Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Veerlo
12.11.2012 , 12:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptMurphy View Post
Looks like we can rule out an event on the one year anniversary as well.
Yeah real disappointing!
The Ässamite Legacy: Prophecy of the Five
Veerlo 60 Sorc | Akiam 55 Sniper | Olreev 55 PT
Alcifema 60 Guardian | Mäika 30 Shadow | Alfema 25 Commando

tzagheru
12.11.2012 , 12:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Insidion View Post
Items for the rich kids, and a big FU to the rest of us. Just like real christmas, eh?
sad and true. why the hell did I resubed??
I was hopping for some fun atleast with 1 year anniversary and xmas combined..

this patch is a big pos.

Kendaric
12.11.2012 , 12:31 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Veerlo View Post
Joveth I'm sorry but that's not what we were led to believe. This just got me really disappointed and ill be considering not resubbing from now on and thats a shame cause I have 3 lvl 50's and a couple of other alts. On top of that I was considering upgrading my son's account to subscriber status since he loves the WZ and has a f2p account.

But since you guys are not even making an event out of the biggest holiday of them all you lost me. I'm sorry but this is just too much.
As far as I know, they never mentioned doing a Life Day event... so how were you lead to believe otherwise? And let's face it, Christmas events in most MMORPGs are utterly horrible (EQ2 for instance where every city is decorated with giant candy canes... *shudder*).
(█⌉▀|▀|▀|▀[o]█]|▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Urael
12.11.2012 , 12:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!
... in the CC Store.

Lostpenguins
12.11.2012 , 12:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!
Translation: We want you to spend more money!

notalkjustrock
12.11.2012 , 12:39 PM | #16
So free-to-play really means BW is raising the cost of the game to ~$25 a month.

CosmicKat
12.11.2012 , 12:42 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kendaric View Post
As far as I know, they never mentioned doing a Life Day event... so how were you lead to believe otherwise? And let's face it, Christmas events in most MMORPGs are utterly horrible (EQ2 for instance where every city is decorated with giant candy canes... *shudder*).
Worst events ever...

Vanguard's reindeer mounts.

Rahkghoul event. What says "Star Wars" more than Space Zombies exploding for fun and profit!

dpwms
12.11.2012 , 12:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Insidion View Post
Items for the rich kids, and a big FU to the rest of us. Just like real christmas, eh?
Money FTW. Live with it.

Veerlo
12.11.2012 , 12:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Kendaric View Post

You're right I should have said I presumed that there would be an event. Since xmas is a big holiday and life day items were mentioned. So even though nothing was promised I am still disapointed and will not resub and stay prefered till I see they care about subscribers and are not puting everything new on the cartel market. I've given enough money to them for now. Heck I was thinking about subing my son for christmas because I anticipated a big event out of xmas AMD 1st anniversary.

But all we got for the anniversary was fireworks and now this for lifeday? For now I've reached my maximum point of giving them cash. ill be moving up to some other game and ill keep this as prefered stat
us and F2P for my son and well be playing something else mainly. No rant just a disapointed customer handing his money to someone else from now on!
The Ässamite Legacy: Prophecy of the Five
Veerlo 60 Sorc | Akiam 55 Sniper | Olreev 55 PT
Alcifema 60 Guardian | Mäika 30 Shadow | Alfema 25 Commando

MiaRB
12.11.2012 , 12:42 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by notalkjustrock View Post
So free-to-play really means BW is raising the cost of the game to ~$25 a month.
you get free cartel coins each month if you sub. just about everything in cartel shops ends up on GTN where you can buy stuff for credits. no one is forcing you to buy anything from CC shop.
can't wait for this game to come out!