Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM TFB Writhing Horror Bugged?

Fayme
11.30.2012 , 12:00 PM | #1
This last week our raid team, who has downed the first 3 bosses in HM TFB, encountered issues with the first boss. The first night, the 3rd set of adds (the little ones not the jealous male) would spawn without a red pool to jump into. This happened at 3 times in a row. So we reset the instance and re-killed the trash, to then have the same thing happen in the next 2 attempts. So we thought, eh let's go progress in NiM EC.

Two days later (which was yesterday) the adds on the first boss bugged again, this time they would spawn one at a time randomly. I decided to write a ticket about it.

I'm posting this to see if anyone has had this problem within this last week. Before this week there were no problems at all with the adds spawning without a pool or one at a time randomly. It gave me the sense of bugged Soa all over again. /end rant.
SWTOR PvP = nerf teams of stunlocking operatives to create teams of stunlocking [insert any AC here]

SturmUndSterne
11.30.2012 , 12:09 PM | #2
Simple explanations:

(Note: In all explanations, debuff is the implanted larva debuff that the boss gives, not the one that creates the yellow circle)

If your tank drops and they have stacks of the debuff on them, adds will come from their body.

If your tank fails to hold aggro and a DPS gets a tick of the debuff on them, when the debuff wears off it'll spawn an add.

tahoeWolverine
11.30.2012 , 12:43 PM | #3
Also, make sure you are aware of all 3 pool spawns and make sure that people are not standing in them when they spawn. I have not ever seen a pool not spawn, so it's possible you're just not looking at the pool location that is farther away.
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

Fayme
11.30.2012 , 01:10 PM | #4
Well we had this boss on farm up until this week (in hardmode), however I am not sure about the whole tank aggro problem. But I can guarantee there was no pool spawn with the small adds, before or after. The first 2 set of adds worked fine and as expected with no problems, it was the 3rd set when it didn't spawn a pool.
SWTOR PvP = nerf teams of stunlocking operatives to create teams of stunlocking [insert any AC here]

Chaqen
11.30.2012 , 03:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Fayme View Post
Well we had this boss on farm up until this week (in hardmode), however I am not sure about the whole tank aggro problem. But I can guarantee there was no pool spawn with the small adds, before or after. The first 2 set of adds worked fine and as expected with no problems, it was the 3rd set when it didn't spawn a pool.
It seems like it would be sorta odd to have an agro issues that late in the fight...someone could of accidentally taunted... but doesnt explain the fact that it happen multiple times unless someone in your guild is trolling the group.

The best thing to do is to constantly watch the target of target; if he targets anyone besides the tank that is tanking him, you should expect for them to come early and with out a red pool being up, as well as a single add spawning shortly after, off the person that took a stack of incubation when they stole agro from the tank.
-La'Mis Legacy- Proud Member of Hatred and PUGS

Biskibis-Operative -- Kemenotic-Marauder -- Chaqen-Darksin -- Wallabe-Sniper -- Belsapher-Mercenary

CideEffeX
11.30.2012 , 11:01 PM | #6
Our group was in HM tonight and he kept enraging around 40%. Don't know what's going on.

Gyronamics
11.30.2012 , 11:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CideEffeX View Post
Our group was in HM tonight and he kept enraging around 40%. Don't know what's going on.
Not nearly enough dps on the boss is the usual reason for enrage at 40%

Flying-Brian
11.30.2012 , 11:27 PM | #8
When you were having your problems, did the jealous male spawn?

If the jealous male did not spawn, it was your tank loosing agro.

Fayme
12.01.2012 , 07:21 AM | #9
The jealous male did spawn. On thursday (Nov. 29th), the small adds were spawning one at a time randomly after the first set worked as expected. A pool did spawn during this random spawning moment. It's completely frustrating to go from trying to progress though an instance normally to having to back-step and beat what appears to be a bug. At least Soa was the last boss in the instance, not the first. /sigh

kanare
12.01.2012 , 08:43 AM | #10
no bug with it we did it with 13 people on hard mode this week very easy fight ..... its ever the pool was under the boss some times happens and some 1 ran though it or 1 of your dps pulled off your tank and the stacks were dropped erly .... 2 options ,