Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Operative : When do I get my buff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
DPS Operative : When do I get my buff?

Leafy_Bug
01.02.2013 , 04:53 PM | #81
There are a few operatives showing that this class is not only dangerous but a monster in the right hands. How many times have I been stabbed almost to death while not getting up? Breaker is not always available and oftentimes resilience and deflection have been used. Once ganked without these three, you can have the best geared assassin, a rightly played operative will tear you a new one

Brissellio
01.02.2013 , 05:30 PM | #82
Honestly the one thing I would like to see implemented is when flechette round/acid blade is an active buff I'm yourself it increases energy regenerate by an additional 2 per second giving us 7/s and the extra 3 from pugnacity.

Other than that maybe some sustained damage increases here and there but no burst increases. Shoot first and sabo charge can drop most non tank classes to 50%

Also one thing that has blown my mind for such a long time. The crit multiplier bonus at the top of the scrapper tree has a bonus to tendon blast......... Our slow seriously has a crit bonus to it? WHY!!!! That would be like giving a deception sin a crit bonus to force slow instead of shock.

They need to put sabotage charge on the crit bonus instead of our slow.
Brisselio- Combat Sentinel

Swanea
01.02.2013 , 05:30 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
There are a few operatives showing that this class is not only dangerous but a monster in the right hands. How many times have I been stabbed almost to death while not getting up? Breaker is not always available and oftentimes resilience and deflection have been used. Once ganked without these three, you can have the best geared assassin, a rightly played operative will tear you a new one
So Top geared min/maxed op who blows all his cooldowns can kill someone without any of their cooldowns and no help!? Amazing!
Swanea Stormrider

WAR - WoW - LotRO - SWG
Internecion - Apex - FotR - EE/BoT/SWoT

Carter_Mathis
01.02.2013 , 05:41 PM | #84
The only iffy class to fight for a scrapper is a shadow tank, but that's only if they pop you. And if you get popped while having 3 higher stealth levels and a possible 2 additional stealth detection levels, you should reevaluate yourself :P Aside from that, I've never had a huge issue with any class 1v1. Energy management can be a bit tight, and i wouldn't mind a sustained damage buff, but i still managed to do 775k in a Voidstar yesterday without much issue.
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

UGLYMRJ
01.02.2013 , 05:52 PM | #85
There's a group of mercenaries and commandos outside that would like to have a word with you.

ktkenshinx
01.02.2013 , 06:11 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
This statement is absolutely ridiculous. You are dying 1v1 against an Operative with no defensive CDs up? Good! That means at least something about this class is done right. Because Ops/Scraps are often dying 1v1 to most superior DPS classes (Powertech and Marauder come to mind) even with all cooldowns up. They can be beaten, but it often comes down to gear, consumables, and crit luck.

This class really wants for a decent defensive CD (Shield Probe is a good concept, but it needs increased absorption or decreased CD. Evasion looks decent at first, but laughable when actually compared with Resilience or Saber Ward or Defensive Screen or basically any other defensive CD in the game).

Sustained damage can also be improved, but I often find that this is an issue of players getting too overzealous with their CDs and popping everything too early in the fight. If you calm down and execute your abilities properly, you should have enough energy to take down a target, or stick around in a fight.

The class does not need any huge buffs. It might get scary if buffed too much. But some slight improvements to stealth, upperhand and laceration mechanics, and defensive CDs would make the class a lot more viable in Ranked gameplay (plus a simultaneous nerf to other DPS classes).
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

UGLYMRJ
01.02.2013 , 06:12 PM | #87
Operatives actually win a large number of dueling tournaments...

Just sayin'

ktkenshinx
01.02.2013 , 06:32 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post

Just sayin'
You are totally correct. If I have every single one of my cooldowns up, I very, very rarely lose a 1v1. The big one here is Disappearing Act; getting another Shoot First + FR application is just too much damage for most classes to come back from, especially with 70% critting Backblasts stacked with Sabotage Charge.

But as everyone here knows, Ranked WZ gameplay is nothing like a dueling tournament. Our WZ utility is just awful compared with our natural competitors, Shadows/Sins. Certainly for Huttball, we are worse in literally almost every respect. Even in other WZs, the lack of guard, taunt, force speed, and Assassinate alone make us a pretty dismal choice over a Shadow. We have a few tools that Shadows lack (a better AOE mezz, slightly better burst, an awesome AOE damage ability), but it really ends there.
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

UGLYMRJ
01.02.2013 , 06:36 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
You are totally correct. If I have every single one of my cooldowns up, I very, very rarely lose a 1v1. The big one here is Disappearing Act; getting another Shoot First + FR application is just too much damage for most classes to come back from, especially with 70% critting Backblasts stacked with Sabotage Charge.

But as everyone here knows, Ranked WZ gameplay is nothing like a dueling tournament. Our WZ utility is just awful compared with our natural competitors, Shadows/Sins. Certainly for Huttball, we are worse in literally almost every respect. Even in other WZs, the lack of guard, taunt, force speed, and Assassinate alone make us a pretty dismal choice over a Shadow. We have a few tools that Shadows lack (a better AOE mezz, slightly better burst, an awesome AOE damage ability), but it really ends there.
Absolutely agree on all counts. It sounded as if you were saying they weren't a good 1v1 class which is the only reason I brought that up.

And you forgot resource management.

Fallenturtle
01.02.2013 , 06:37 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post

Just sayin'
*insert sarcastic willy wonka* Tell me again where pvp is a one on one match up?

In all seriousness. I have played my main since the beginning.. it's true that in 1.6 we dps operatives have dwindled because of the FOTM specs that kill us, AKA the smash jugs hitting for 9-10k without taking any damage in return, the bubble specs stunning every second with little resolve added, the hybrid assassins/powertechs etc. but I've found that goofing around with my own concoction of a lethality/concealment hybrid brings me joy. I'm not effective as a teammate what so ever, I just find it funny to see people's expressions when I hit them for 10k over the course of 3 moves, Cull+ EP/Backstab although, setup time is horribad.

My hope is that they will fix us in the expansion, and that's the only thing I am currently clinging onto.
The Drakenhoff Legacy.
<Assimilation>/<Working as intended>
<Jedi Covenant>
In Domus De Aurum Et Ossuim Resistance is futile.