Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How does end-game equipment work?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How does end-game equipment work?

Gidrea
11.30.2012 , 08:34 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sahag View Post
Thank you for asking I have been wondering about this. These posts cleared almost everything up, however how do you get the commendations. No one seems to know that
Daily Commendations are awarded for the Daily Missions on Ilum, Belsavis, the Black Hole, and Section X.

Bosses in hard mode flashpoints drop daily comms, tionese crystals, and tionese comms.

The Daily Mission for a hard mode flashpoints, and the weekly mission for 3, awards Tionese and Columi Comms. (You get this mission at the Daily Mission Terminal on the fleet).

Black Hole comms are awarded from the Black Hole and Section X weeklies, and you can get 5 per day for running a hard mode flashpoint through group finder.

There may be other places, too.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Randava / Lexä / Procaffeincia - The Harbinger
Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you choose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Draloch
11.30.2012 , 11:55 PM | #12
Here's a list (from memory) of everything you can do to get BH comms:

DAILY:

Run a hard mode tier 1 or tier 2 flashpoint and complete it using the group finder. Note that you must have all the available flashpoints for that tier highlighted to get the daily group finder reward. If you're still working on gearing up, stick to just the tier 1 flashpoints. Tier 2 is just one flashpoint at this time and it's pretty tough. (I consider this the easiest way to get tokens)

Also, the supplies area quest terminal on fleet will have a daily and weekly quest to run hard mode flashpoints. If you're running a hard mode flashpoint for the daily group finder reward, you might as well hit up the quest terminal before you start and "double dip" on the rewards for completing the flashpoint. The reward is columi tokens for the quest, but they can still be useful.

Weekly:

Complete a full set of dailies in the black hole area. Make sure you pick up the weekly quest from the quest terminal there before you start. (The black hole area can be accessed by flying to corellia and looking for the shuttle just outside the spaceport. The shuttle door will have a whole list of areas you can go to when you click it and most of those areas give you the same list so it's a convenient way to get around).

Complete a full set of dailies in the section x area. Same notes apply as the black hole area weekly.

Run a story mode operation and complete it using the group finder. There are only 2 story mode operations that you can do this way (Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace) so you can technically do this twice per week. Also, you will probably not be successful finding a group for this by just signing up solo in the group finder, so what you should do is organize a group on fleet that has 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 dps and then have the operation leader sign the whole group up for a random operation. There are a few annoying details that I'm leaving out so that I don't turn this into a wall of text, but that's the important steps.

Get the weekly quest to kill 2 bosses in hard mode Eternity Vault or Karagga's Palace, get an 8 person operation team together and go kill the first 2 bosses of one of those operations with it set to hard mode. The weekly quest is available from the supplies area quest box on the fleet.

Get the weekly quest to complete hard mode Kaon Under Seige and Lost Island flashpoints. The weekly quest is available from the supplies area quest terminal box on the fleet. Be aware that Lost Island is the sole tier 2 flashpoint at this level and will take good gear, skill, and a good team to beat.

The harder operations can be run once per week and each boss in them drops black hole commendations. You'll need gear and skill and a good team to do them, but it is a significant way of collecting tokens once you're experienced at the game.

EDLS
12.02.2012 , 11:13 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Draloch View Post
Here's a list (from memory) of everything you can do to get BH comms:

DAILY:
Run a hard mode tier 1 or tier 2 flashpoint and complete it using the group finder...
Weekly:
Complete a full set of dailies in the black hole area. Make sure you pick up the weekly quest ...
The harder operations can be run once per week ....
<long sigh> Gee... I was hoping for a nice distraction from daily RL, not a whole new Lifestyle -- which is what it appears I have stepped into at end game... I tend to like to solo stuff, cuz my RL "offers" so many interruptions - I hate to have to stop in the middle of a fight cuz my Companion (aka The Wife) walks in the room and (go figure) wants me to revert to husband-mode on demand. ( For the uninitiated, that's a RL Flashpoint, entitled "Pay Attention or I'll Reboot Your PC" -- all modes are greyed out but it runs anyway... I think it came with this nice Ring, packaged with the Super Deluxe Collectors' Edition ...I'm on my 4th one, btw. Heh. Don't ask.)

I guess my inexperience at endgame-style for a directed type of MMO game has suddenly dropped me into a new universe, populated by people with more time on their hands than I have... At least in SWG I could substitute money for time - it does not appear to me I can get away with that in this one. Which is okay, I'm just not into the whole "I'm-a-better-gamer-than-you-are" mentality that IMHO pervades the higher level players I've encountered in the past (in other games, I haven't been here long enough to say that about swtor yet). Guess I'll just have to dive in and test the waters...
⋐‖║╿╿╿╿║▀▀°▀║‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾)

happysister
12.02.2012 , 11:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EDLS View Post
I'm just not into the whole "I'm-a-better-gamer-than-you-are" mentality that IMHO pervades the higher level players I've encountered in the past (in other games, I haven't been here long enough to say that about swtor yet). Guess I'll just have to dive in and test the waters...
there will always be snobs in these kinds of games, but for the most part, people around here are patient and willing to help new ones if you let them know that you're new and inexperienced. to be honest, it really doesn't take that long to get yourself into tionese/columi, unless you're horribly unlucky when running HMs. and columi is fine for running HMs and SM Ops.
Lorhin - Sharpshooter Gunslinger
Sashel - Sawbones Scoundrel