Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
12.01.2012 , 07:45 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
: Quality over Quantity anyone? XD
Didn't win the Germans the Eastern Front did it?

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
12.01.2012 , 07:58 AM | #92
Size of the Kun Sith Empire's space: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Great...eatSithWar.jpg

In comparison, the Mandalorian's space: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Manda...ndWars_Map.jpg

Yeh... I'll wager they have more resources, men and ships with a conquest that large, as well as a hell of a lot of room to strike anywhere along the Mandalorian border...

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
12.01.2012 , 08:05 AM | #93
Kun's Army (Disadvantages)

Massassi
-After Kun mutated them, they are no longer warriors, but hulking beasts
-Slow, large targets
-Not smart, savage

Krath
-No evidence for how many numbers they have
-Prone to infighting, would tear each other apart from the inside
-No particular advantage as ground troops (other than Sith Magic....?)
-Commander, the one who held them together, (Ulic Qel-Droma) is non-existant.

Krath War Droids
-Long range "Pulse-wave firing assembly" has no known use and/or what it actually does (from pulse wave we can assume it doesn't actually kill people, just knocks them back)
-Programmed ONLY to seek and destroy most powerful (they're stupid) so when that's done they're done. Would not attack Mandalorians, most likely only their War Droids, who are flying.....

Sith
-Can't cut through Mandalorian armor (with ease)
-Have been proven to be beaten by Mandalorians in the past (Jedi as well)

Foot Soldiers
-Made up the majority of Kun's army (think Imperial military troops)
-Did not have armor anywhere near as good as Mandalorians


Overall, Kun's army has many glaring weaknesses, and it seems to be so chaotic and splintered that organization would be almost impossible. Any unit of his army could be killed by Beskar-wearing Mandos.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
12.01.2012 , 08:08 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Didn't win the Germans the Eastern Front did it?
It won Malgus over Grievous.

This is the Star Wars Universe, not the real world. Comparisons in between the two don't really aid the debate.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
12.01.2012 , 08:13 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Kun's Army (Disadvantages)

Massassi
-After Kun mutated them, they are no longer warriors, but hulking beasts
-Slow, large targets
-Not smart, savage

Krath
-No evidence for how many numbers they have
-Prone to infighting, would tear each other apart from the inside
-No particular advantage as ground troops (other than Sith Magic....?)
-Commander, the one who held them together, (Ulic Qel-Droma) is non-existant.

Krath War Droids
-Long range "Pulse-wave firing assembly" has no known use and/or what it actually does (from pulse wave we can assume it doesn't actually kill people, just knocks them back)
-Programmed ONLY to seek and destroy most powerful (they're stupid) so when that's done they're done. Would not attack Mandalorians, most likely only their War Droids, who are flying.....

Sith
-Can't cut through Mandalorian armor (with ease)
-Have been proven to be beaten by Mandalorians in the past (Jedi as well)

Foot Soldiers
-Made up the majority of Kun's army (think Imperial military troops)
-Did not have armor anywhere near as good as Mandalorians


Overall, Kun's army has many glaring weaknesses, and it seems to be so chaotic and splintered that organization would be almost impossible. Any unit of his army could be killed by Beskar-wearing Mandos.
Advantage: Led by a Dark Lord of the Sith that earned all of their loyalties, all he has to do is point at a system and they'll wreck it, he also has a far larger manpool than the mandalorians do due to the size of his Empire in comparison to Mandalore's.

He can keep creating Sith War Beasts, the Krath can keep churning out legions, he can keep recruiting men from conquered worlds, he also doesn't have to worry about suffering heavy losses, Mandalore does not have such a privilege.

MtU is outnumbered, again, but this time his opponents are much tougher and far more aggressive.

Mandalore also doesn't have Cassus Fett, who led many of his victories and close defeats against the Jedi.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
12.01.2012 , 08:15 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
It won Malgus over Grievous.

This is the Star Wars Universe, not the real world. Comparisons in between the two don't really aid the debate.
The analogy is still relevant and Mandalore doesn't have a legion of Sith and a stealthed fleet with a stealthed battle station.

What Exar Kun does have is this immense beauty:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CX-133_Chaos_fighter

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.01.2012 , 08:36 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post

He can keep creating Sith War Beasts, the Krath can keep churning out legions, he can keep recruiting men from conquered worlds, he also doesn't have to worry about suffering heavy losses, Mandalore does not have such a privilege.
Could he? The Krath seem like an elite cultist organisation who don't accept any Tom, Dick and Harry into there ranks. And the Massassi Warriors speak for themselves. I doubt many would be eager to join the ranks of ancient pureblood savages, twisted dark side spawn and fanatical cultists. Nor can I see anyone wanting to join the Sith to fight Mandalorians. And one does not simply 'churn out legions'

The Mandalorians however specialize in recruitment. The whole purpose of the Neo-Crusaders was the encourage people from conquered worlds etc to join there ranks. So the Mandalorian Army would swell also.

Judging from those maps however, while its doesn't outline territory, the Kun conquest was far larger implying he had a wealth of troops - enough to overwhelm the Mandalorians. We also have to consider morale. Many people would be eager to join up arms against the Republic, especially in the Outer Rim where disdain was strongest. But against Exar Kun's Empire? There fearsome forces would probably put people off joining the Mandalorians as much as it would put them off joining Exar Kun.

And concerning Krath War Droids, consult this image. They had these kinda bow things which fired pulse waves. I assume they had a fatal effect. I could see these ranged weapons as a counter to the basilisk war droids effectively enough, which there programming would direct them to attack. But in terms of firepower the Basiliks have a clear advantage and while they draw the war droids fire the Mandalorians could gun them down.

Again, these armies seem evenly matched. But what of orbital bombardment? If the Mandalorians could get a space advantage, they could bombard Kun's armies from above. Much like they did at Serroco, but minus the nuclear weapons (isn't it interesting that even in Star Wars nuclear weapons are still devastatingly powerful?)

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
12.01.2012 , 08:44 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Could he? The Krath seem like an elite cultist organisation who don't accept any Tom, Dick and Harry into there ranks. And the Massassi Warriors speak for themselves. I doubt many would be eager to join the ranks of ancient pureblood savages, twisted dark side spawn and fanatical cultists. Nor can I see anyone wanting to join the Sith to fight Mandalorians. And one does not simply 'churn out legions'
It's called join us or die, typical Sith tactic. oh and the Krath legions were quite vast and hit many worlds across the inner rim at once, they also had it as basically a requirement like the British once did to have conscription into the regular military, also the Massassi won't replenish, but those Sith War beasts can simply be created over and over, I'd like to see how the mandalorians handle a couple a dozen Terentateks smashing into their ranks.

One thing to consider in space is that those Chaos Fighters can turn the tide of a battle in minutes, the Republic got butchered by these things over and over in numerous engagements across space.

Then we have the fact that those new Sith Acolytes are getting more and more powerful, they are going to get immensely strong after a few battles, they'll be effective leaders to the point where individual hordes can strike at multiple worlds without a care in the world but carnage.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
12.01.2012 , 09:45 AM | #99
I believe the forces are very evenly matched. So in the end, I think the big factor is gonna be
LEADERSHIP
I mean this in a general since. Who's gonna make the most of their men? I think MtU (being Mando) is gonna start with some early victories due to his disciplined and organization of the Mandos. So it all comes down (imo) to how well Kun can adapt and use his hybrid war machine to it's fullest.

I have decided however that MtU will lose. There is no way about it. Originally I was looking to Revan's army to draw a comparison between the two. I was thinking: "If Kun can beat Revan, then he can certainly beat MtU." But now I see that biggest difference between the two is this: Revan has Jedi, while Kun has Darksiders.

Y'all are thinking "DUH! That's obvious!" But remember, Sith can feed of the emotions of their opponents. And Mandos, being very driven and zealous, are gonna be feeding the rage of the Sith. Whereas the Mandos weren't feeding Revan's army at all.

So yeah.. I'm afraid Mandos just aren't a good counter for Sith. The best counter for a Sith is obviously a Jedi, because they don't have emotion and accordingly won't feed the Sith's rage. Don't get me wrong though; MtU won't go down without a fight!

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.01.2012 , 10:01 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
But now I see that biggest difference between the two is this: Revan has Jedi, while Kun has Darksiders.

Y'all are thinking "DUH! That's obvious!" But remember, Sith can feed of the emotions of their opponents. And Mandos, being very driven and zealous, are gonna be feeding the rage of the Sith. Whereas the Mandos weren't feeding Revan's army at all.
May I point out however, that Kun only has around 20 Sith - whereas the Revanchists numbered in the hundreds. So I doubt we are going to see hundreds of Sith lords carving Mando's to pieces. Rather a handful of dark Jedi leading select forces into battle.