Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lolsmash ?

thamightyboro
12.03.2012 , 06:13 AM | #1
Are BW actually going to do anything with it or even acknowledge its an issue I don't spend much time on forums so haven't seen if they have acknowledged it's a problem and if they are planning to do anything about it had a quick search but certainly couldn't find anything by them on the issue.

10 warzones today 90% of both teams made up of smashers being hit for up to 9k is great fun (full wh v my full bm minus ear and 1 implant)
"If someone had came up to me in the 80s and said we will
be playing games with 1000s of people at the same time.
My response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

GrandMike
12.03.2012 , 06:42 AM | #2
They need a class that even worst players can be great with.

Yah it makes PvP terrible, but since its just a side attraction for PvEers it doesnt matter to them.

NoTomorrow
12.03.2012 , 06:53 AM | #3
The problem is, when a new FOTM appears, people instead of rolling the counter class, they roll the FOTM and aggravate the situation even more. For the very lulz of it, I had a few WZ where we went with a 4 sniper premade. The republic scums fielded 4 sents and 2 guardians on voidstar. Needless to say, we ruined somebody's day, it was a bloody massacre.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Majspuffen
12.03.2012 , 07:02 AM | #4
The buffs to rage/focus were stupid, from a pvp perspective (why buff a spec that was already performing well?).

But I'm not sure if the issue is smashers, per se. The damage is out of hand, in this game. 1.6 seem to be adressing the insane gear gap, which is a good first step. But they really need to tone damage across the board. Forgive the exaggeration, but skill in pvp can be boiled down to which person stuns the other first.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

DazzHottle
12.03.2012 , 07:04 AM | #5
I do never see smash class, are the fighting for Republic sides or Empires?

U used rifle as sniper class, I am ok but not great I do not know what is good so I shoot man.

Joesixxpack
12.03.2012 , 07:14 AM | #6
I recall a dev response at least a month ago saying they're aware of gripes about it, and are basically monitoring it.

In the meantime I decided to make the best of it, playing my GS more and rolled a sniper. It's fun watching the smash mobs leaping around nodes and quickly wiping them out.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

cycao
12.03.2012 , 07:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
The problem is, when a new FOTM appears, people instead of rolling the counter class, they roll the FOTM and aggravate the situation even more. For the very lulz of it, I had a few WZ where we went with a 4 sniper premade. The republic scums fielded 4 sents and 2 guardians on voidstar. Needless to say, we ruined somebody's day, it was a bloody massacre.
I may be reaching here that there are plenty of counters for this class out there in 50 pvp. When playing deception I have absolutely no issue with smash jug, a 30% AoE damage reduction with a well timed force shroud or blackout and when my defenses are down so is the jug with the burst I have at my disposal.

Keep in mind rage jugs are fairly squishy, at least thats what I take from them.

warultima
12.03.2012 , 07:43 AM | #8
But thats a fotm to counter another. Try a merc or oprtative where they dont even have 30%aoe reduction. Your 18sec 25% dr and a force tech god mode at their disposal.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Joesixxpack
12.03.2012 , 07:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
But thats a fotm to counter another. Try a merc or oprtative where they dont even have 30%aoe reduction. Your 18sec 25% dr and a force tech god mode at their disposal.
Are you saying sins are FOTM?
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Purre
12.03.2012 , 07:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by thamightyboro View Post
Are BW actually going to do anything with it or even acknowledge its an issue I don't spend much time on forums so haven't seen if they have acknowledged it's a problem and if they are planning to do anything about it had a quick search but certainly couldn't find anything by them on the issue.

10 warzones today 90% of both teams made up of smashers being hit for up to 9k is great fun (full wh v my full bm minus ear and 1 implant)
dont worry they nerfed Annihilation / Watchman last patch so they are clearly ontop of the problem..... *troll*