Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

sorc or ops pvp healing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
sorc or ops pvp healing

marvinmiguel
12.02.2012 , 04:24 PM | #1
need desperate help i would like to know which one would be better for a team and why i see the sorcerer looks cooler along with more flashy animations but i hear operatives seems to top it off i would just like further help into the matter and the sooner the better, thank you for your time!

marvinmiguel
12.03.2012 , 01:27 AM | #2
anyone?

verfallen
12.03.2012 , 06:05 AM | #3
Depends largely on the situation, and PvE or PvP.

For PvP, I'll leave people used to healing in WZ answer.

For PvE, both works, but very differently. Sorc have an awesome AoE heal, but is paying this by a lack of emergency heal per say.

Operative AoE is fine, but the spike healing is awesome (my main being a sin-tank, i have to say I normally prefer operatives on me if I'm main tanking an ops, altough a few gildies with sorcs do a mighty fine job as well).

I personally leveled a sorc pre-1,2 as heals, and loved it. But I did not like the change to force bending they did then, with DI being always on that "die 3 times while I cast your heal" timer, and innervate being used left and right in your ressourge regen, spike heal, and standard heal rotation. Also I'm bugged by my "emergency" tool not being a heal, but a shield, which AGAIN can be considered in your standard rotation on the tank.

I'm barely in the 20s with my operative which I'm grooming to be my end-game healer eventually, but I already like the way it works much better.

I still respec the sorc to heals sometimes for HM FP or H4s, don't have much issues keeping people up unless they take avoidable damage like crazy in boss fights ("big fat red reticle on the ground! Lets see if I gain 50 cartel coins by stepping in it!!! ... Nop, won a massive blow to the face. Well lets try again! We got an healer anywayz!")

marvinmiguel
12.03.2012 , 08:49 AM | #4
thanks for the reply! ive been leveling my sorc mainly and i see now that force is easier to manage (level 20) but its still hard to pick! i tend to better in pvp but i think thats more due to the team then anything else

Hairyzac
12.03.2012 , 09:11 AM | #5
operatives are the best pvp healers. sorcs are good but all their heals you gotta stand still to cast except for bubble and you are very squishy. play whichever is more fun imo.

marvinmiguel
12.03.2012 , 10:38 AM | #6
thanks i've just thought whats the point in playing a class just because its the "best" or "OP" no doubt by the time i reach level 50 it will all of have changed but thank you for quick and useful feedback! hope to be healing you sometime soon!

livinlife
12.06.2012 , 03:20 AM | #7
operative is a better pvp healer, stealth is such a big multiplyer and add 2 defensive cd's and 2 instant cast stuns and it's no contest sorc can have better healing output if they dont respec bubblestun and use aoe but then team needs to b grped and thats bad pvp added to the fact that as a sorc you will b targetted first means it's harder as a sorc btw have both a operativeand sorc heals so not qq'ing just stating fact and my sorc happens to b my main and i still do ok in ranked but it is harder if playing sorc heals u need to learn how to tank and run and gun lol and have another good healer crossing healing u then your dangerous heeheeh
livinsith 55 sorc heals Master D server
nif 55 sage heals Dalborra server
livinsolo 34 scoundrel heals Bastion server
agv 16 commando heals Po5 server

marvinmiguel
12.06.2012 , 01:33 PM | #8
thank you for the feedback i was going to level as sorcerer but after playing my operative i found energy management much easier and they look more fun to pvp as in dps spec. only con would be the gear isn't nearly as cool as that of the sorcerers