Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

Warren-Stride
11.30.2012 , 05:54 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
T-Canon lore smashed that Idea, as they are stated to be wearing Mandalorian armor, they even have a line or two as far as I know where they go on about how impressive that armor is, fast-forward, their lightsabers are dicing them easily.

It's called retconning, Lucas didn't like it, it's not canon anymore or at the very least, it isn't nearly as effective as it once was.
So Exar Kun is magically able to slice through Beskar now? Seems legit.....

Rayla_Felana
11.30.2012 , 05:56 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
So Exar Kun is magically able to slice through Beskar now? Seems legit.....
Nobody likes Retconning, it's like the changes made to the original trilogy, but it happens.

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 06:42 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Concerning Krath War droids, they were built to fight Jedi - surely then they would be ineffective against Mandalorians? They were designed for 1v1 melee duels. I doubt there blaster bolt deflection is very high, especially seeing as the wield vibroblades. It seems to me that a group of Mandalorians could easily surround one of these droids and gun it down.

I also believe further discussion is needed concerning ground forces. Both the Krath and the Massassi seem very melee based while the Mandalorians favour long range/short range fire. So Kun's forces need to get in close to deal damage, and by that point the Mandalorians could have gunned them down. But when they do get in close, only the Mandalorians armour can defend them. Mind you, wasn't it built of a substance that resists lightsabers? Surely this would work on vibroblades etc as well?

Basically its melee vs ranged.

Let the ground battle tactics Kaggath begin!
That's a great point about the Krath War droids and I completely agree with you on that.

So we need to look at ground forces now?
- I'll take ranged over melee any day. History has proven the effectiveness of ranged over melee. Compare a rifle to a sword and there you have it. Granted this is the Star Wars universe and things are a little different.

Mando Army
Well trained honor bound warriors who have studied war there whole lives. They have excellent tech on their side and beast armor. Yes, the armor isn't what it used to be, but we can fairly say that this armor will be relatively resistant to vibro-blades. Oh, and there are Basilisk War Droids. Pretty awesome.

Kun's Army
First word that comes to mind: Hybrid. This army is a beautiful mix of Dark Jedi, Massassi, Krath, and beasts! This mixed up army won't be extremely organized due to the varience (spelling?). However Kun's army is gonna be BEAST at short range.

Kun's army = fierce/chaotic/crazy
MtU's army = organized/effecient/driven

I honestly think this is an EXTREMELY fun match up! So many different warriors here!

So who has the edge? Soldier vs Soldier I would give it to Kun. HOWEVER MtU's men will be more organized due to several things. If MtU can come up with some impressive tactics, I give him the edge. I think this land battle greatly depends on MtU's ability to fully utilize the discipline of his men. So overall, I give this particular edge to MtU. Does that sound right? Y'all's thoughts?

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 06:53 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
That's a great point about the Krath War droids and I completely agree with you on that.

So we need to look at ground forces now?
- I'll take ranged over melee any day. History has proven the effectiveness of ranged over melee. Compare a rifle to a sword and there you have it. Granted this is the Star Wars universe and things are a little different.

Mando Army
Well trained honor bound warriors who have studied war there whole lives. They have excellent tech on their side and beast armor. Yes, the armor isn't what it used to be, but we can fairly say that this armor will be relatively resistant to vibro-blades. Oh, and there are Basilisk War Droids. Pretty awesome.

Kun's Army
First word that comes to mind: Hybrid. This army is a beautiful mix of Dark Jedi, Massassi, Krath, and beasts! This mixed up army won't be extremely organized due to the varience (spelling?). However Kun's army is gonna be BEAST at short range.

Kun's army = fierce/chaotic/crazy
MtU's army = organized/effecient/driven

I honestly think this is an EXTREMELY fun match up! So many different warriors here!

So who has the edge? Soldier vs Soldier I would give it to Kun. HOWEVER MtU's men will be more organized due to several things. If MtU can come up with some impressive tactics, I give him the edge. I think this land battle greatly depends on MtU's ability to fully utilize the discipline of his men. So overall, I give this particular edge to MtU. Does that sound right? Y'all's thoughts?
You should also note that the Krath War Droids have a long-ranged pulse type weapon (something like the Predator I think, though I don't think it's as powerful). They also move very fast, covering great distances at speed. Not only that, but they are droids. They can identify the spaces in which the Mando's armor doesn't cover and attack with deadly efficiency. So now we have decapitations and amputations all over the place at incredible speeds.

I do think Mandalore's ranged weapons give him an advantage, but that can be quickly overcome by these droids. While the Mando's are busy trying to contend with the droids, the Krath, Massassi and Sith move to engage.

The diversity of troops we have here is incredible. I think that is what wins Kun this battle. But I don't think it will be a blow-out. Mandalore will put up a good fight, especially with those Basilisks, but it wont be enough.
Added Chapter 63 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Ausstig
11.30.2012 , 07:14 PM | #75
Another point about the Krath War Droids, is that they are programmed to go after the biggest threats first. So the best fighters will go down first.

Also are the Ketos part of Kun's army in this exercise?

If so Kun wins hands down.
Have Force lightning will travel

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 07:22 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
Another point about the Krath War Droids, is that they are programmed to go after the biggest threats first. So the best fighters will go down first.

Also are the Ketos part of Kun's army in this exercise?

If so Kun wins hands down.
That's one of the reasons the droids were deployed in such large numbers. They basically wipe out an army systematically.

As to the Ketos. Maybe. The rules say that prominent allies are excluded, so probably not. Though Kun would win with them.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 07:47 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
You should also note that the Krath War Droids have a long-ranged pulse type weapon (something like the Predator I think, though I don't think it's as powerful). They also move very fast, covering great distances at speed. Not only that, but they are droids. They can identify the spaces in which the Mando's armor doesn't cover and attack with deadly efficiency. So now we have decapitations and amputations all over the place at incredible speeds.

I do think Mandalore's ranged weapons give him an advantage, but that can be quickly overcome by these droids. While the Mando's are busy trying to contend with the droids, the Krath, Massassi and Sith move to engage.

The diversity of troops we have here is incredible. I think that is what wins Kun this battle. But I don't think it will be a blow-out. Mandalore will put up a good fight, especially with those Basilisks, but it wont be enough.
Yeah, I'm kinda nerding out due to the awesome warriors we have here.

But I think that the discipline of the Mando's combined with MtU's leadership is gonna give MtU a slight advantage overall on the battlefield. In a nutshell: Mandos dominate when Kun is at range, once Kun and his men are at close range, they nearly make up for the loses they had whilst being shot at.

One thing to consider about Kun's army: Their defense is lacking. When the Mandos attack, they'll be shooting at Kun's men from a distance. So basically, Kun has to keep up a constant attack through a land war. So Kun is gonna learn this lesson early in the war (so it's not gonna be TOO costly for him). With that in mind, his land forces will be on a almost constant attack.

Now if I'm MtU, I entrench my men. I've got the Basilisks flying overhead to prevent an attack from air, and the second Kun's army starts coming at me I move the Basilisks to focus on the land forces. A battle involving high casulties for both sides would occur, but Kun's army would suffer this battle a bit more methinks.

With that in mind, MtU is set up pretty nicely for land-warfare (assuming he plays his advantagous correctly)

BUT let's look how Revan defeated MtU. He countered his agressive tactics. Kun is gonna have tactics that are even more agressive then Revan's. So Kun is looking pretty good in this since. I feel after the war goes on for a while Kun is gonna find how to use his wide variety of tools (tools meaning all his different warriors) to best counter the Mandos. With that in mind, MtU wins most of the early battles. Kun wins later battles IF he uses his wild army effeciantly. Chaos = bad for Kun.

Ausstig
11.30.2012 , 07:48 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That's one of the reasons the droids were deployed in such large numbers. They basically wipe out an army systematically.

As to the Ketos. Maybe. The rules say that prominent allies are excluded, so probably not. Though Kun would win with them.
So no Fett or demongle (sp?) for Mado U?

I would say Kun again, Mado U was a good leader but owed many of his greatest victories to Fett's tactics.

Edit: does the ship kun used to create a supernova count as a super-weapon? It destroyed it self so it would only be a one off.
Have Force lightning will travel

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 07:57 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Yeah, I'm kinda nerding out due to the awesome warriors we have here.

But I think that the discipline of the Mando's combined with MtU's leadership is gonna give MtU a slight advantage overall on the battlefield. In a nutshell: Mandos dominate when Kun is at range, once Kun and his men are at close range, they nearly make up for the loses they had whilst being shot at.

One thing to consider about Kun's army: Their defense is lacking. When the Mandos attack, they'll be shooting at Kun's men from a distance. So basically, Kun has to keep up a constant attack through a land war. So Kun is gonna learn this lesson early in the war (so it's not gonna be TOO costly for him). With that in mind, his land forces will be on a almost constant attack.

Now if I'm MtU, I entrench my men. I've got the Basilisks flying overhead to prevent an attack from air, and the second Kun's army starts coming at me I move the Basilisks to focus on the land forces. A battle involving high casulties for both sides would occur, but Kun's army would suffer this battle a bit more methinks.

With that in mind, MtU is set up pretty nicely for land-warfare (assuming he plays his advantagous correctly)

BUT let's look how Revan defeated MtU. He countered his agressive tactics. Kun is gonna have tactics that are even more agressive then Revan's. So Kun is looking pretty good in this since. I feel after the war goes on for a while Kun is gonna find how to use his wide variety of tools (tools meaning all his different warriors) to best counter the Mandos. With that in mind, MtU wins most of the early battles. Kun wins later battles IF he uses his wild army effeciantly. Chaos = bad for Kun.
You actually do bring up a good point, but I would like to add to it. While Kun's forces will take some heavy losses, they won't amount to much once the battle closes to melee range. The Krath droids will get in first and start the massacre, giving time for Kun's other warriors to move in. Once Kun and his warriors get in, that's when the bloodbath starts. These guys Kun has are merciless monsters that kill everything. Ruthless, murderous, raving monsters that will kill anything Kun tells them to. Once the battle closes in to melee range, the Mandalorians get slaughtered.

This is how Kun wins, but not at the cost of many soldiers. In the end, though, Kun will be the victor. The Mandalorians kill-to-death ratio will not be good. Especially when Exar Kun himself joins the fray, and we all know he's going to be on the front lines.

Mandalore loses, but it should be fairly close.

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 07:59 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
So no Fett or demongle (sp?) for Mado U?

I would say Kun again, Mado U was a good leader but owed many of his greatest victories to Fett's tactics.

Edit: does the ship kun used to create a supernova count as a super-weapon? It destroyed it self so it would only be a one off.
I don't know. I know Cassus Fett and Canderous are out. Along with Ulic and Kun's other prominant allies.

As for the superweapon. I don't know. It probably wont be allowed.