Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic: Do you guys even try/care about PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Prophecy of the Five
Republic: Do you guys even try/care about PvP?

AngelofCain
12.01.2012 , 08:01 PM | #31
Hey nothing wrong with lone wolfing it!!! I do that all the time. I play Hallowball. Every warzone every match, Hallowball.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

vilmer
12.01.2012 , 08:21 PM | #32
I try and lonewolf a few every night to see where we're at. It's not nearly as bad as some make it out to be. Then again, the amount of keyboard turning witnessed is kind of disheartening.

AngelofCain
12.01.2012 , 08:40 PM | #33
Yes but sometimes you see a few spectacular plays, like a sorc knocking back 5 people into fire and them all dying, it's really amusing the amount of ways to kill someone in the warzones, besides with batsticks and lightning. just gotta try new avenues.

amnie
12.02.2012 , 07:37 AM | #34
it really isn't nearly as bad as people make it. and it's definitely just as frustrating when you're playing imp toons. as I said, it's heavily depending if you have 'good people' on the opposing team or not. it just seems to me that it really .is. coming down to the imps forming premades way more often than the republic does.

I rarely soloqueue anymore not because of the win/lose ratio, but because playing with people I know makes the trolls and warzone-quitter more bearable.

NRN_Hawk
12.02.2012 , 08:47 AM | #35
It's not bad at all, we just got more and new people who may not play warzones since day one and have to get used to it, maybe it's their first MMO. You win some, you lose some, you win some with perfection, you lose some with horrible performance. That's life.

The only thing that really ruins warzones, is those QQ people queueing up solo, talking crap and annoying the rest of the team the moment you lose a node or a bomb gets planted on a door or whatever. If you can't lose just don't queue up for regular warzones at all, it's annoying to have those "You guys are scrubs" people in a game who can't do anything good but talk and talk or if you have 2 of them they even annoy each other until they leave and ruined the whole warzone for people who tried to change the game.

Oh and if you play FOTM and want to say how skilless the other guys on your team are stop it, I play some FOTMs as well sometimes just for fun, it's lol nothing more.

Dunno how many warzones we've turned around completely when all those wannabe elites finally left the warzones and we got guys who actually knew how to play their class or just try to win. For example we've turned one or two Novare Coasts from 2% to maybe even 100% to a 2% - 0% win.

People cry way too much in this game and I'm not talking about some blowing of steam if you have had a very bad day of PVP, that happens.

If you want perfect games find a good team for ranked warzones or build one with you guild, random regular warzones are what they are, if you can't deal with it, stay out of those.

Speaking in general here, not adressing anyone personally.

It's just a buttonhitting game, there's no real skill in playing the slot machine. Teamwork is what makes things different.
Hawk's Twitch

Streaming PVP in crossdress mode - you will be hawked \m/

Subbed since wave 2 early access, back when Valor still mattered on Ilum.

~ Pot5 - http://www.helguild.com - HEL ~

Ansalem
12.02.2012 , 10:14 AM | #36
I think the title and OP is right...I mean look the supposedly top 2 pvp guilds rep side were busy on hoth the other night making a movie of an in game wedding. I think that right there shows that they really do not care about pvp they would rather get drunk and give in to the demands of one girl and do a wedding than pvp.

ForsakenKing
12.02.2012 , 10:17 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I think the title and OP is right...I mean look the supposedly top 2 pvp guilds rep side were busy on hoth the other night making a movie of an in game wedding. I think that right there shows that they really do not care about pvp they would rather get drunk and give in to the demands of one girl and do a wedding than pvp.
i think you forgot to post your opinion about the wedding on the suggestions section of the general forums. you should get to work on that...

OldSpiceSwag
12.02.2012 , 11:02 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
i think you forgot to post your opinion about the wedding on the suggestions section of the general forums. you should get to work on that...
^^^^^^^^

Ansalem
12.02.2012 , 03:42 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
nope its there too. Should probably check that.

AngelofCain
12.02.2012 , 06:08 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by NRN_Hawk View Post
It's not bad at all, we just got more and new people who may not play warzones since day one and have to get used to it, maybe it's their first MMO. You win some, you lose some, you win some with perfection, you lose some with horrible performance. That's life.

The only thing that really ruins warzones, is those QQ people queueing up solo, talking crap and annoying the rest of the team the moment you lose a node or a bomb gets planted on a door or whatever. If you can't lose just don't queue up for regular warzones at all, it's annoying to have those "You guys are scrubs" people in a game who can't do anything good but talk and talk or if you have 2 of them they even annoy each other until they leave and ruined the whole warzone for people who tried to change the game.

Oh and if you play FOTM and want to say how skilless the other guys on your team are stop it, I play some FOTMs as well sometimes just for fun, it's lol nothing more.

Dunno how many warzones we've turned around completely when all those wannabe elites finally left the warzones and we got guys who actually knew how to play their class or just try to win. For example we've turned one or two Novare Coasts from 2% to maybe even 100% to a 2% - 0% win.

People cry way too much in this game and I'm not talking about some blowing of steam if you have had a very bad day of PVP, that happens.

If you want perfect games find a good team for ranked warzones or build one with you guild, random regular warzones are what they are, if you can't deal with it, stay out of those.

Speaking in general here, not adressing anyone personally.

It's just a buttonhitting game, there's no real skill in playing the slot machine. Teamwork is what makes things different.
You know hawk, for all the random horn blowing you do, you really are alright with that statement. I tip my hat to you sir.