Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 05:31 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Beskar'gam
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_iron

And look at this awesome quote:
"By the Force! I thought a lightsaber could cut through anything. The walls are barely scratched. The only thing that can resist a lightsaber is…Mandalorian iron!" ―Exar Kun, regarding Freedon Nadd's tomb

Beskar was nearly indestructable. Exar Kun had trouble cutting through a door, I don't think he'll be slashing through a Mandalorian army anytime soon. If Exar Kun's lightsaber can't cut through Mandalorian armor, what makes his other forces able to defeat Mandos?

Beskar is used from ships as well. Mandalore's Army has MUCH better armor, and, with their war machines (also with Beskar) I don't see how Kun's army would be able to take them down.
They'd win the same way Revan's Jedi won. Beskar isn't invincible. How do you think Revan won the war?

And this:

Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Unfortunately, all of that uber-armor stuff has been retconned to hell.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

YoshiRaphElan
11.30.2012 , 05:31 PM | #62
Tell me, what armor does Mandalore have that stops Exar from taking his head clean off with a force blast? oh and how will he stop Kun from crippling his brain with his mind? Will he be able to stand up against a master of the lightsaber form that makes you an expert in balanced combat? .
Point made. I just don't like Exar Kun.

Beniboybling
11.30.2012 , 05:35 PM | #63
Concerning Krath War droids, they were built to fight Jedi - surely then they would be ineffective against Mandalorians? They were designed for 1v1 melee duels. I doubt there blaster bolt deflection is very high, especially seeing as the wield vibroblades. It seems to me that a group of Mandalorians could easily surround one of these droids and gun it down.

I also believe further discussion is needed concerning ground forces. Both the Krath and the Massassi seem very melee based while the Mandalorians favour long range/short range fire. So Kun's forces need to get in close to deal damage, and by that point the Mandalorians could have gunned them down. But when they do get in close, only the Mandalorians armour can defend them. Mind you, wasn't it built of a substance that resists lightsabers? Surely this would work on vibroblades etc as well?

Basically its melee vs ranged.

Let the ground battle tactics Kaggath begin!

Vacarius
11.30.2012 , 05:37 PM | #64
I'd personally think space should be the main decider of this. After all, the largest army in existence can't do much against an orbital bombardment. Also note that Revan defeated the Mandalorians in part due to the mass shadow generator, which as a super weapon makes it harder to say Revan's fleet>Mandalore's if we can't count super weapons.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

Warren-Stride
11.30.2012 , 05:37 PM | #65
Unfortunately, all of that uber-armor stuff has been retconned to hell.
I don't know what that means.....

Rayla_Felana
11.30.2012 , 05:40 PM | #66
I don't know what that means.....
In other words, that awesome armor? not so awesome anymore, I'd give you examples of how Beskar is basically nothing now, but there are so many I wouldn't know where to start, basically the whole thing was finalised due to the many discrepancies in the EU, when the Jedi sliced and diced Death Squad or whatever they are called in the Clone Wars.

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 05:42 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Concerning Krath War droids, they were built to fight Jedi - surely then they would be ineffective against Mandalorians? They were designed for 1v1 melee duels. I doubt there blaster bolt deflection is very high, especially seeing as the wield vibroblades. It seems to me that a group of Mandalorians could easily surround one of these droids and gun it down.

I also believe further discussion is needed concerning ground forces. Both the Krath and the Massassi seem very melee based while the Mandalorians favour long range/short range fire. So Kun's forces need to get in close to deal damage, and by that point the Mandalorians could have gunned them down. But when they do get in close, only the Mandalorians armour can defend them. Mind you, wasn't it built of a substance that resists lightsabers? Surely this would work on vibroblades etc as well?

Basically its melee vs ranged.

Let the ground battle tactics Kaggath begin!
Kun's forces seem to have fared well against the Republic. Kun's army gets in close through the use of the environment. If they were fighting on a wasteland or plain of some-sort, then Mandalore would have a better chance.

Now we should note that the War Droids were also very fast, covering distance at great speed. They also had range weapons. A type of pulse cannon. So it's not really melee versus ranged. While many of Kun's Warriors were melee, he also had range. The droids were also deployed in overwhelming numbers.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Ausstig
11.30.2012 , 05:47 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I understand Traya's victory may disappoint certain people. But I did take in to account everything that was said on the forums (I even did a tally) and Traya emerged the victor. But console yourselves with this, Revan was defeated by his former master and possibly one of the greatest manipulators and galaxy has ever seen - second only to Sidious.
Don't insult our intelligence. Traya is no Sidious. No one suspected Sidious, even the jedi council. Even an untrained force sensitive could tell Traya was no good. Sidious spent years cultivating his pawns, Traya shows up and 5 min later she is preaching and telling what to do.

But if Revan does become her apprentice, which is odd because your rules say no surrender, then he will kill her in a couple of days/hours because she can't inspire loyalty.

Also I would say Exar over the Mando, casue all he need do is duel him.
Have Force lightning will travel

Warren-Stride
11.30.2012 , 05:48 PM | #69
In other words, that awesome armor? not so awesome anymore, I'd give you examples of how Beskar is basically nothing now, but there are so many I wouldn't know where to start, basically the whole thing was finalised due to the many discrepancies in the EU, when the Jedi sliced and diced Death Squad or whatever they are called in the Clone Wars.
I don't really understand how this is a valid point. Lore (as we are all so fond of) states that Beskar'gam is indestructable. Maybe those Mandos weren't wearing the "iron skin". Maybe it's not as pure as it was in MtU's time because they've used up most of it by the Clones Wars.

When Exar Kun states that he cannot cut through it, we come to one of two conclusions: Exar Kun's lightsaber is weak, which means he still won't be killing Mandos (with his lightsaber) anytime soon, or Mandalorian armor, at least in MtU's time period, can withstand lightsaber strikes.

This is not to say it is undeafeatable, only that it is a very protective set of armor every Mando has. It would give them the advantage on land.

Rayla_Felana
11.30.2012 , 05:53 PM | #70
I don't really understand how this is a valid point. Lore (as we are all so fond of) states that Beskar'gam is indestructable. Maybe those Mandos weren't wearing the "iron skin". Maybe it's not as pure as it was in MtU's time because they've used up most of it by the Clones Wars.

When Exar Kun states that he cannot cut through it, we come to one of two conclusions: Exar Kun's lightsaber is weak, which means he still won't be killing Mandos (with his lightsaber) anytime soon, or Mandalorian armor, at least in MtU's time period, can withstand lightsaber strikes.

This is not to say it is undeafeatable, only that it is a very protective set of armor every Mando has. It would give them the advantage on land.
T-Canon lore smashed that Idea, as they are stated to be wearing Mandalorian armor, they even have a line or two as far as I know where they go on about how impressive that armor is, fast-forward, their lightsabers are dicing them easily.

It's called retconning, Lucas didn't like it, it's not canon anymore or at the very least, it isn't nearly as effective as it once was.