Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Sorc fun in PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is Sorc fun in PvP?

Rannox
12.03.2012 , 08:58 AM | #21
&p=5512863

underjollyroger
12.03.2012 , 09:04 AM | #22
At level 50 sorc would be fun if you:

1. (Healer) Enjoy being a running around healer - admittedly very annoying for the enemy team.
2. (Utility) Enjoy spamming bubbles, dying, respawning and spamming bubbles again. Then log into the forum and read the complaints about the resolve system with a satisfied grin
3. (DPS) Enjoy throwing mighty lightning strikes that ... tickle other people so they can find their way easier to you and show you proper DPS in the form of a smash, ambush, rail-shot etc.
4. (<18yo) Enjoy spending your whole life grinding and modding your gear to the ultimate stats in the galaxy to finally accomplish what other advanced classes do from the beginning.

Honestly I would personally only call fun the possibility to rescue the ball handler to a better position, considering you live long enough to do it.

CrixusBoR
12.03.2012 , 09:16 AM | #23
I echo comments here suggesting they are fun. lvl'ing a Sorc is super easy and the utility adds a nice variety. Unlike snipers/ gunslingers who are good to go from lvl 10 in pvp, you really are a sitting duck until you get your bubble and force speed, but thankfully these come very early on. 200k+ dmg in lowbie pvp is very doable on a consistent basis.

I lvl'd as full madness but was able to heal all the flashpoints (in full madness spec) up to lvl40 with ease.

Fun class, enjoy.

Yeochins
12.03.2012 , 09:28 AM | #24
Fun, yes.

Viable in PvP, depends.
  • Extremely effective against baddies (they dont know how to deal with CC).
  • Moderately effective against PUG's, dissarray and lack of coordination give you enough to slip death.
  • Horrible against premades and any team composition. The coordination by premades ensures you will be permanently rooted. It only takes 8 seconds from a competent warrior, powertech or Juggernaught to lay on the hurt in a way you cannot recover.

wwkingms
12.03.2012 , 09:48 AM | #25
ok, realistically sorc has a chance 1v1 vs any class except a PT.. a sorc cant counter a pt in any way since everything they do is instant and hits us for a ton...

but no class does worst when focus fired than a sorc... sorc dmg is lagging behind other classes as well.. id kill for the ranged burst of a sniper..

with attention to detail and skill you can be moderately successful as a sorc,

i basically stand as far back as i can and dps, the second im focused i snare, cc and sprint away... sorcs can not, and should not stand toe to toe with ANY other class (aside from mercs lawl)

Bioware should allow wraith chain lightning again, and possibly make our lightning skills to be internal dmg..

for example the 31pt talent in the lightning tree which has a long cast and is on cd only crits for about 3-4k at best..

juggs can lolsmash on shorter cd for up to 7.9k (highest ive personally seen in a wz)
NIHIL

THE BASTION

mrekxxx
12.03.2012 , 09:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by underjollyroger View Post
At level 50 sorc would be fun if you:

1. (Healer) Enjoy being a running around healer - admittedly very annoying for the enemy team.
2. (Utility) Enjoy spamming bubbles, dying, respawning and spamming bubbles again. Then log into the forum and read the complaints about the resolve system with a satisfied grin
3. (DPS) Enjoy throwing mighty lightning strikes that ... tickle other people so they can find their way easier to you and show you proper DPS in the form of a smash, ambush, rail-shot etc.
4. (<18yo) Enjoy spending your whole life grinding and modding your gear to the ultimate stats in the galaxy to finally accomplish what other advanced classes do from the beginning.

Honestly I would personally only call fun the possibility to rescue the ball handler to a better position, considering you live long enough to do it.
this ... only healer and only huttball - pull ppl, thats fun

Nodulo
12.03.2012 , 10:03 AM | #27
I run a full madness spec and let me say, don't expect people to beat your door down for rated warzones. In fact don't even expect a knock.
Hopefully in the future this will change as I have alot invested in my sorceror at 83 valor.

TonyDragonflame
12.03.2012 , 10:04 AM | #28
Team of bubblestun sorcs on huttball - its something awful
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

TrumpetNut
12.03.2012 , 01:42 PM | #29
And as for FP's and OPS are the sorcs good dpsers? I hear that tey are some of the best PvE Fun in PvP but not tops in PvP....

UGLYMRJ
12.03.2012 , 01:46 PM | #30
Probably the most fun class I've played so far and I've played 6 of he 8 AC's.

It's more fun to DPS than heal IMO but dorc DPS is not optimal for rated. But you can have a ton of fun with it in regs and very capable of owning face in the right hands.