Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Crafting Skills Are The Most Profitable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Which Crafting Skills Are The Most Profitable?

Ginwho
11.30.2012 , 11:50 PM | #1
I was wondering which crafting skills will get you the most credits? I'm referring to all classes. Also, my Level 50 Guardian has Synthweaving, Archaeology and Underworld Trading. Should I switch any of those or just keep them. It took so long to get them where they are now, but if there's a way to make more credits, I'll do it. When I say making credits, I also mean selling on the GTN if that is what needs to be done. Thanks in advance!

CommanderKeeva
12.01.2012 , 05:55 AM | #2
I would say that Cybertech is the most profitable crew skill as long as you have a good guild and do operations regularly to get many mods to reverse engineer. I'm crafting lvl63 mods for people for only mats + 50k (where some people ask up to +200k and mats). Even with only 50k profit per item crafted, I usually get at least 15-20 orders a day for crafting stuff for such a cheap price.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Ginwho
12.01.2012 , 06:44 AM | #3
Wow, thanks for that. I haven't done any OP's yet, but I plan to just as soon as I finish my storyline, which should be very soon.

gomperz
12.01.2012 , 09:42 AM | #4
I have a question: I have artifice which I just maxed, and I'm now realizing that to make for example a Might hilt 27, people say I have to get the schematic from doing operations. Which operations? and would an enemy drop a schematic and I learn it that way, or other people say you get something with it in it already and RE it.

Also is 27 the highest? could I get somewhere in between like 24 or would it just be 27

sorry for all the questions but I need answers lol

CommanderKeeva
12.01.2012 , 11:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by gomperz View Post
I have a question: I have artifice which I just maxed, and I'm now realizing that to make for example a Might hilt 27, people say I have to get the schematic from doing operations. Which operations? and would an enemy drop a schematic and I learn it that way, or other people say you get something with it in it already and RE it.

Also is 27 the highest? could I get somewhere in between like 24 or would it just be 27

sorry for all the questions but I need answers lol
There are no schematics for hilts and gun barrels as far as I know. You have to win the roll on the Unassembled Main Hand Weapon Token, turn it in for the appropriate main hand weapon, extract the hilt/barrel from the weapon and pray to god that the RE is successful. Unfortunately, 99% of the people don't dare to try to RE the barrel and hilt of their main hand weapon (as it's too valuable for them to wager on a 20% RE chance), hence it's rare to find them on the GTN.

Also as far as I know you can only get Energized and Exotech schematics in operations for Synthweaving, Armormech and Biochem (very very rarely) professions. But even so these are schematics for entire items, if you want to RE the mods from them, you'll have to extract them and hope for a lucky 20%.

As for the mods you can RE from operations gear, I hope the following short list will help (these are only the mods and enhancements that you can extract from gear):

LvL51 mods and enhancements (Energized, Tionese, Dalarian):
Eternity Vault story mode, Eternity Vault hard mode, Karagga's Palace story mode, Karagga's Palace hard mode
Directly purchased with Tionese commendations from the fleet vendor for: defeating any HM FP boss, HM FP daily quest, HM FP weekly quest
Any Tier 1 Hard Mode flashpoint boss

Boss Breakdown:
EV:
Annihilation Droid - Gloves
Gharj - Off-hand weapon (RE'able barrel and armoring)
Ancient Pylons (Pants)
Infernal Council (Boots)
Soa - Chest (normal tier), Main Hand Weapon (Sub-Tier), Armoring (random stat, nsb)

KP:
Bonethrasher - Head
Jarg & Sorno - Belt (non-moddable)
Foreman Crusher - Bracers (non-moddable)
Heavy Fabricator Droid - Relic
Karagga the Unyielding - Main Hand Weapon (normal tier), Chest (Sub-Tier)

LvL56 mods and enhancements (Exotech, Columi):
Eternity Vault story mode, Eternity Vault hard mode, Karagga's Palace story mode, Karagga's Palace hard mode,
Explosive Conflict (Denova) story mode, Terror from Beyond (Asation) story mode
Directly Purchased with Columi Commendations from the fleet vendor for: HM FP daily quest, HM FP weekly quest
Tier 1 flashpoint final bosses
Tier 2 flashpoint bosses

Denova:
Zorn & Toth - Pants, Bracers
Firebrand & Stormcaller - Off-hand Weapon, Belt
Colonel Vorgath - Chest, Gloves
Kephess - Main Hand Weapon, Head, Armoring (random stat, nsb)

Asation:
Withering Horror - Chest (Sub-Tier)
Heirad, Ciphas & Kel'sara - Gloves
Operator IX - Boots
Kephess the Undying - Off-hand Weapon
The Terror from Beyond - sorry can't remember think it's head or main-hand

Tier 1 flashpoint final bosses:
The Esseles/Black Talon - Bracers
Taral V/Boarding Party - Gloves
Maelstrom Prison/The Foundry - Boots
Directive 7 - Pants
The Battle of Ilum - Off-Hand
The False Emperor - Chest
Kaon Under Siege - Head

LvL58 mods and enhancements (Rakata):
Eternity Vault hard mode, Eternity Vault nightmare mode, Karagga's Palace hard mode, Karagga's Palace nightmare mode (for sure), Explosive Conflict story mode, Terror from Beyond story mode (i think)
Tier 2 flashpoint final boss - Chest (normal tier), main hand weapon (Sub-Tier)

LvL61 mods and enhancements (Black Hole, Campaign):
Explosive Conflict hard mode, The Nightmare Pilgrim - Boots, Dreadtooth
Directly purchased with BH commendations from the BH vendor on the fleet for any operation weekly quest, group finder daily quest, rakghoul weekly quest, new space mission quests

LvL63 mods and enhancements (Dread Guard, Hazmat):
Terror from Beyond hard mode, Explosive Conflict nightmare mode, Dreadtooth

P.S: Item modifications below lvl61 probably won't sell very well on the GTN. Campaign and Dread Guard mods, armorings, enhancements and barrels are always hot, highly sought-after items.

Hope this wall of text helped you understand how endgame reverse engineering works.

EDIT: Forgot to put in:

Grade 22 - LvL50 - Prototype (random unqiue gear from daily boxes, Specialty Boxes after 1.6 purchased with Tionese Crystals - 25 each)
Grade 23 - LvL51 - Tionese, Energized, Dalarian
Grade 24 - LvL56 - Columi, Exotech
Grade 25 - LvL58 - Rakata
Grade 26 - LvL61 - Campaign, Black Hole
Grade 27 - LvL63 - Dread Guard, Hazmat
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Mawduce
12.02.2012 , 11:31 PM | #6
maybe Biochem still. those pots are nice man.
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...