Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Screaming_Ziva
12.11.2012 , 12:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Veerlo View Post
Joveth I'm sorry but that's not what we were led to believe.
Where exactly were we lead to believe there would be a Life Day event? The fan sites that datamined data? I don't remember anything coming from Bioware even hinting there would be an event.

Trollokdamus
12.11.2012 , 12:46 PM | #22
Hmm, if i recall right, sometime during the last event a question was asked about when we can expect to see the next one, and Bioware told us it will happen somewhere in December. I've tried googling this, but failed to find any proof, so if anyone by chance also remembers this and is able to link Bioware's quote here, it would be appreciated.

Alavastre
12.11.2012 , 12:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Insidion View Post
Items for the rich kids, and a big FU to the rest of us. Just like real christmas, eh?
Don't know how to tell you this, Santa Claus isn't real.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Veerlo
12.11.2012 , 12:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
Hmm, if i recall right, sometime during the last event a question was asked about when we can expect to see the next one, and Bioware told us it will happen somewhere in December. I've tried googling this, but failed to find any proof, so if anyone by chance also remembers this and is able to link Bioware's quote here, it would be appreciated.
It does ring a Bell... Ill try and search for it
CE owner,
New to SWTOR or wanna have 7 days of sub level account, goodies and free transfer ? Click here

Vandicus
12.11.2012 , 12:52 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
January. Sometime in January, an event related to Ilum, although that date has likely been pushed back to February/March in light of the livestream telling us that Ilum would come in February/March.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Phyreblade
12.11.2012 , 12:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Veerlo View Post
Joveth I'm sorry but that's not what we were led to believe. This just got me really disappointed and ill be considering not resubbing from now on and thats a shame cause I have 3 lvl 50's and a couple of other alts. On top of that I was considering upgrading my son's account to subscriber status since he loves the WZ and has a f2p account.

But since you guys are not even making an event out of the biggest holiday of them all you lost me. I'm sorry but this is just too much.
Led to believe by whom?

Take this as a life lesson. Don't base your decisions on rumors and conjecture. Else you'll continue to be endlessly disappointed. Poor you.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel Duncan, Sawbones Scoundrel
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

Phyreblade
12.11.2012 , 12:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Alavastre View Post
Don't know how to tell you this, Santa Claus isn't real.
This.
"Why can't things be easy? Just once!"
-- Gaibriel Duncan, Sawbones Scoundrel
Phyreblade, Co-Leader Covenant of the Phoenix

Costello
12.11.2012 , 01:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!
Do you think it is right that life day items are only available for people that are willing to pay (with the exception of the fireworks) for them rather than something that could have been a reward to all people that have been subscribing through the last year.

It seems far more time and effort has been put into the cartel shop than in something nice to thank subscribers for their support for the last year.

Slurmez
12.11.2012 , 01:01 PM | #29
Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!
ouch lol

Whoever is program managing the whole free to play transition is doing the worst job imaginable, it feels cheap and like a cash grab moreso than any other game I have played including those who also went free to play during the course of their lives.

Nidza
12.11.2012 , 01:03 PM | #30
Hey folks!

Thank you!

Shame on you and your company I feel my buyers remorse tingle every month since release but this could very well be the last straw,denying content for dlc and day 1 dlc is what EA is infamous for and I'm never going to buy another EA product ever again, truly the worst company in america.