Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Beware of scammer Brettlawrie!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Beware of scammer Brettlawrie!!

Viridiana
12.03.2012 , 02:48 PM | #11
This is why I won't give anyone 1 - 1.6 mil worth of mats to craft something, I've seen this guy on the server all the time trying to buy mats as well, def gonna avoid him, hopefully CS does something for you all but I really doubt it as you gave him the mats without expecting the item right away or as a trade when you gave him the items.

Pwnzorbot
12.03.2012 , 03:57 PM | #12
He scammed my innocence

VaticanWarlock
12.03.2012 , 04:30 PM | #13
He's selling 16 stabilizers on the GTN right now

snarf_
12.03.2012 , 05:56 PM | #14
Rediculous

nammax
12.03.2012 , 06:17 PM | #15
what i want to know is why isn't he ban yet? bioware take action! my ticket is still open and so is everyone else that got scam!

Tarurelm
12.03.2012 , 06:48 PM | #16
Basic MMO rules apply here guys. If someone says they can craft it, don't just give him ur mats and wait for him to craft it. Just trade the mats for the item requested. 99% of legitimate crafters have them to trade for mats. If not, you can either sell the mats on the GTN and buy the item or just be patient enough and wait for someone who has one to trade for mats. Best idea is to never trust anyone or you have no right to gripe, in my opinion.
Delusions of Grandeur@ The Harbinger

-DPS Vigilance Guardian- Täru Relm
-Sage Heals- Va'shh

darthsickness
12.04.2012 , 10:29 AM | #17
he scammed me as well i gave him mats for 2 reflex barrel and he told me the same story about the mail being bugged.

Obsidiant
12.04.2012 , 04:06 PM | #18
He almost got me as well. Said he had a skill 27 barrel made up but only wanted mats + tip which kinda put up a red flag so i went to trade with him and put my mats and tip in the window then he whispers that he needs 10min to get me the barrel so i canceled the trade. Glad I did after reading this.

Bio needs to step up and ban these ppl along with refunding the lost items.

JonMuckey
12.04.2012 , 05:11 PM | #19
Quick tip: Verify the crafter can actually craft the item you need.

Quote:
Group Options

Once you are in a group, your party members' portraits and health bars are displayed on the left side of the game screen. Right-click any of your party members to select from a number of options.

• View Schematics: Allows you to view what items the group member can craft.

http://www.swtor.com/gamemanual/exploring-the-galaxy
The First Order @ The Harbinger
Casual PVE Republic guild with Operations progression groups
Guild website | Forum
JonnyMuck (Guardian Tank) | JonnyBravo (Trooper Medic)

dscount
12.05.2012 , 07:28 PM | #20
Great.. Guess I'm SOL on that Might 27 Hilt for my Warrior.

I was wondering why a "Crafter" was selling so many Stabilizers on GTN. (Should have been a red flag)

I hope BIOWARE is doing something about this guy. I check all schematics now - kinda screws some of the legit crafters that COD stuff, but it's worth the extra hassle.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."