Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are free respecs messing with PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Are free respecs messing with PvP?

MelliMelon
11.30.2012 , 10:01 AM | #1
Just wondering the PvP community's thoughts on this. It is not unheard of to have people respec to tank hybrid/healing specs during the phase switch on voidstar, or if they capture a node in CW or NC, not to mention all the people respeccing for huttball. I feel like this negatively impacts gameplay, but I have done it myself as well, and see the lure of it, especially in a bad pug.

Do you find it to be a problem? In ranked? In normals? Should BW do something about it (like disable respecs after the start of a match? Some other thing?)

Veniras
11.30.2012 , 10:04 AM | #2
I have done it myself at a start of match depending on map.

That said, I do consider it an exploit of some kind. Once you are in a WZ you should not be able to respec.

Technohic
11.30.2012 , 10:05 AM | #3
How do you feel it affects gameplay?

RyanReagan
11.30.2012 , 10:06 AM | #4
Yes.
Voidstar can't be more stupid than it is now.
On Offense, everyone respecs to pure DPS.
On Defense, everyone respecs to support role.

Win.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K.˛ <Infinite Darkness>

AngusFTW
11.30.2012 , 10:07 AM | #5
I don't have a problem with it. You could always do it, it just cost credits
I really see no problem with field respeccing for example my sorc was a healer but then realised there was 4 healers so i respecced dps mid wz and it got a bit closer after that.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

Technohic
11.30.2012 , 10:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
Yes.
Voidstar can't be more stupid than it is now.
On Offense, everyone respecs to pure DPS.
On Defense, everyone respecs to support role.

Win.
If everyone does it, how does it become "win."

I mean, in order to win, someone has to lose; right?

cycao
11.30.2012 , 10:08 AM | #7
Yes I respec for huttball to tank spec if there are none and I have switched to hybrid spec for defense from time to time in voidstar. Its awesome.

Technohic
11.30.2012 , 10:10 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Yes I respec for huttball to tank spec if there are none and I have switched to hybrid spec for defense from time to time in voidstar. Its awesome.
So far I see a logical argument for having it rather than "I feel" for not having it.

This can be very handy in PUGs where you get slapped together, like this poster and the overdose of healers mentioned before.

MelliMelon
11.30.2012 , 10:12 AM | #9
Yeah, I agree with the positive things. The possibility for it "negatively affecting gameplay" comes when you have a voidstar with 4 hybrid tanks and 4 healers. I haven't faced that myself, which is why I'm asking the community. It seems nobody so far has had a negative experience, and it helps drastically for pugs. Will look forward to more comments.

SgtBranham
11.30.2012 , 10:19 AM | #10
I do it all the time as well. My juggernaut can go from full min/maxed rage or vengeance with 19k hp to an immortal/vengeance hybrid (i like the 27/12/x) with 26.3k hp for huttball or defense. I have got the switch down to like 15 sec including switching all the gear, rearranging my hotbars, and clicking all the buttons.

I don't think its that bad as everyone can do it but it certainly does favor us that have played more and have been able to acquire multiple sets of gear. That said, i think it should be removed from rateds but kept for normals. When half your group can be a pug, being able to respec to a useful/non-plentiful role goes along way for making the match less frustrating.