Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic: Do you guys even try/care about PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Prophecy of the Five
Republic: Do you guys even try/care about PvP?

vactus
12.05.2012 , 07:54 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by RendakFel View Post
Everybody is much less squishy when taunts are rotated. Unfortunately, the influx of lolsmashers are largely the same group of lolpowertech's from yesteryear. They still don't taunt.
I wish I had more taunts. My one just isn't enough.

Ainsland
12.06.2012 , 02:03 AM | #62
I guess the majority of Repubs who actually try are in the lowbie WZs since they seem to win 80% of the time there?

NRN_Hawk
12.06.2012 , 05:03 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Ainsland View Post
I guess the majority of Repubs who actually try are in the lowbie WZs since they seem to win 80% of the time there?
95% ^^ at least during the morning times
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - you will be hawked \m/

Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com - HEL ~

AstralProjection
12.06.2012 , 06:41 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Matieu View Post
Well... I don't know about everybody else... but for the past five days (Just got back to playing) I've logged on and been winning regular matches pretty much all the time. Of course, that's when I'm playing with at least one other member of my guild Pax, usually more. There's a loss every now and then, but nowhere near the level you guys seem to be saying.
And let's not forget that some of us are old farts that are lucky to have time for our dailies most days ; ) I think the trend for most decent players is PUGs yield a 50/50ish win ratio, and premades yield a very high one, no matter which side you're on. Lately my PUGs have been pretty good, it's probably higher than 50/50, so I'm not complaining either.

Would still like to see some meaningful reason to be one faction versus the other in PVP right now, because I think a lot of us who have been running warzones since launch are semi-sick of the same four maps, and end up playing around with alts to pass the time after our dailies are done. I know I'm enjoying my evil impling right now if I do get a little time to play at night. I wish my Jedi could've resolved every cutscene with /kill.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Softcore PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Poet Warlord | International Guild

Scotland
12.06.2012 , 06:54 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by vactus View Post
I wish I had more taunts. My one just isn't enough.
What class are you?

vactus
12.06.2012 , 10:58 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
What class are you?
Vanguard

The_FLIPmode
12.06.2012 , 11:16 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by vactus View Post
Vanguard
By level 30 you have 2 taunts. Every class that can tank has 2 taunts regardless of spec.
POT5:
Turanor - Juggernaut, Turannor - Marauder, Turanar - Mercenary, Fl´ppy -Vanguard
Ele'anor - Powertech, Tyrannor - Sorcerer, , Tűranor - Gunslinger, Turanorr - Scoundrel

Easpeak
12.06.2012 , 12:04 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by The_FLIPmode View Post
By level 30 you have 2 taunts. Every class that can tank has 2 taunts regardless of spec.
Do not teach them how to taunt, real healers take it in their face and like it. I personally wear colorful armor and throw sparkling powder to make sure no deeps will miss me.
Easpeak
Easpeax
Maedex
Heffalo

vactus
12.06.2012 , 12:16 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by The_FLIPmode View Post
Completely forgot that Sonic Round is a taunt and I use it all the time. /failtrooper

SneekyPanda
12.06.2012 , 02:42 PM | #70
I hear people crying about this in general chat all the time and I seriously don't understand it. I win WAY more games than I lose. In the past month, it has taken me no more than 11 games to finish my weekly, and I have about the same success throughout the week. Granted, every game I play in there is at least one healer (me), and I like to think that I'm competent enough to help my team succeed- but I know I'm not carrying the entire team in every game, so it makes me wonder how people are doing so bad.

By now, I think most of us can agree that a good game can go downhill from just ONE person's mistake- which would lead me to believe that the people crying about losing every game should take a moment to look in the mirror and realize that THEY are the common denominator in EVERY game they play.

That said, I also think that the people who start demoralizing their team before the gates even open should really STHU. It really bothers me when you hear someone say, "Oh, this will be loss number 20 today" before they even see the team they're playing. It's called the 'self-fulfilling prophecy' and I've seen a game that started with a similar comment and immediately had 4 people go straight to grass and sit there the entire game, because hell- they might as well get their 3 defender medals while they can, right?

I get focused in every game I play and never whine about it. Sometimes I may ask for a little help with peels if I'm unable to kite my focus, but you'll never hear me cry about taking 300k damage per game- so stop crying about how often YOU lose and get better at an easy game.
BADFISH
<Hoth Ski Patrol>
Prophecy of the Five