Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tpryan
12.17.2012 , 04:15 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyreblade View Post
Why would anyone other than the Wookies decorate for the Wookie Life Day?
Canon arguments don't work...you can get life day items for Cartel coins...thus people in the old republic are aware of the holiday...

Goretzu
12.18.2012 , 06:22 AM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by erei View Post
I remember BW saying they didn't wanted to make any "real world" event, like Christmas or halloween. However, when there is money involved, they make one... if you can afford it.
In STO, for Christmas, and for free, I will have a new ship and several new jacket/scarf to change my characters appearance. Not including the event by itself. But well, appearance customization is ridiculous in SWTOR anyway, and the ship is kinda useless. Anyway, anything would have been better than 25 fireworks.
I can't think of an MMORPG that has nothing but buy for real cash items.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Cleet_Xia
12.18.2012 , 07:49 AM | #183
I would have expected a 1 year anniversary event - life day - or whatever - but I can't hardly believe there isn't an event. Instead we get holiday themed -and limited time only "celebration" items in the cash shop. I would have expected some of the celebration fireworks consumables to just be emailed to anyone with a sub.

I've subbed for just shy of 12months & I'm a CE owner. My wife has played for 7months & is a DD owner. The cost of this "event" pack would eat up almost every CC coin I've been granted for my sub, and eat up more that she has been granted. This feels like a sad attempt at extortion. Because even if there were an ingame way for me to earn these items, I probably wouldn't have pursued some of them. But a few of them- I'd have been all over it. And my wife is pretty much crushed that she would have to pay $20 to get a set of the holiday/celebration/"event that isn't an event" items.

But I'm appearently expected to pay extra if I want to celebrate a year of playing TOR? If this is how this game rolls from now on- what is there about it worth celebrating? We've had a lot of fun playing this game together, but this has made both of us feel completely cheated.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~