Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Gear Gap" Fix Proposal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"Gear Gap" Fix Proposal

filipesantana
12.04.2012 , 09:02 AM | #11
As I sais before the whole proleM is in having gear for free....yes grind normal coms=free

We need rating requirements at least on the top tier set,so good players actually get rewarded for being good and nots for playing a lot ... Don't even understand how people justify no competitive rewards and only time based free gear

Technohic
12.04.2012 , 09:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
Agreed, but the whole "unmoddable part" makes me cringe.... That's why free aug slots should be added. You can't min/max with recruit as you can with BM currently. If you are going to "force persuade" () people to wear recruit them at least give them a bone since they will pay 100% of augmenting in the next tier..
You can give them that, but I don't think it would be wise for them to bother augmenting it unless they have creds they don't know what to do with. It will be so quick to get BM gear. Unless you mean, it comes with some generic augment already on it.

ranscow
12.04.2012 , 09:11 AM | #13
I disagree with the premise that, "Typically gear in PvP does not produce wild outcomes as SWTOR PvP does."

L-RANDLE
12.04.2012 , 09:13 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
As I sais before the whole proleM is in having gear for free....yes grind normal coms=free

We need rating requirements at least on the top tier set,so good players actually get rewarded for being good and nots for playing a lot ... Don't even understand how people justify no competitive rewards and only time based free gear
Fil,
I'll say it again for the 3rd time. You are starting at step 5 in the program when we are at step 1, in PvP rehab. Gear needs to be equalized first before we can introduce any ranked based, "competitve" gear rewards.

After gear stats have been equalized, then you need to better balance classes, and tweak resolve a bit.

If the gap between gear and classes are within a few percent of each other. THEN "ratings" would actually mean something, as it would be a better judge of a players' skill. Then you could introduce access to rewards like SLIGHTY better gear, free consumables, trophies, vanity items, etc..
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

L-RANDLE
12.04.2012 , 09:15 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
You can give them that, but I don't think it would be wise for them to bother augmenting it unless they have creds they don't know what to do with. It will be so quick to get BM gear. Unless you mean, it comes with some generic augment already on it.
Just a slot. Player would still have to buy an actual augment for the slot. Since it is at Lvl 50 the player can reuse the same augment at the next tier, but actuall purchase the augment slot as they do now.

Jadescythe
12.04.2012 , 09:16 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Not sure about how I feel about the rest of it... but the one thing that I definitely like the augment slots to recruit gear being included. Most aren't going to spend the money on augment kits for it. Especially considering how short of a time we're wearing it... but I think MOST would buy the augments to fill it and then just pull them accordingly as they grind.

I know I would... well... if it wasn't for legacy gear I would.
*sigh*

As usual, the three of us are in agreement. The free augment slot would be helpful to those willing to get an augment, and save them 70k or so per piece on this set from getting the augment kit and installing it. Since the gear isn't moddable, they'll still have to augment their later sets, so no harm done.

As to increasing the importance of expertise, I'm not sure how it will work. Most people are still complaining about the increase of expertise's meaning from 1.2. At the same time, however, I played a few matches with my PVE gear on by total accident and didn't even notice until I went to change for a raid (Mix of dread guard and campaign with about 300 expertise from random WH parts). I'm not entirely sure BW wasn't actually trying to give people decent stats on recruit gear just to not piss off the overgeared people running FPs for comms.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

L-RANDLE
12.04.2012 , 09:19 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ranscow View Post
I disagree with the premise that, "Typically gear in PvP does not produce wild outcomes as SWTOR PvP does."
Well I guess I could re-word it to "random outcomes". I am referring to the fact that there is SO MANY more factors involved with SWTOR PvP than most other PvP environments, regardless of genre.. I am trying to eliminate some of the factors so that there is a clear starting point at lvl50 pvp and gear is "somewhat normalized".

L-RANDLE
12.05.2012 , 03:28 PM | #18
It's shameful

classless bump...

denpic
12.05.2012 , 04:56 PM | #19
There's a gap? I've reached 50 on 4 characters and got 3 To war hero participate in rateds and never once stopped to think oh I lost because of a gear gap my last 50 has taken less than 3 weeks to get 9 peices of war hero
Gearing up isn't hard its fun
EOL Marster Dar Nala
ULAC Dalbora

L-RANDLE
12.05.2012 , 05:01 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by denpic View Post
There's a gap?
Which is why it is in quotes.

I personally don't see it either, but... some people believe, Branch Davidian style.