Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

DPS Operative : When do I get my buff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
DPS Operative : When do I get my buff?

RyanReagan's Avatar


RyanReagan
12.10.2012 , 10:47 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
This really is just a L2P issue.
Fully min/maxed WH/EWH gear for both medic and dps spec, 95 valor lvl and a decent pvp rating says I KH2P.

I can take down baddies all day, ezmode. But you get a team team of equally geared players on both sides of a warzone, the operative is going to come out looking like a chump every time.

Here is what I would like for dps operatives:
* AoE Taunt Immunity while Stealthed
* Less energy intensive across the board
* Harder hitting collateral damage

As for smashers I would like:
Damage divided between targets. Instead of a 8k smash hitting 5 people for 8k/per. It hits 5 people for 2k/per. Something like DMG=DMG/(PLAYERS-1) . if you hit 2 people, it hits them for the full amount but for each person added it divides the damage.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
12.10.2012 , 01:03 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
I'm getting ripped apart by smashers. They can build smashes faster than the cd on evasion.

Please fix, I'm currently paying to feel worthless in PvP, but don't know how long before I stop paying and take up a new hobby.
The problem is not with the OP / scoundrel... the issue is with the ROFL Stomp glowsticks. right now they are the most rediculously OP classes in the game. they arent even supposed to be a ranged class yet when you run away from them while they ravege you (which you cant interupt ROFL) they can still hit you from many yards away which is also stupid.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
12.10.2012 , 01:08 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
The problem is not with the OP / scoundrel... the issue is with the ROFL Stomp glowsticks. right now they are the most rediculously OP classes in the game. they arent even supposed to be a ranged class yet when you run away from them while they ravege you (which you cant interupt ROFL) they can still hit you from many yards away which is also stupid.
You realize all channeled/casted abilities work this way, right? As long as you are within range when it starts, it will continue until you get far enough away. Otherwise ranged would be totally stalemated against each other at 30 meters as they back up a step to avoid a hit and then step in to try and cast back and forth.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
12.10.2012 , 01:12 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
You realize all channeled/casted abilities work this way, right? As long as you are within range when it starts, it will continue until you get far enough away. Otherwise ranged would be totally stalemated against each other at 30 meters as they back up a step to avoid a hit and then step in to try and cast back and forth.
so by your argument then if joe shmoe was at the plate to bat a ball when he swings a casted out of the ball park hit no mater if its far away from the bat that bat will still somehow majically hit that ball even tho its nolonger even near it????? doesnt that sound silly??? A mele is a mele and should have to stay in mele whether its casted or not. in my opinion that is just a little OP.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

RyanReagan's Avatar


RyanReagan
12.10.2012 , 01:36 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
so by your argument then if joe shmoe was at the plate to bat a ball when he swings a casted out of the ball park hit no mater if its far away from the bat that bat will still somehow majically hit that ball even tho its nolonger even near it????? doesnt that sound silly??? A mele is a mele and should have to stay in mele whether its casted or not. in my opinion that is just a little OP.
whut.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
12.10.2012 , 01:37 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
so by your argument then if joe shmoe was at the plate to bat a ball when he swings a casted out of the ball park hit no mater if its far away from the bat that bat will still somehow majically hit that ball even tho its nolonger even near it????? doesnt that sound silly??? A mele is a mele and should have to stay in mele whether its casted or not. in my opinion that is just a little OP.
This isn't real life, it's a game. In order to make the mechanics function properly, they have to go against the laws of physics. That's why melee range is 4 meters and not 1. It's why abilities have cooldowns. Am I not going to hit you as hard as I can with my lightsaber all the time because in my mind ravage is on cooldown?

So if you want to change ravage to only work as long as they stay within 4 meters, you have to make all casted/channeled ranged abilities stop working if the enemy moves out of 30 meters thereby ruining the game.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

CharterMonkKent's Avatar


CharterMonkKent
12.10.2012 , 01:38 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
so by your argument then if joe shmoe was at the plate to bat a ball when he swings a casted out of the ball park hit no mater if its far away from the bat that bat will still somehow majically hit that ball even tho its nolonger even near it????? doesnt that sound silly??? A mele is a mele and should have to stay in mele whether its casted or not. in my opinion that is just a little OP.
He isn't making an argument, just stating how the game works. I personally like the set up, if they went the other way with it pvp would probably break. Although ravage is the most ridiculous example of it, I agree it is very silly, as you put it. That being said. It would be just as silly for a sage to out run my sniper's takedown by reaching a certain range.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

RyanReagan's Avatar


RyanReagan
12.10.2012 , 02:50 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
He isn't making an argument, just stating how the game works. I personally like the set up, if they went the other way with it pvp would probably break. Although ravage is the most ridiculous example of it, I agree it is very silly, as you put it. That being said. It would be just as silly for a sage to out run my sniper's takedown by reaching a certain range.
Really, I think the problem with Ravage is the animation is screwy. It was very misleading when I first started playing and it leads you to believe that you can just walk away from it.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
12.10.2012 , 02:56 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
Really, I think the problem with Ravage is the animation is screwy. It was very misleading when I first started playing and it leads you to believe that you can just walk away from it.
You CAN walk away from it, but you need to get to 10 meters (or KB or stun or mezz or restealth or sprint or pull or have a teammate do any of these). If you eat a full ravage, it better be because they have the root on it and everything is on CD for you.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

RyanReagan's Avatar


RyanReagan
12.10.2012 , 04:07 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
You CAN walk away from it, but you need to get to 10 meters (or KB or stun or mezz or restealth or sprint or pull or have a teammate do any of these). If you eat a full ravage, it better be because they have the root on it and everything is on CD for you.
Right but I mean. The animation looks like he is swinging right in front of himself and logic says "oh well i should just move away from that".

I'm not saying there's a problem with the way it works, just that the animation leads you to believe something that isn't true. You need to walk away from the thing.

Also, a lot of times I'll stun as soon as the person starts and still get the full ravage because lag compensation.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>