Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why is pvp not getting better, ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
why is pvp not getting better, ever

filipesantana
11.30.2012 , 01:53 PM | #1
Community

Hands down the worst pvp community ever seen in the online gaming history.
Cant really complain since we are talking about a game catered to sw fans, pve based etc...so from the start we could guess that the pvp wouldn't be outstanding compared to what is out there(talking about competitive pvp)

BUT, the community is proving to be one of the biggest "walls" to not let pvp in the game get better.

If you compare what you find on this forums to other online (serious) gaming pvp forums you will see how these swtor pvp forums are a joke.

Everything that is asked,argued, discussed, explained and DEFENDED goes against competitive online pvp basics.And the thing is, its a majority we are talking about here, and that will drag the pvp quality down, not contribute to the devs or the game development and in the end, ultimately, will kill pvp and have somewhat an effect in the game itself(even though the pvp community is a minority in this kind of mmo)

If you go through some pages on this threads you can find things like:

"pls make it easier to get gear" kind of welfare begs..
"dont make it cross servers because that will RUIN the community"..(lol)
"Teaming up is wrong and shouldn't be allowed"
"keyboard turning and clicking are NOT BAD"
"pls dont put rated pvp ingame"(before rated wzs got here)
"pls dont put arenas ingame" (i assure you they will get here to..)
"pls dont put rating requirements on gear"
"PLS keep up this system where "time" is rewarded and not "skill"
"Swtor pvp has a lot pf depth, specs are ahrd to play, classes are hard to master" (lmao)
etc

etc

etc

Everything aimed at an exaggerated non competitive casual pvp sistem.If we as a community dont ask for it to be competitive, ti wont ever be, and soon it will become boring and stall...Casual gamers can co-exist with competitive ones btu there has to be a difference, and perks for both sides.

You CAN be CASUAL AND COMPETITIVE...take wow for exmaple..you can get top pvp titles playing 10 arenas per week...thjats like..2 hours TOPS of game play per week..it cant get more casual then that mmo wise..Still it remains competitive..rewarding titles and gear upon accomplishments..(no this is not a swtor vs wow thread..dont turn it into it, it was jsut an example)

If we keep going liek this this community wont ever evolve..the gameplay will keep going down..epopel will go from playing bad or below average to even worse...etc..

(sorry for my english)

UGLYMRJ
11.30.2012 , 02:05 PM | #2
Agree with the general point of this thread. Catering to the casual, non-competitive player base by giving them an easy mode would be a bad thing for the games longevity. We've seen them do this already and I really hope the trend doesn't continue.

Theodulus
11.30.2012 , 02:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Agree with the general point of this thread. Catering to the casual, non-competitive player base by giving them an easy mode would be a bad thing for the games longevity. We've seen them do this already and I really hope the trend doesn't continue.
So basically remove normal warzones and only allow ranked warzones? Then all the pro-PvP:ers get their high level competition PvP and all is fine? Unless all those pro-PvP:ers that left with 1.2 come back you aren't going to whip the remaining casuals to become world contenders in PvP. Just like in real life only a small percent can become world contenders.

UGLYMRJ
11.30.2012 , 02:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
So basically remove normal warzones and only allow ranked warzones? Then all the pro-PvP:ers get their high level competition PvP and all is fine? Unless all those pro-PvP:ers that left with 1.2 come back you aren't going to whip the remaining casuals to become world contenders in PvP. Just like in real life only a small percent can become world contenders.
You should try to twist what I said more...

I'm pretty sure you could fabricate more assumptions from my comment.

filipesantana
11.30.2012 , 02:39 PM | #5
you are missing the point, nothign of what i said or UGLYMRJ said is related with removing normal wzs..

Normal WZS can be there, the problem is with poeple wanting IT to be all about NORMAL...about gettign welfare gear..about no effort ...no skill mesure..no anything.And on top of that arguing about the wrong stuff and overall not contribuiting for anything..pvp..or game wise, ruining any sort of Competitiveness that should be naturally tied with pvp.

People REFUSE to improve, get better, get competitive and anythign that threatns free welfare or no effort is BAD..

Theodulus
11.30.2012 , 02:45 PM | #6
You should try to twist what I said more...

I'm pretty sure you could fabricate more assumptions from my comment.
It sounded like QQ about casuals and them being the the evil persons in this game. Much of the QQ from casuals stem from them being forced to meet the elite that completely rolls them. Some complains about premades and some about gear to find a reason for their apparent suckage. We would see less QQ if the bads only met bads and the good people only met the good people. Until x-server and matchmaking everyone are just going to have to enjoy the QQ from exactly everyone.

filipesantana
11.30.2012 , 02:51 PM | #7
It sounded like QQ about casuals and them being the the evil persons in this game. Much of the QQ from casuals stem from them being forced to meet the elite that completely rolls them. Some complains about premades and some about gear to find a reason for their apparent suckage. We would see less QQ if the bads only met bads and the good people only met the good people. Until x-server and matchmaking everyone are just going to have to enjoy the QQ from exactly everyone.
well if on top of the matchmaking and the x server queue you add Rating requirmeents on gear and season tittles upon rating ranks then pvp would actualy start to get competitive again...bads will always cry no matter what

Emperor-Norton
11.30.2012 , 02:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
"pls make it easier to get gear" kind of welfare begs..
"PLS keep up this system where "time" is rewarded and not "skill"

(sorry for my english)
Don't those two contradict? I always chuckle at the thought of "Hardcore" PvPers claiming that PvP should be about your skill, then ask for Vertical Gear Progression to remain in place. They point is that they just want to faceroll people with their stat advantages to justify their epeen.

If English isn't your native language, it is much better than that of most on this forum; and they don't apologize for their grammar.

cashogy
11.30.2012 , 02:54 PM | #9
this. its a bad trend that needs to be reversed asap

Theodulus
11.30.2012 , 03:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
well if on top of the matchmaking and the x server queue you add Rating requirmeents on gear and season tittles upon rating ranks then pvp would actualy start to get competitive again...bads will always cry no matter what
Yeah that's true but I doubt PvP can be saved with the above unless we get a huge population boom. And yes bads will QQ as will just about everyone else too. And I suspect that many "good" players are going to complain that they have to face competent opposition lol.