Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Sorc fun in PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is Sorc fun in PvP?

TrumpetNut
11.29.2012 , 07:09 PM | #1
I have finished a Marauder and Merc to level 50 and want to try sorc. I want to PvP ONLY. Is sorc fun/good in PvP for Dpsing or no? And also why?

WaywardOne
11.29.2012 , 07:16 PM | #2
Yes - solid damage + best utility in the game outside of sins. And lightning (some say it gets old but I disagree)..

vimm
11.29.2012 , 07:24 PM | #3
Yes, it's super friggin' fun.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Invictusthetaru
11.29.2012 , 07:30 PM | #4
Leveling one now and it's pretty great. The utility is amazing, it's the only class besides Operative I don't have at 50.

Definitely would say I am having fun.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

wwkingms
11.29.2012 , 08:11 PM | #5
sorcs are great fun as long as you dont want to be competitive vs any pt, sin, jugg or mara with one quarter of a brain..

oh and snipers will blow u out of the water if u cant get them out of their cover or los

as a sor cu can do well vs..... other sorcs... and mercs of course
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Eldriq
11.29.2012 , 08:35 PM | #6
Is it fun? Yes I love my sorcerer and would not think of playing another class. Is it competitive as in are you going to be a dps star? No, just the way it is if you want massive numbers and destroying the opposing team play something else you can have decent dps but you will not be the all star.

DroidDreamer
11.29.2012 , 08:40 PM | #7
Tons of fun! Highly mobile, lots of utility and good survival skills.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

TrumpetNut
12.03.2012 , 12:12 AM | #8
Well most of all I want to have fun. Although this may be very hard for me since I am relitively used to being top 2 as a Sin or Mara, I actually may try one. One noobish question though lol what is "utility?" And I am thinking of doing a madness-lightning hybrid spec that will not allow me to get the creeping terror ability and give me chain lightning instead, Is this worth the trade? (Chain lightning vs creeping terror)

paul_preib
12.03.2012 , 12:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TrumpetNut View Post
I have finished a Marauder and Merc to level 50 and want to try sorc. I want to PvP ONLY. Is sorc fun/good in PvP for Dpsing or no? And also why?
My original main was a Sorc and to this day it is the only ac I've that I went a leveled a 50 of its mirror (sage) on, so yes I am a fan.

Sadly the lightning tree that first attracted me to the class pre-launch is terrible in pvp and to me feels clunky in pve.

That said, I have spent significant time as

1.full madness
2.full heal
3.21/20 (back when it was mez not stun)
4.heal/madness hybrid (a blast in unrated and great for soloing)
5.0/13/28 back pre 1.2

And have enjoyed every single one of those variations

For progression content and top end pvp I dps on my sent and heal on my scoundrel, but for sheer fun factor I very much am a fan of Sorc/sages
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

warstory
12.03.2012 , 12:56 AM | #10
if the other team allows you to free cast apply weaken mind - X3 distrubances - turbalance - tk throw - tk wave - project then its the funniest class next to guardian/jug but if u are attack prepare to die alot