Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

BlazingShadow
11.30.2012 , 12:44 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I would disagree. According to the Resol'nare - the tenets of the Mandalorians - the Mandalorians had to obey their Mandalore, no matter what the situation. Anyone who failed to follow the tenets would be declared dar'manda, which much like 'Mad Claw' in Wookiee culture, was tantamount to a curse. Dar'manda were considered soulless and had no place in the Mandalorian afterlife, they were not Mandalorians at all.

So to turn against Mandalore would be to reject your culture and condemn yourself to hell - no Mandalorian would want this. The Mandalorians were not Sith, they were not plagued by infighting and were extremely dedicated to their leader. Neither were they stupid, they would see the wisdom in Mandalore's decision, going against a Sith Lord in single combat would be foolish - they wanted to win. The only way a Mandalorian could challenge the leader was by seeking one on one combat himself, and seeing as Cassus Fett and Canderous are out of the battle, no one would be worthy.

Challenging Mandalore is simply not an option.
First of all, any Mandalorian can challenge Mandalore, and anyone who kills Mandalore becomes Mandalore. Whether or not they are able to defeat him is another matter, and it would be a legitimate form of dissent in their culture.

As for it not being an option of MtU to accept the duel... Sure it is, it's also a likelihood, it's in their blood to face challenge.

However, I will give MtU this: He has an advantage in space. Mandalorian Bassilisks brought Republic fleets to their knees. Exar Kun's strength in forces, well.. the Krath and Massassi were on par with eachother... but do we have a figure for how effective they would be against Mandalorians? I mean, we are talking Mandalorians. On Bassilisks.

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 12:45 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I would disagree. According to the Resol'nare - the tenets of the Mandalorians - the Mandalorians had to obey their Mandalore, no matter what the situation. Anyone who failed to follow the tenets would be declared dar'manda, which much like 'Mad Claw' in Wookiee culture, was tantamount to a curse. Dar'manda were considered soulless and had no place in the Mandalorian afterlife, they were not Mandalorians at all.

So to turn against Mandalore would be to reject your culture and condemn yourself to hell - no Mandalorian would want this. The Mandalorians were not Sith, they were not plagued by infighting and were extremely dedicated to their leader. Neither were they stupid, they would see the wisdom in Mandalore's decision, going against a Sith Lord in single combat would be foolish - they wanted to win. The only way a Mandalorian could challenge the leader was by seeking one on one combat himself, and seeing as Cassus Fett and Canderous are out of the battle, no one would be worthy.

Challenging Mandalore is simply not an option.
Well, the battle would eventually come down to the two of them eventually. Exar Kun has several powerful Sith on his side, the Krath, and Massassi Warriors on his side. While Mandalore has the superior firepower, the Sith will make all the difference.

And if Kun personally led his forces into battle, Mandalore is done. There's a reason it took the entire Jedi Order to imprison him on Yavin 4. They were afraid of him. The Jedi Masters that would easily beat the Mandalorians were afraid to face Exar Kun. Not to mention Exar Kun killed Odan-Urr with relative ease.

The Mandalorians will put up a good fight, but Exar Kun is one of the most feared Sith of all time.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

mefit
11.30.2012 , 12:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
First of all, any Mandalorian can challenge Mandalore, and anyone who kills Mandalore becomes Mandalore. Whether or not they are able to defeat him is another matter, and it would be a legitimate form of dissent in their culture.

As for it not being an option of MtU to accept the duel... Sure it is, it's also a likelihood, it's in their blood to face challenge.

However, I will give MtU this: He has an advantage in space. Mandalorian Bassilisks brought Republic fleets to their knees. Exar Kun's strength in forces, well.. the Krath and Massassi were on par with eachother... but do we have a figure for how effective they would be against Mandalorians? I mean, we are talking Mandalorians. On Bassilisks.
Kun and his Sith Massassi , would eat through Mandalorian's in such evil barbaric ways , I think the Mandalorian's would eventually become to fear Kun's forces . Revan might have ment Mando's in their level , Kun would go beyond them .
Kun is a Sithlord where Revan was not , I think we can all agree that a Sithlord would do such horrible things to the Mando's that Generations later they would talk of them like Evil Gods . They would be telling horror stories to their children of Kun .
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

BlazingShadow
11.30.2012 , 12:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Kun and his Sith Massassi , would eat through Mandalorian's in such evil barbaric ways , I think the Mandalorian's would eventually become to fear Kun's forces . Revan might have ment Mando's in their level , Kun would go beyond them .
Kun is a Sithlord where Revan was not , I think we can all agree that a Sithlord would do such horrible things to the Mando's that Generations later they would take of them like Evil Gods . They would be telling horror stories to their children of Kun .
I would believe that if
A. Massassi and Krath weren't on an even playing field
B. Ulic Qel'Droma didn't want the Mandalorians on his side.

If the Masassi were stronger than the Mandalorians and equal to the Krath, then Qel'Droma would have no need to have the Mandalorians on his side. With a Bassilisk Droid, the Mandalore that fought Ulic had a pretty even fight, but Ulic still bested him, and given that we're not just talking about a "few" Basilisk droids... I'm trying to figure out a good ratio between 'em.

Still, in a 1v1 duel, Exar Kun would win, so how do we make it to where Mandalore's forces can overrun Exar's forces and bring hell upon Kun?

mefit
11.30.2012 , 01:08 PM | #25
I would believe that if
A. Massassi and Krath weren't on an even playing field
B. Ulic Qel'Droma didn't want the Mandalorians on his side.

If the Masassi were stronger than the Mandalorians and equal to the Krath, then Qel'Droma would have no need to have the Mandalorians on his side. With a Bassilisk Droid, the Mandalore that fought Ulic had a pretty even fight, but Ulic still bested him, and given that we're not just talking about a "few" Basilisk droids... I'm trying to figure out a good ratio between 'em.

Still, in a 1v1 duel, Exar Kun would win, so how do we make it to where Mandalore's forces can overrun Exar's forces and bring hell upon Kun?
I guess if the Revan vs Mandalore never happen you would likely be saying worse because a Large amount of Revan's forces were normal Warriors with out Force Powers and they managed to beat the Mandalorians on every Level.
Oel'Droma has something Kun does not , "a Conscience" . He was often conflicted and tore from the inside . Not to mention Kun is not Qel'Droma , Jedi feared Kun . It would not be long before Mandalorians found a reason to fear him too.
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

BlazingShadow
11.30.2012 , 01:16 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
I guess if the Revan vs Mandalore never happen you would likely be saying worse because a Large amount of Revan's forces were normal Warriors with out Force Powers and they managed to beat the Mandalorians on every Level.
Oel'Droma has something Kun does not , "a Conscience" . He was often conflicted and tore from the inside . Not to mention Kun is not Qel'Droma , Jedi feared Kun . It would not be long before Mandalorians found a reason to fear him too.
Mandalorians do not fear, they respect.

And also the Republic fought the Neo-crusaders with overwhelming numbers, and yet the Mandalorians still made the Republic tremble before it fell.

But my question remains unanswered: what is the ratio of Krath/Massassi to Mandalorians and then Mandalorians on Bassilisks?

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 01:17 PM | #27
Alright I'm gonna engage in this whole "Challenge Mandalore" thing.

Beni: I has idea methinks is good

Since Mandalore is just a title, and since there are many other Mandalorians who are AS good as Mandalore (like Ordo), I think (in this Kaggath) that if Kun kills MtU, another Mandalore will rise in his place (once again - like Ordo). I think it'd be a pretty cool idea. Not only does Kun have to defeat Mandalore himself, but Kun has to defeat the entire Mandalorian army. I'm not saying that Kun has to kill every individual Mando to get victory, but he has to defeat the Mandos as a whole. Wouldn't that make it a little more interesting + give the Mandos a little boost? I feel that it's realistic 'cause that's what the Mandos actually do. Thoughts?

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 01:19 PM | #28
Mandalorians do not fear, they respect.

And also the Republic fought the Neo-crusaders with overwhelming numbers, and yet the Mandalorians still made the Republic tremble before it fell.

But my question remains unanswered: what is the ratio of Krath/Massassi to Mandalorians and then Mandalorians on Bassilisks?
Good question. Perhaps Beni (the Kaggath god) can answer this for us?

Rayla_Felana
11.30.2012 , 01:44 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post

Since Mandalore is just a title, and since there are many other Mandalorians who are AS good as Mandalore (like Ordo), I think (in this Kaggath) that if Kun kills MtU, another Mandalore will rise in his place (once again - like Ordo). I think it'd be a pretty cool idea. Not only does Kun have to defeat Mandalore himself, but Kun has to defeat the entire Mandalorian army. I'm not saying that Kun has to kill every individual Mando to get victory, but he has to defeat the Mandos as a whole. Wouldn't that make it a little more interesting + give the Mandos a little boost? I feel that it's realistic 'cause that's what the Mandos actually do. Thoughts?
You have heard of what happened when Ulic beat Mandalore right?

Aurbere
11.30.2012 , 01:54 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post

There's only one problem with that. It's actually a pretty funny problem if you think about it. If Kun beats Mandalore, which he would quite easily, then the Mandalorians have to pick a new Mandalore. They aren't just gonna go down a line and say "OK Your turn. Go get killed."

That's kind of what the scenario is like here. Exar Kun would easily beat any Mandalorian they threw at him. This guy schooled Jedi Masters with ease. He is easily one of the most powerful Sith of all time.

I like Mandalore and his chances are fairly good here, but when we get down to it, he's going to lose. The Sith at Exar Kun's command were capable of killing Jedi Masters. Mandalore the Ultimate was bested by an army of Padawans and Knights, very few masters. Combine that with the skill of the Krath and barbarism of the Massassi Warriors and we have ourselves and army that can best the Mandalorians.

But the only question I have is, how many Basilisk War Droids does Mandalore have? That's the only real thing he has going for him, but we saw how well they did against Revan's Jedi.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus