Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CelCawdro
12.12.2012 , 12:13 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/shop/

You mean they don't have this?
To be fair, it's not in-game with a giant Gold Circle reminding you how much you need to use it because you're missing out on X, Y and Z every few quests you turn in. And they don't use it as a substitute for content additions. It's a complimentary system, not the main focus of development. SW:TOR could take a page or two from that implementation.

Taltal
12.12.2012 , 12:29 AM | #122
Biggest holiday of the year and u give out free consumable fireworks? and bunch of sht in cartel market? sure u wana test it if u can make money out of holidays but seriously ***?!

dannikj
12.12.2012 , 12:36 AM | #123
Just wanted to chime in that I agree with previous posters that this Life Day Cartel Cash Grab is the worst thing I've seen from F2P so far. The fact that if this WASN'T F2P we would have certainly got a real event, where we would likely have had to do quests to get the cool new items makes me mad at F2P for the first time.

And it makes sense, what's Bioware's incentive in doing a cool world event with new items, instead of just having people pay them cash for them in the Cartel Store? Just didn't think Bioware would be bottom-lining us so fast, is all.

One-year anniversary, and I'm sad for the future.

AshlaBoga
12.12.2012 , 12:43 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
To be fair, it's not in-game with a giant Gold Circle reminding you how much you need to use it because you're missing out on X, Y and Z every few quests you turn in. And they don't use it as a substitute for content additions. It's a complimentary system, not the main focus of development. SW:TOR could take a page or two from that implementation.
I hid mine behind my map, but it's annoying that I can't get rid of it entirely

They need to make it so we can make it transparent.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

aeterno
12.12.2012 , 12:47 AM | #125
I'm really not bummed about the items but the business decision to not do anything ingame when most of the direct competition seems to be doing it seems.... strange.

Feels like a wasted opportunity to get some community building done. *shrug* For a game that allegedly coppied existing models it's surprising how-much good stuff it chose not to emulate.

Vis-Tecum
12.12.2012 , 01:36 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
As for people blaming bioware .
not bioware, bioware austin. AAryn Flynn, Casey Hudson, and David Gaider didnt mess this up, people can blame EA all they want but even in my work, if it doesnt work its my fault, I dont blame my bosses for giving me dead lines or directions. it is me who worked on it and it was my job to make it work.

ea threw money at them and gave them plenty of time, they miss managed it and wasted their reasources according to interviews, the only thing I blame EA for is caveing into the investors too soon, they should of spun the subnumbers more and gave the game at least a year without having to shelve everything for the free 2 play transition. but again the subscriber exodus was because bioware failed to deliver not because ea didnt support them
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Thehellfire
12.12.2012 , 01:48 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!
Am I reading this right, this is the only MMO ever to not have a xmas event? And then no info on future events? Ya sounds like making events is trumped by making cash from lifeday packs

CelCawdro
12.12.2012 , 01:53 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Thehellfire View Post
Am I reading this right, this is the only MMO ever to not have a xmas event? And then no info on future events? Ya sounds like making events is trumped by making cash from lifeday packs
SW:TOR has become a game of potential eventualities.

"We're going to add more class stories."
"We're going to revisit Legacy."
"We're going to talk about the Collector's Edition vendor."
"We're going to expand space beyond the current rail shooter."
"We're going to implement additional romances."
"We're going to add more playable species."

I could go on, but the point is, we have more promises than content at this point, and a lot of these promises have existed since beta was in full swing. Heck, even HK-51 was datamined in beta - his release was merely delayed rather than him actually being developed post-release.

GrimInc
12.12.2012 , 02:32 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by celcawdro View Post
sw:tor has become a game of potential eventualities.

"we're going to add more class stories."
"we're going to revisit legacy."
"we're going to talk about the collector's edition vendor."
"we're going to expand space beyond the current rail shooter."
"we're going to implement additional romances."
"we're going to add more playable species."

i could go on, but the point is, we have more promises than content at this point, and a lot of these promises have existed since beta was in full swing. Heck, even hk-51 was datamined in beta - his release was merely delayed rather than him actually being developed post-release.
this!
Rule of Two
One to embody the power, the other to crave it

Slipfeed
12.12.2012 , 02:36 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/shop/

You mean they don't have this?
Some minipets that give money to charity through blizzard and one dumb *** mount do not a cash shop make.