Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Nomi Sunrider VS Satele Shan


Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.01.2012 , 03:29 PM | #1
Who will win? Nomi has incredible skill of battle mediation but I don't think it's going to be useful in a 1v1 fight, her Sever Force ability is a good feat. Satele got incredible Force and lightsaber skill but nothing too special.

The arena: the known galaxy.
No other helps, just 1v1 duel to death.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
12.01.2012 , 04:56 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Who will win? Nomi has incredible skill of battle mediation but I don't think it's going to be useful in a 1v1 fight, her Sever Force ability is a good feat. Satele got incredible Force and lightsaber skill but nothing too special.

The arena: the known galaxy.
No other helps, just 1v1 duel to death.
As for the battle meditation, I think Satele Shan has that to. So.... yeah.

But I think this would be a very close fight. It's hard to say who would win. I have a feeling Sunrider would win this one.

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
12.01.2012 , 04:57 PM | #3
Honestly, I'd give it to Satele...

Most of Sunrider's skills are Anti-Darkside. Not really good against another Light-Sider. She is like the Exile..
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

EnsignSorrow's Avatar


EnsignSorrow
12.02.2012 , 01:18 AM | #4
Shan is going to win forsure.


Shatterpoint.
"To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night, Padawan: but choose!"

mefit's Avatar


mefit
12.02.2012 , 10:08 AM | #5
These things are hard to justify being Nomi Sunrider is 300+ years before Satele Shan who is by far a lead character of her time . Alot of things have happened in 300+ years , the Jedi have become more skilled , and more powerful . They have reorginized and learnt from more than 300+ years of War , Kun > Revan > The Empire .

So I say Satele Shan wins this because not only is she a RARE Jedi Grandmaster (Rare title amongst Jedi and the leader) , but shes had more too learn from than Nomi Sunrider and Nomi Sunrider is one of those lessons for sure .
Satele Shan has more Abilities Nomi has but Force Sever + Satele is a Frontline Warrior who has fought Sithlords of her time face to face.
I am sure it would not be a fact fight but when the smoke clears , Satele Shan will be the one still standing .
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

ELECTRICJUDGMENT's Avatar


ELECTRICJUDGMENT
03.02.2013 , 01:12 PM | #6
Clearly, you all know very little of Nomi Sunrider, her accomplishments, or her abilities. First of all, she was very skilled with a lightsaber. Second, she also became Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. As for Satele having "more to learn from," what is that exactly? Does she possess Revan's holocron? Did she learn from Nomi personally? Also, the "anti-dark side"? Where are you getting this garbage?

PS: Satele is actually the distant ancestor of Nomi Sunrider. Bastila Shan in KotOR was originally to be Vima Sunrider, Nomi's daughter. But her name and appearance were changed because Lucas did not own the rights to the Sunrider name. Where do you think Bastila and Satele got their talent for Battle Meditation? Nomi Sunrider.

LadyKulvax's Avatar


LadyKulvax
03.02.2013 , 01:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ELECTRICJUDGMENT View Post
Clearly, you all know very little of Nomi Sunrider, her accomplishments, or her abilities. First of all, she was very skilled with a lightsaber. Second, she also became Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. As for Satele having "more to learn from," what is that exactly? Does she possess Revan's holocron? Did she learn from Nomi personally? Also, the "anti-dark side"? Where are you getting this garbage?

PS: Satele is actually the distant ancestor of Nomi Sunrider. Bastila Shan in KotOR was originally to be Vima Sunrider, Nomi's daughter. But her name was changed because Lucas did not own the rights to the Sunrider name. Where do you think Bastila and Satele got their talent for Battle Meditation? Nomi Sunrider.
Basically this.

Satele Shan wishes she was in Nomi's league.

People ask whether or not the Shans are the Skywalkers of the Old Republic, the Sunriders want to say hello.
""A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense. Never for attack."
Peace Knowledge Light

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
03.02.2013 , 02:06 PM | #8
well personaly i prefer sunrider to satele.
And i find that theory that the jedi skills evolve over time a bit scketchy. In a universe where things remains stale for the most part doesnt make sense jedi in an advanced timeline being more skilled then the previous jedi.
Just like technology doesnt evolve much over milenia, that shouldnt evolve too, at least not that much that warrants a very big gap.

As the fight in it self, realy hard to say. Only that i prefer sunrider and her story over satele.
Quote:
People ask whether or not the Shans are the Skywalkers of the Old Republic, the Sunriders want to say hello.
I also find amusing that Vima sunrider was to be featured in KOTOR instead of bastila shan, but the authors went for an original character.
Spoiler

Quote:
Satele is actually the distant ancestor of Nomi Sunrider. Bastila Shan in KotOR was originally to be Vima Sunrider, Nomi's daughter. But her name and appearance were changed because Lucas did not own the rights to the Sunrider name. Where do you think Bastila and Satele got their talent for Battle Meditation? Nomi Sunrider.
You are partialy right. But you are partialy wrong too. Bastila isnt Vima sunrider shes an Original character all together. For once in KOTOR is very clear that her mother isnt force sensitve and was never a jedi.
I mean i would certainly cry if the Nomi sunrider would pass her last days in a cantina in tatooine.
As for batle meditation, being a power that can ne naturaly gifted to some jedi, doesnt mean any jedi powerfull enough cant learn it.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
03.02.2013 , 02:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post

I also find amusing that Vima sunrider was to be featured in KOTOR instead of bastila shan, but the authors went for an original character.
Actually it's a good decision while due to license, characters should not rely on these bloodline to be awesome. Satele being the decedent of Revan and Bastila is also quite boring.

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
03.02.2013 , 02:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Actually it's a good decision while due to license, characters should not rely on these bloodline to be awesome. Satele being the decedent of Revan and Bastila is also quite boring.
well i agree that a character dont need that plot device to be awesome.
But im not disliking satele, for being decedent of revan and Bastila.
I dislike her mainly because we see litle of her during the game, not only that we know that she is decedent of revan, and not one scene with her and revan after the Maelstrom prison.. its well meeh. And why should her agree of his plans for the foundry? meeh it seems to me missed oportunities and bad writing or lack of a good one.
But i derail, back on topic.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.