Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Operative : When do I get my buff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
DPS Operative : When do I get my buff?

TheronFett
11.30.2012 , 03:25 PM | #21
Operative buff is included when you reroll as a Warrior/Knight.

AMKSED
11.30.2012 , 03:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Purpleshizam View Post
Sins have the same type of opening but instead knocking you down on the first hit they are able to use it out of stealth as well then they can stun lock you to death as well while keeping you force slowed forever, also if you somehow manage to survive that and gain some distance they can either pull you back to them or force speed towards you then hit their IWIN button. But that is fair because they are a glowbat user and that's ok right? Oh I forgot to mention they are doing all of this and guarding a teammate at the same time...
All of their attacks are proc based. Meaning they have to ramp up their damage before they can execute. All Operative/Scoundrel has to do is press their opening and their damage is there. Meaning if you stun an Assassin/Shadow then you are preventing their damage early on and it takes even longer for them to continue with their rotation.

CharterMonkKent
11.30.2012 , 03:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
All of their attacks are proc based. Meaning they have to ramp up their damage before they can execute. All Operative/Scoundrel has to do is press their opening and their damage is there. Meaning if you stun an Assassin/Shadow then you are preventing their damage early on and it takes even longer for them to continue with their rotation.
The comment about operatives is misleading. That's like saying all deception needs to do is hit maul twice in a row. Which of course is also misleading.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

AMKSED
11.30.2012 , 03:49 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
The comment about operatives is misleading. That's like saying all deception needs to do is hit maul twice in a row. Which of course is also misleading.
Because that's all Operatives need to do. Acid Blade then hit your attacks. No waiting on procs of any kind. Get in trouble? Stun/Snare while throwing DoTs, LoS and heal up. I've seen and done it multiple times.

LeonHawkeye
11.30.2012 , 03:53 PM | #25
DPS Operatives/Scraps are pretty bad right now. Second worst only to Mandos/Mercs, I've long since abandoned both the classes and am working on a Powertech and a Sentinel. It doesn't look like it's getting any better for either of the Adv Classes (Operatives and Mercs) if you play either, I'd highly suggest you re roll.

CharterMonkKent
11.30.2012 , 03:54 PM | #26
Because that's all Operatives need to do. Acid Blade then hit your attacks. No waiting on procs of any kind. Get in trouble? Stun/Snare while throwing DoTs, LoS and heal up. I've seen and done it multiple times.
haha. This isn't your topic. No procs? Throwing dots? LoS? I don't know what class you are thinking of but it's not concealment.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

TonyDragonflame
11.30.2012 , 04:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
Yup... My valor 98 operative will be put on the shelf before he ever hits elite warlord. AND PROBABLY WITH THIS GAME IF THEY DON'T FIX MY FAVORITE REASON FOR PLAYING!
I quite love playstyle but really he useless in wz. I waiting too long, all these nerfs, nerf biochem adrenals and relics etc etc... now time has comes say him good bye. I understanding operative's opening and stunlocking quite frustrated all attacked people, and I approve all these nerfs, when play my other classes...
If there will be Open World PvP, than will be other story... but with current faction imbalance its never happens.

No one reason play stealthy dps operative/scoundrel, when there are mostly OP sins/shadows with plenty useful abilities and not such frustrating for attacked players opening and stunlocking...
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 90 | Focus vr 90 | Assault vr 87 | Infiltration v 80 | Sharpshooter v 71
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

RyanReagan
12.04.2012 , 01:19 PM | #28
acid blade - first off, it can be re-applied over-and-over, but only useful on certain attacks. so if i'm like "acid blade, backstab" and then don't backstab.... then a few gcd's later get to the guy again and "acid blade, backstab". i just wasted energy. tbh, it should be on cd until it is applied or be free if it hasn't been used.

no waiting on procs? - collateral damage has a 50% chance to hit. will only hit once every 10 seconds. and if it hits a poisoned target, there's a 100% chance it will grant you a TA. (so basically you have a 50% chance to get a free TA every 10 seconds).

yes. LoS and heal up is great if your objective is to stay alive. unfortunately, pvp isn't deathmatch.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

tacito
12.05.2012 , 04:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
acid blade - first off, it can be re-applied over-and-over, but only useful on certain attacks. so if i'm like "acid blade, backstab" and then don't backstab.... then a few gcd's later get to the guy again and "acid blade, backstab". i just wasted energy. tbh, it should be on cd until it is applied or be free if it hasn't been used.

no waiting on procs? - collateral damage has a 50% chance to hit. will only hit once every 10 seconds. and if it hits a poisoned target, there's a 100% chance it will grant you a TA. (so basically you have a 50% chance to get a free TA every 10 seconds).

yes. LoS and heal up is great if your objective is to stay alive. unfortunately, pvp isn't deathmatch.
His point is that assassins (and I'll talk about Deception) need to ramp up some procs before they can really unload. They need the Duplicity proc (more damage and less cost for maul), they need to get off two Voltaic Slashes (increased damage and reduced cost for Shock) and they need as many stacks on the surging charge buff as they can get (maximum of 5).

That's entirely true, the first round of burst from an operative happens a lot faster. The difference is, the assassin burst recycles every 15 second-ish, and the assassin also isn't severly punished by blowing all force on a target, because their regen is not tiered. Oh, and none of their burst relies on stealth. What's more, the setup they need is heavily protected: When using the 2s stun from out stealth, they gain:
  • the 2 seconds of stun on the target, of course
  • after that ends, a 70% slow for 3 seconds if I remember correctly
  • 25% reduced damage for 6 seconds
  • 50% increased force regen for 6 seconds
  • both damage reduction and force regen bonus can be triggered at will, out of stealth on a 45s cooldown
  • Also, the slow in that spec lasts twice as long as its cooldown
And while the proc requirement for basically everything can be a pain in the behind, there's one reason assassins still play kinda fluid: Saber Strike and Thrash/Voltaic Slash are flurry attacks, 3 and 2 respectively. So yeah, it won't take all that long to proc those things you need.

RyanReagan
12.06.2012 , 07:58 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by tacito View Post
his point is that assassins (and i'll talk about deception) need to ramp up some procs before they can really unload. They need the duplicity proc (more damage and less cost for maul), they need to get off two voltaic slashes (increased damage and reduced cost for shock) and they need as many stacks on the surging charge buff as they can get (maximum of 5).

That's entirely true, the first round of burst from an operative happens a lot faster. The difference is, the assassin burst recycles every 15 second-ish, and the assassin also isn't severly punished by blowing all force on a target, because their regen is not tiered. Oh, and none of their burst relies on stealth. What's more, the setup they need is heavily protected: When using the 2s stun from out stealth, they gain:
  • the 2 seconds of stun on the target, of course
  • after that ends, a 70% slow for 3 seconds if i remember correctly
  • 25% reduced damage for 6 seconds
  • 50% increased force regen for 6 seconds
  • both damage reduction and force regen bonus can be triggered at will, out of stealth on a 45s cooldown
  • also, the slow in that spec lasts twice as long as its cooldown
and while the proc requirement for basically everything can be a pain in the behind, there's one reason assassins still play kinda fluid: Saber strike and thrash/voltaic slash are flurry attacks, 3 and 2 respectively. So yeah, it won't take all that long to proc those things you need.
mroe procs for operative!
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>