Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seemingly large increase in 'Ninjas'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Seemingly large increase in 'Ninjas'

Mazikeen
11.30.2012 , 02:30 PM | #31
If I'm DPS, sadly, I have little to no leverage against these people.

If I'm a tank or healer (my PvE Main is a tank), the rule is simple: You roll on what you need for YOU (not your companion) and you only. You get one warning. Second time you do it, either you get booted or I bail. If you do it often enough that I actually remember your name, you get no warning at all.

If no players need an item, you can fight for it for companions or vendor trash.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Urael
11.30.2012 , 02:37 PM | #32
This thread needs some "Ninja Raiders"!!

Bugsington
12.01.2012 , 07:50 AM | #33
It has been getting really bad since F2P, which most of us knew would happen.

Bugsington
12.01.2012 , 07:53 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by althene View Post
This is blatant hyperbole and conjecture and has no real relevance to the topic. Quite a large number of players in swtor played WoW at one point or another and those were the players that petitioned for the lfg system in the first place. And at launch, lfg had already been in WoW for quite a while. Even before lfg, PUGs had a reputation for loot shinanigans. Doesn't matter where or what game the player came from.

Speaking of Pandaland, does anyone else here smell a troll?
Yes, but not from the person you were hoping for.

kirorx
12.01.2012 , 07:55 AM | #35
I agree that people should not need on stuff they dont need, BUT.....TBH there are not many drops out there that are rare enough to really care ATM.

I also try not to care what other people do, if all 4 people in my group need on an item I still get a 25% chance of winning the roll and if i lose this time, I will be back running the same flashpoint again 500 more times.

The key really is in communication though. Just talking to people can make things much easier, most people are pretty receptive to being talked to normally.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Jrpm
12.01.2012 , 08:38 AM | #36
For some of the more casual players.

I don't think I have ever rolled NEED deliberately. I usually roll greed. I used to do a lot of passing, still do, but I feel like I am loosing more than 75% of the time, so why not? Maybe I am just a looser, but what does that hurt?

Also, my builds tend to need the money, when I do get the loot. But then, I don't have any over level 37 yet.

RevisVennox
12.01.2012 , 08:52 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Bigbearbear View Post
I believe the fact that F2P players can only get rewards from 3 FPs per week might have contributed to this. Since they can only play 3 times a week and get rewards, each time they go into the FP they simply need on everything to "maximize" their loot count.

As a subscriber on the 6 month recurring plan, I have unlimited access to FPs myself so if I see someone doing this, I either go "eff this" and join in the fun or leave and do another FP. No biggie really. Actually at higher levels I don't even bothered anymore because those useless loots simply takes up space in my bag.
^Truth. I have been playing since launch and the random loot claiming has increased a little since F2P came out but it's really not THAT significant. I think people just need to be educated about the rules. It's not gonna stop the looters but honestly, random FP loot isn't worth griping too much over.
"I am a Ronin of the force...I am Revis Vennox"

BobaTed
12.01.2012 , 09:13 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by pooks View Post
I sure wish they would revamp the loot system to where everyone got a box and no one else could see what you got in the box. I detest the current loot system.
Yep, exactly. So long as the game mechanics are directly at odds with a general (but largely impotent) sense of fairness or etiquette, this issue will persist.

For now, all anyone can do is expect the worst. PuGs are a dog-eat-dog world (hey! a pun!); if you don't roll "need" on everything, don't expect to get anything. Near as I can tell, that's always been true.

uaintjak
12.01.2012 , 09:30 AM | #39
I love how everyone's attitude seems to be "Oh well, that's what happens." Either that or they debate the term "ninja" as though somehow that were relevant to the real problem.

It happens because you allow it to happen.

If someone behaves this way in a group, tell them to stop. If it continues, then vote kick them and put them on ignore. If you just passively let it continue, then you're part of the problem - not only for yourself (and maybe it isn't a problem for yourself because you don't need the cash or the loot) but for other players who will encounter these d-bags.

People want a better community? Then start making one.

RevisVennox
12.01.2012 , 09:41 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by uaintjak View Post
I love how everyone's attitude seems to be "Oh well, that's what happens." Either that or they debate the term "ninja" as though somehow that were relevant to the real problem.

It happens because you allow it to happen.

If someone behaves this way in a group, tell them to stop. If it continues, then vote kick them and put them on ignore. If you just passively let it continue, then you're part of the problem - not only for yourself (and maybe it isn't a problem for yourself because you don't need the cash or the loot) but for other players who will encounter these d-bags.

People want a better community? Then start making one.
If it WERE that simple, we wouldn't have this problem. It's not like someone gets a special flag or marker telling you that they are jerk and plan on stealing most everything from you. On top of that, most of the people who play MMOs have to start somewhere and the "rules" of gaming are not known to them. We can inform and warn and ban and block etc all we want but that won't stop the real troublemakers. If that were possible, I'd never read something awful or stupid in general chat. People can only DO so much for "their" community. You can't force other people to adhere to civility and manners.
"I am a Ronin of the force...I am Revis Vennox"