December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?

Alec_Fortescue

What do you guys think? There was no mention of an event, just datamined Life Day-themed items and a mention of Life Day Cartel Packs by the devs. Tbh I'd hate an event like this and I think it's better off to release themed cartel packs. Who wants to role play an event will have a handful of items then.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think? There was no mention of an event, just datamined Life Day-themed items and a mention of Life Day Cartel Packs by the devs. Tbh I'd hate an event like this and I think it's better off to release themed cartel packs. Who wants to role play an event will have a handful of items then.

Cartel packs IMO, they make $$$ even off subscribers, which is what nickel and dime F2P is all about. :mad:

I'd rather have events as good as the brilliant Rakghoul event, of course, but I sceptical about seeing those now.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I thought bioware said they didn't want subscribers to miss out, that they'd get everything with their subscription...

If we go and call this an event it's only for people that buy (additional) coins, it's an insult to subscribers and past events. I think I recall BioWare even saying there'd be more events? If they mean this is what they mean with that it's a bad sign.

What's next? Candy cane lightsabers & blasters? Well, we're already going there with the new crystals, free to play is starting to ruin it for sure.

Yeah, I thought bioware said they didn't want subscribers to miss out, that they'd get everything with their subscription...

If we go and call this an event it's only for people that buy (additional) coins, it's an insult to subscribers and past events. I think I recall BioWare even saying there'd be more events? If they mean this is what they mean with that it's a bad sign.

What's next? Candy cane lightsabers & blasters? Well, we're already going there with the new crystals, free to play is starting to ruin it for sure.

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

Joveth I'm sorry but that's not what we were led to believe. This just got me really disappointed and ill be considering not resubbing from now on and thats a shame cause I have 3 lvl 50's and a couple of other alts. On top of that I was considering upgrading my son's account to subscriber status since he loves the WZ and has a f2p account.

But since you guys are not even making an event out of the biggest holiday of them all you lost me. I'm sorry but this is just too much.

Joveth I'm sorry but that's not what we were led to believe. This just got me really disappointed and ill be considering not resubbing from now on and thats a shame cause I have 3 lvl 50's and a couple of other alts. On top of that I was considering upgrading my son's account to subscriber status since he loves the WZ and has a f2p account.

But since you guys are not even making an event out of the biggest holiday of them all you lost me. I'm sorry but this is just too much.

As far as I know, they never mentioned doing a Life Day event... so how were you lead to believe otherwise? And let's face it, Christmas events in most MMORPGs are utterly horrible (EQ2 for instance where every city is decorated with giant candy canes... *shudder*).

Hey folks!

Thank you!

... in the CC Store.

Hey folks!

Thank you!

Translation: We want you to spend more money!

As far as I know, they never mentioned doing a Life Day event... so how were you lead to believe otherwise? And let's face it, Christmas events in most MMORPGs are utterly horrible (EQ2 for instance where every city is decorated with giant candy canes... *shudder*).

Worst events ever...

Vanguard's reindeer mounts.

Rahkghoul event. What says "Star Wars" more than Space Zombies exploding for fun and profit!

You're right I should have said I presumed that there would be an event. Since xmas is a big holiday and life day items were mentioned. So even though nothing was promised I am still disapointed and will not resub and stay prefered till I see they care about subscribers and are not puting everything new on the cartel market. I've given enough money to them for now. Heck I was thinking about subing my son for christmas because I anticipated a big event out of xmas AMD 1st anniversary.

But all we got for the anniversary was fireworks and now this for lifeday? For now I've reached my maximum point of giving them cash. ill be moving up to some other game and ill keep this as prefered stat

us and F2P for my son and well be playing something else mainly. No rant just a disapointed customer handing his money to someone else from now on!

So free-to-play really means BW is raising the cost of the game to ~$25 a month.

you get free cartel coins each month if you sub. just about everything in cartel shops ends up on GTN where you can buy stuff for credits. no one is forcing you to buy anything from CC shop.

Hmm, if i recall right, sometime during the last event a question was asked about when we can expect to see the next one, and Bioware told us it will happen somewhere in December. I've tried googling this, but failed to find any proof, so if anyone by chance also remembers this and is able to link Bioware's quote here, it would be appreciated.

Hmm, if i recall right, sometime during the last event a question was asked about when we can expect to see the next one, and Bioware told us it will happen somewhere in December. I've tried googling this, but failed to find any proof, so if anyone by chance also remembers this and is able to link Bioware's quote here, it would be appreciated.

It does ring a Bell... Ill try and search for it

January. Sometime in January, an event related to Ilum, although that date has likely been pushed back to February/March in light of the livestream telling us that Ilum would come in February/March.