Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic: Do you guys even try/care about PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Prophecy of the Five
Republic: Do you guys even try/care about PvP?

NwahsNirom
11.30.2012 , 10:35 AM | #11
Hey guys,

I rarely ever visit these forums and don't usually want to respond to accusatory threads like this, but I will say there are some PvP guilds out there on Republic side that certainly care. My hope is that with the upcoming Guild Meet and Greet, and the Guild Leader Summit that we will be leading on December 7th, Pax can build those friendships and alliances to make PvP more competitive, as well as get to know some Sith guilds to build up communication and competition as well.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
4/4 NiM EC, 10/10 HM DF&DP, 1/5 NiM TFB, 1/5 NiM DF
Prophecy of the Five | Guild Leader | International Guild

IcyBergals
11.30.2012 , 10:45 AM | #12
Almost every match I have to remind people to leave 2 people guarding a node if we have 2 nodes, that we only need 1 guarding a node if we have 1 node, and to call the number of incoming enemies, not just "inc west." The last one seems to piss people off the most, even if I say something like "call two west rather than inc west, it's the same number of characters to type," they don't seem to grasp that without a number it's hard to not overcommit our defenders. Then, after the person does call the number of enemies, the team has to be reminded not to overcommit defenders! Guy at west calls inc 1? Better send 5 guys up there.

The fact that people don't know basic strategy by the time they reach the 50 bracket saddens me. Maybe we need more people in lowbies teaching them the tricks.

StoneWillJedi
11.30.2012 , 11:32 AM | #13
Another problem is when you do WZs with pugs a lot of them prefer to just run around trying to kill people & increase their kill stats & dps stats that they see at the end. Also if they are a pug they tend not to care what other people think/say or they would probably be in a guild by level 50. This is not true for all un-guilded 50s but it is true for some. Also it seems some people don't even read chat which confuses me on why they are playing an MMO. Cause in MMOs you gotta work with our people hence "Mass Multi-Player"

Lastly part of the problem is explained in the below very common sayings:

1.) Good help is hard to find in almost any facet of life.

2.) The only problem with common sense = it is not very common.

Skolops
11.30.2012 , 12:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by StoneWillJedi View Post
Another problem is when you do WZs with pugs a lot of them prefer to just run around trying to kill people & increase their kill stats & dps stats that they see at the end. Also if they are a pug they tend not to care what other people think/say or they would probably be in a guild by level 50. This is not true for all un-guilded 50s but it is true for some. Also it seems some people don't even read chat which confuses me on why they are playing an MMO. Cause in MMOs you gotta work with our people hence "Mass Multi-Player"

Lastly part of the problem is explained in the below very common sayings:

1.) Good help is hard to find in almost any facet of life.

2.) The only problem with common sense = it is not very common.
If this is the case then its even worse than I thought, because theyre awful at it. In losing wzs I have top pub dmg about 80% of the time on my kinetic shadow - something which should never happen. On my gunslinger its even more common. Yet I never pay attention to anything other than objectives. If theyre trying to boost stats but are getting lower numbers than a guy running around between nodes and trying to play objectives smartly, then what the heck are they doing wrong dps wise?
El'Skan-Assassin /// Laetrie-Sniper /// Caelie-Slinger /// Fidaeria-Jugg
Armack -Chaetrie -Gaurex -Isdron -Skol'ompara /// Misericordiae -Elnar -Rujko -Sophiya
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

DreamerBrian
11.30.2012 , 12:42 PM | #15
Don't overlook another important factor about pub pvp: a lot of good pub players play imps until time for ranked wz's happen. That's the case in HSP, at least. That or people just aren't on playing.
Banshi
<Hoth Ski Patrol>

Easpeak
11.30.2012 , 12:51 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
If this is the case then its even worse than I thought, because theyre awful at it. In losing wzs I have top pub dmg about 80% of the time on my kinetic shadow - something which should never happen. On my gunslinger its even more common. Yet I never pay attention to anything other than objectives. If theyre trying to boost stats but are getting lower numbers than a guy running around between nodes and trying to play objectives smartly, then what the heck are they doing wrong dps wise?
They don't have the gear?
Easpeak
Easpeax
Maedex
Hieronymous

StoneWillJedi
11.30.2012 , 01:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
Most pugs do not have a guild giving them tips/tricks to use their skills/abilities correctly. Most people who aren't paying attention to ops chat & who aren't focused on objectives are also probably not very good at choosing the correct sequence of skills/abilities for their class to achieve the best possible DPS.

I think Hywhan suggestion of Republic making friends & grouping together for WZs will help a lot. If the pugs & solo guild runners were grouped in between WZs they could discuss their previous WZs & try to improve their strategy & improve their team coordination for better success in the future.

Melik
11.30.2012 , 01:55 PM | #18
Pugging is 50/50 like Vic said. there are tons of terrible players on both sides
Mel'ik / Kilem Lightwielder
Retired.

StoneWillJedi
11.30.2012 , 01:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Melik View Post
Pugging is 50/50 like Vic said. there are tons of terrible players on both sides
I would say it is more like 60/40 with Imp having the advantage on straight Pug vs. Pug WZs. Also there is definitely terrible players on both sides but there are more people on Imp side to help improve the terrible players who want to improve.

djrobb
11.30.2012 , 02:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarfunkz View Post
Keep in mind, you are part of those three caps. Everyone thinks they are good players and it is everyone else's fault, that usually isn't the case. When I premade warzones, I'd say I win 95% of the time, when I pug, it is 50/50. (I exclude warzones I hope into that I am losing because someone left, those aren't my warzones, those are someone elses, chalk that up to obamanomics).
totally agree with you here. i went 13-2 last night with my guild premade and 10-1 the night before. but when i pug the numbers drop dramatically.

so if you think you are good at pvp find others with the same skill or find a good pvp guild to join. if you dont want to do that and solo queue or be in a terrible guild for pvp then i dont feel sorry for you.