong if that is your result.

perhaps you should notice when an assassin has Force Shroud up and NOT use tech abilities?
I keep getting told L2P, any advice? Would be much appreciated.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.17.2013 , 01:03 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by ElanSolUgad View Post

One last thing, I can empty a full firing rotation from my elite WH geared assault tree commando in to an assassin, run out of ammo, blow all my cool downs and do precisely 7% damage. My combat tracker indicated I did 16K of damage, all absorbed.
Must have been a tank. I get hit hard still but I am the squish playing madness.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
01.17.2013 , 01:16 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by ElanSolUgad View Post
I keep getting told L2P, any advice? Would be much appreciated.
well like i said, if they have force shroud up, your tech abilities do squat. thermal det, fusion missile, explosive probe, etc. all yellow damage attacks do 0 against force shroud.

other than that, try to kite (which is difficult in this game), keep an eye on their defensive buffs to see what theyre vulnerable to (force shround up: use only white damage; deflection up: use yellow damage), and hopefully you can either kill them outright, or backup arrives.

oh, and w/ assassin/shadows, if you are pretty good at strafing and turning w/ the mouse you can actually prevent them from using maul (requires them to be behind an opponent). if they cant get maul off, they are missing out on a large portion of their damage dealing ability

funkiestj's Avatar


funkiestj
01.17.2013 , 01:22 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by ElanSolUgad View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
youre doing something wrong if that is your result.

perhaps you should notice when an assassin has Force Shroud up and NOT use tech abilities?

I keep getting told L2P, any advice? Would be much appreciated.
Sure, I'll give you some advice:

Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
perhaps you should notice when an assassin has Force Shroud up and NOT use tech abilities?
I'll be very explicit: When you have the assassin targeted, you have a window near the bottom of the screen that shows the target's:
  1. portrait
  2. health
  3. mana
  4. buffs and debuff icons

The buffs and debuff icons tell you lots of important information. E.g. what stance is target in (if applicable)? If the Assassin has used Force-Shroud, there is an icon to indicate this ability is currently active. While Force-shroud is active you should not bother using any tech/force attacks against your target.

Q: How do I know whether an attack is ranged (melee) or tech (force)?
A: open the abilities window (one of the buttons at the top of the screen). The list of abilities tells what attack type each ability is.

NOTE: if you don't already know the difference between attack type and damage type and how these work in the SWTOR combat system, you should learn.

Class is dismissed

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

SithLordSix's Avatar


SithLordSix
01.17.2013 , 01:23 PM | #109
Force shroud lasts for 4 secs, so if you start seeing absorb just shoot reg shots or rail.
Unless your a sorc then go melee him for 4 s or run lol. ( melee was a jk)

And to the previous poster stating sorcs popularity, no doubt, but one smasher equals two sorcs an if hey are grouped they are all dead.
And was mainly talking about 1v1 vs sorcs, so if all you DPS attacked 1 diff sorc, worst case, you would still wipe them.
And pls don't tell me the classes I listed cant easy 1v1 a sorc.
I love playing sorc Cept the fact they die easily or have to run and hide anytime they get attacked.

ElanSolUgad's Avatar


ElanSolUgad
01.17.2013 , 01:29 PM | #110
Thanks for all advice. I will read and apply. Very grateful.
We have some very well played sorcs on our server, so for a not so good player like me, only my Scoundrel can 1 on 1 a sorc and only if he gets crits, all my other rep toons get creamed. And I do mean dead whilst sorc is at 50% health. (All toons full WH).